Royal Enfield Himalayan Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Anthiron, Sep 2, 2017.

1. FarklePilot

FarklePilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, before you replace the headlight check the Cyclops replacement LED bulb. Not your average piece of junk LED bulb. Great cut off, HUGE amount of light, integral fan cooled and over and above customer service... There's a reason it's currently backordered....:-) Love mine.
    https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/Cyclops-100-H4-LED-headlight-bulb_p_192.html

FYI... That light listed says 105Watts... Better be upgrading your wiring and don't think about adding heated grips or gear with that extra load!
    Offcamber and Eatmore Mudd like this.
  2. Eatmore Mudd

Eatmore Mudd Mischief on wheels.

Oddometer:
    I spent some time on the phone with those guys, really knowledgeable. Met the owner once, cool dude.
  3. azgsa

azgsa Dude

Oddometer:
    broccoli.JPG

:dunno
    Matt TwoTired likes this.
  4. Kiwiscoot

Kiwiscoot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. Tomocan

Tomocan Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Any pics on how you moved the read number plate up?

Been thinking of doing that myself.
  6. CNRED

CNRED It'll be OK Supporter

Oddometer:
    That was my concern when I was reading that post. Anyone know what the stator out put is on one of these bikes?
  7. Bar None

Bar None Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  8. FarklePilot

FarklePilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Stator output is 220watts. Most heated grips are at least 40w. heated vest alone 75-100w. Probably need at least 40w ? for ignition etc etc..
  9. RossoLinea

RossoLinea Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not sure if this helps (all I have right now). Basically, I just used aluminum spacers, longer bolts and a fabricated bracket.

IMG_20181226_154552.jpg

Regards,

Ken
    Mr. Goodkat likes this.
  10. Flicka

Flicka Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cit. From the link:
    “The Ultra uses the front two emitters for low beam and then runs all 4 emitters on high beam at a reduced wattage. wattage is 38 watts on low and 38 watts on high.”
    far away from 105w
  11. Treebone

Treebone Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Am I mistaken, or does that RE Trailblazer have tubeless spoke wheels?
    Looks to be inverted forks and a big ole front disc brake (I was going to comment about limpwrist complaints about the front brake, but decided to remain quiet)
    If they would offer those wheels for sale at a reasonable price, I would be more than interested.
  12. RoaringTodd

RoaringTodd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Love the trailblazer
    CDRODA396 likes this.
  13. Mr. Goodkat

Mr. Goodkat The Dude abides......

Oddometer:
    The Trailblazer looks good with knobby tires but so does the Himalayan. Once the stock tires wear out I might recommend that she try the Scorpion Rally STR. I have one on the front of the DR and I like it. It doesn't feel like a knobby be at all on the pavement but it does well off-road too.
    Matt TwoTired likes this.
  14. drdubb

drdubb OFWG Supporter

Oddometer:
    I would guess tha base wattage is more than 40. Theheadlight and other misc lights is probably 80 or more, plus the fuel pump and ignition.
  15. Kiwiscoot

Kiwiscoot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I cleaned out the airfilter yesterday with compressed air and investigated the airbox to see at what depth water will get into the engine. [I could find no drainage hole and don't think there is one because unfiltered air would bypass the airfilter.---Edit....since writing this found out there is a drainage hole fitted with a duckbill, so water will drain out of the airbox.]This is the cranckcase vent inside the airbox and you can see the top of the baffle with the vent hole at the top.
    20190320_175807.jpg
    This is where the baffle is in the air-box. The vent pipe from the engine enters at the bottom.
    20190320_180005.jpg
    This is where the vent pipe enters the cranckcase.
    20190320_175737.jpg
    So the verdict is:
    1.) when the water level is below the side cover then you will get no water in the air-filter even when you stop in the water and you will be ok.
    2.) You will be ok (no water in airfilter) moving forward with the water lapping the bottom of the Himalayan graphics on the side plate but water will enter if you stop. You will be able to start the engine tho without it taking a gulp of water as part of the inlet of the air-box will be above water, tho I would be reluctant to do it.
    3.) You will be ok with water up to the top of the Himalayan graphics but you are pushing the limits and will need to keep moving as anytime you stop water will get into the engine. You will need to get that bike out of that situation as quick as. I would tip the bike over to the right as quick as to keep the waterlevel below the graphics.
    Best is to cut the engine in any situation where you think there is a real danger of water getting into the engine as serious damage is possible to the engine.
    20181206_190302.jpg
    Acually I am impressed, a pretty decent wading depth.
    Tomocan, talmage, Chris S and 4 others like this.
  16. chArj_Himalayan

chArj_Himalayan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any one out in the Indiana (US) area down to ride/moto camp. It is warming up!! :ricky
  17. nathanthepostman

nathanthepostman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that Kiwiscoot, a really good explanation, and interesting about the drainage hole as I didn't actually find it, was just told about it.
  18. Capt. Gary

Capt. Gary Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I took your advice and ordered the cyclops 100h4 led I have one on my vespa gets 300 . The light must be back in stock as my order shipped today thank you for the information
  19. RossoLinea

RossoLinea Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There is a white "duckbill" valve on the bottom of the air box (at least on the EFI bikes). This is basically a one way valve that will allow water to drain but nothing can come back into the air box.

Regards,

Ken
    Bojer and Eatmore Mudd like this.
  20. Matt TwoTired

Matt TwoTired Adventurer

Oddometer: