Royal Enfield Himalayan Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Anthiron, Sep 2, 2017.

1. MtnGoat3

MtnGoat3 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone have a known good part# for Adjustable Clutch/Brake Lever set for 2017, RE 535 Continental GT???

Someone on this forum posted a a while back they're supposed to fit the Himalayan; but my dealer can't seem to get them though they've ordered them 2X. RE said they are unavailable.

I spoke to Michael in Ft Worth same dealer as Tim the Parts Guy. But he said he had never seen a set on any 535 Conti GTs. Looked in parts book could not find them. Also used part#888128; which my dealer thought was correct; but Michael said shows STD set of levers.

Was hoping not to have to pay $$$ to get aftermarket set shipped from Hitchcocks in England to USA.

Thx
    MtnGoat3
  2. azgsa

azgsa Dude

Oddometer:
    Seat Concepts seats are awesome. I've had several before and have one on my Africa Twin. Holding off on the Himi till I put some more time on the stock seat. Air stapler is the way to go, works great with 1/4" staples, I just put 2 on for friends with AT's and recovered my Tdub seat. They have a nice Arrow air stapler at Home Depot for about $32 and it uses they same T50 staples that all the hand staplers use so super easy to find staples anywhere.
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  3. Loadtoad101

Loadtoad101 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Finally found a replacement for the plastic covers for the swingarm bolt on Ebay. I had to buy 4 of them. plugs.jpg
    After I get them and try them out, if anybody wants the other two I can mail them to them. I think they will be better then the OEM ones. I think they will be a lot tighter.
    Grek, Eatmore Mudd and Bojer like this.
  4. Eatmore Mudd

Eatmore Mudd Mischief on wheels.

Oddometer:
    The levers the in resource links in my sig lines. ; )
    Tomocan likes this.
  5. MtnGoat3

MtnGoat3 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Excellent!
    Thx Eatmore Mudd!
  6. MtnGoat3

MtnGoat3 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    For some reason I don't see your Signature lines. Is it possible to post the link?

Thx
    MtnGoat3
  7. Loadtoad101

Oddometer:
  8. Loadtoad101

Oddometer:
  9. MtnGoat3

MtnGoat3 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yup I just looked too. Not there. Thx anyhow still alot of great stuff listed.
  10. azgsa

azgsa Dude

Oddometer:
    In case anyone is interested in removing the fresh air injection system (SAS) and/or the EVAP systems from their BS4 Himalayan, here's some info. Both these systems are emissions related and both add complexity and potential failure points to a pretty simple motorcycle. Not saying I've removed mine... just providing info for anyone who might have the inclination.

Air injection (SAS):
    The air injection system is intended to introduce some fresh air into the bikes exhaust stream to allow for a more complete combustion of exhaust gases. The 2 main parts of the air injection system are the electrical solenoid air control valve and the one-way air valve, both attached to the main frame tube under the gas tank. There's a big tube/hose that goes from the airbox to the electric solenoid valve, one from that valve to the one-way air valve, and then one from one-way valve to the exhaust port inlet tube bolted to the head (just above where the header attaches). After both the valves and all the tubing are removed (after removing the gas tank) there are a few things left to do: cap off the large nipple on the air box (I used a big rubber nipple cap I had), plug the hole going to the exhaust port (I modified/sealed-up the existing exhaust air-injection tube that bolts to head and re-attached it), and either wire in a 25 ohm resistor (resistance of the solenoid coil) in place of the solenoid or keep the solenoid coil there (I removed the coil from the solenoid assy and plugged it back in). FYI: I'm assuming that the bike will throw an error code if the air solenoid is just removed, since I noticed the Hitchcocks air injection removal kit has a plug that you wire in and it looks like there's a resistor across the (solenoid activation) wires on the plug. Disclosure: I didn't start the bike up w/o the solenoid plugged in to see if there's an error code (engine dash light on...).

Here's what the solenoid assembly looks like:
    [​IMG]

Here's just the coil removed from the solenoid assembly:
    [​IMG]

Parts removed from solenoid assembly:
    [​IMG]

Showing just the coil plugged back in and zip-tied to frame, and one-way valve and all tubing removed:
    [​IMG]

Exhaust fresh-air inlet tube assembly removed from cylinder head (attaches to head just above exhaust pipe):
    [​IMG]

Modified exhaust inlet tube - sealed off (Hitchcocks supplies a block-off plate with their kit that does same thing):
    [​IMG]

Airbox (which is the fresh air supply for air injection system) nipple capped off. This image looking down from top of bike where seat would be mounted. Also shows capped off vacuum nipple on EFI throttle body (that is used for EVAP system):
    [​IMG]

EVAP system:

The EVAP system stores the gas tank vent fumes into a charcoal canister and then re-introduces them when the engine is running (and a vacuum is present), instead of venting the fumes directly to the atmosphere. The EVAP equipment on the Himalayan is mounted on the skid plate (under the engine). There are two hoses that route from the EVAP components (1) up to the gas tank vent nipple on the bottom of the tank and (2) up to a vacuum nipple on the EFI throttle body.

To remove EVAP system: All the main parts of the system are removed from the skid plate (charcoal canister, purge valve, hoses...), the vacuum tube that connects from EVAP system components on skid plate to the EFI throttle body is removed and nipple on throttle body capped off (see image above), the tube that went from the EVAP system on skid plate to the gas tank vent nipple on bottom of tank (smaller of 2 hoses coming off bottom of tank) is shortened and routed from gas tank down to the bottom of the bike in front of air box and in front of swing arm (where the slightly larger gas tank overflow tube was already routed). The gas tank vent tube is now open directly to the atmosphere instead of to the charcoal canister previously mounted on the skid plate.

EVAP equipment mounted to skid plate, waiting patiently to be removed:
    [​IMG]

Skid with no stuff on it (yay!):
    [​IMG]

This image shows two tubes that will attach to bottom of fuel tank nipples, smaller vent tube has a clamp on it, overflow tube doesn't. Both tubes are now both routed to bottom of bike down in front of air box and in front of swing arm and are left open to atmosphere (leave about 3 inches of each hanging below swing arm):
    [​IMG]

Both EVAP and air injection system parts that would be removed from bike, should you choose to accept this mission:
    [​IMG]
  11. CarstenB

CarstenB Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  12. FarklePilot

FarklePilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  13. FarklePilot

Oddometer:
    Here they are... 20190202_193915.jpg 20190202_193851.jpg
    Matt TwoTired and Eatmore Mudd like this.
  14. Eatmore Mudd

Eatmore Mudd Mischief on wheels.

Oddometer:
    Don't thank me man, thank our fellow inmates who bought built tried and tested all those mods and parts so the rest of us could benefit from it.
    Bradster49 and dulinor like this.
  15. RossoLinea

RossoLinea Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are they also doing headwork? I've been playing with the head and the stock intake valve is already undersized, so if you increase the displacement without a bigger valve, the efficiency will go down.

Regards,

Ken
  16. Loadtoad101

Oddometer:
    How come all I see where you have pictures is this: [​IMG]
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  17. MtnGoat3

MtnGoat3 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  18. MtnGoat3

MtnGoat3 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  19. azgsa

azgsa Dude

Oddometer:
    Sorry fixed
  20. FarklePilot

Oddometer:
    Well hate to disappoint , it's not a sick thing at all... One of the twin four year old granddaughters gave it to me and asked if I would take it for a ride. She and her sister just LOVE riding in the sidecar rig I have and she wanted the doll to have fun as well.