Royal Enfield Himalayan Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Anthiron, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Kiwiscoot

Kiwiscoot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any electrical place that sells electrical stuff to electricians will have it but may want to sell you a very long bit. Hobby electronics places, sometimes automotive spares stores and hardware stores will sell you shorter bits.
    Mr. Goodkat likes this.
  2. stevenatleven

stevenatleven Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just used Gorilla tape because i had some handy, but it could have been duct tape just something tough to act as a sacrificial barrier to absorb the wear.
    Will do the wires/cables under the tank next time its off. Like that spiral wrap idea, will try to locate some for further mods
    Mr. Goodkat likes this.
  3. Bradster49

Bradster49 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pure guess carb adapter plate from EFI head?
  4. sdbruns

sdbruns Potemkin villager

Oddometer:
    I bought the Zana luggage rack and upon fitment found that if the underseat brackets are fully tightened, it pushes down on the taillight housing enough that I put the stocker back on. Leaving the bolts loose enough so the taillight housing is unaffected interferes with putting the pillion pad on and latching it. In fact, I'm not sure the p pad would go on even if the bolts were fully tightened. Anyone else had this issue with the Zana? It is a really skookum piece and I'd like to use it but that doesn't seem to be possible without some major modifications to either the bike or the rack.
  5. Mr. Goodkat

Mr. Goodkat The Dude abides......

Oddometer:
    It definitely reminded me of an intake plenum or something of the sort.
  6. kunwar.g

kunwar.g n00b

Oddometer:
    Seems to be a design issue. Send a message on their page (FB) and do specify that you want Vibhas to take this up and address the issue for you. Let me know if you need any more contact information of them.
  7. Landsurfer74

Landsurfer74 The road goes on forever.

Oddometer:
    Rotherham. Coal Mining and Steel, now shame .....
    +1 ... possibly as i sell thousands of metres of spiral guard ever year ..lol
    Your local hydraulic hose company will sell it to you or even give short lengths foc .. as we often do .. turn up on the bike ....
    Mr. Goodkat likes this.
  8. RossoLinea

RossoLinea Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nope - flow bench adapter for the cylinder head. Hope to have some good flow data by this weekend.

Regards,

Ken
    Honda-50 and Eatmore Mudd like this.
  9. JustMikey

JustMikey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did not know this was possible!! How did you break the bead, with the rim upright? Or do the tires just come looser, once aired down? I like to be prepared!
  10. sdbruns

Oddometer:
    Not on Zuckerberg's monetize the world platform. Is there any other method of contact? Email to sales@zanainternational.com about other subjects has gone mostly unanswered.
    edit: email to sales@ usually gets answered with some sort of upsell boilerplate. It is the contact us box on their website that goes unanswered. But they make stout stuff that up to this piece takes minimal bendy attention to make fit.
  11. Eatmore Mudd

Eatmore Mudd Mischief on wheels.

Oddometer:
    I was gonna guess for investment casting a 84 mm cylinder jug to make a near square engine.
  12. kunwar.g

kunwar.g n00b

Oddometer:
    PM me with some info like where you bought it from and some pics of possible to show the issue. Also your location and the email id you sent email to Zana International. I will forward it to Vibhas and ask him to reach out to you .

Well Zana does most business from FB, so a post on their page will get instant response and specifically cause they didn't respond to your emails.
  13. azgsa

azgsa Dude

Oddometer:
    Yep, no answer for me either. Common problem from almost every Indian supplier I've tried, except for ViaTerra they were awesome (their website shows it too, they have their shit together).
    sdbruns likes this.
  14. sdbruns

Oddometer:
    Try THIS. Bought one after I almost had to take the chop saw to a klr rim to get a Gripster to unclench. Seems to work OK. But then again, I don't mount Gripsters any more.
    R.E.H, 9Realms and JustMikey like this.
  15. sdbruns

Oddometer:
    Will be able to do sometime tomorrow. Thanks.
  16. nathanthepostman

nathanthepostman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    An interesting experiment the other day with water depth. After the second pass the airbox was pretty waterlogged with it escaping as soon as you opened the cover. I learned later that there's a drainage vent at the bottom of the air box. Despite the amount in the airbox no water seemed to make it through to the engine. The oil still looked good. Comparatively, someone on the UK forum has had their oil turn milky from driving through a deep puddle. I don't know if it's to do with speed or pressure of the spray but it definitely seemed to have a bigger impact.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. Kiwiscoot

Kiwiscoot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Man that's muddy. That is pretty epic.:rofl
    My experience was the same as yours when I laid mine down in the river, I killed the engine as it was going over. The LH side was down and the water was flowing over the engine and lapping the seat. I righted the bike and let it stand for a bit for the water to drain out of my luggage, guess any water in the airbox drained out of the weep-hole. The engine started up straight away once the bike was up and there was no water in the oil. Pretty amazing.

Luckily for me the river was clear pristine mountain water so the bike got a wash.
  18. nathanthepostman

nathanthepostman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Muddy! That's like clean bath water to us poms. Yeah it is odd how ours didn't take on water and this other poor chap's biked ended up with a milky oil. I can't imagine there's much harm done to it. I'm just trying to reassure him now.
    Richarde1605 likes this.
  19. Richarde1605

Richarde1605 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have also waded some crossings at bottom of the seat depth, I did not inspect the airbox immediately afterwards but checks later saw that the filter element did not get wet.
    It's a handy jigger the himma :-)
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  20. cwadej

cwadej Keeper of the truth

Oddometer:

I've had mine a little deeper than that in a slowly flowing stream, about 30 yards worth. No issues. (other than getting stuck in river gravel on the exit)
    I dont enjoy it.

Also, I'm hoping someone can come up with something to eliminate, or at least reduce, the shock mount. Smacked it on quite a few rocks today.
    [​IMG]