Royal Enfield Himalayan Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Anthiron, Sep 2, 2017.

1. rockt

rockt Long timer

Oddometer:

A very fair, un-biased and well written review. Can't wait to hear your take on the Interceptor. But man, I would have loved to get your opinion on the Himalayan after riding it through Baja. Next time?
  2. CarstenB

CarstenB Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    they're not listed in the parts manual. They're standard M6x1 bolts.
  3. gatling

gatling Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, I'd like to try the Himalayan, too. I could go for that. We sure had a grand time. We've got about another week's worth of stuff to talk about on the ExNotes blog on the Enfield Baja run. Gresh's take on the Bullet will post early tomorrow.
  4. Eatmore Mudd

Eatmore Mudd Mischief on wheels.

Oddometer:
    I'll leave this here for ya https://advrider.com/f/threads/roya...t-and-aftermarket-parts-index-thread.1351669/
  5. cwadej

cwadej Keeper of the truth

Oddometer:
  6. T500Titan

T500Titan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is the article about front brake pads from France that I referred to. He said these pads allowed the front brake to work much much better than with stock pads. Get it translated if need to but those are the exact pads I purchased. All I need now is to buy my Non-ABS 2019.....

https://motohimalayan.wordpress.com/2018/08/31/un-frein-avant-plus-puissant/
    fe2cruz likes this.
  7. wintrup

wintrup Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was guessing they're M6, thanks.
  8. Eatmore Mudd

Oddometer:
    Weld on footpeg wideners

https://www.worksconnection.com/c35403-footpegs-wideners
  9. azgsa

azgsa Dude

Oddometer:

Available on eBay

Available on Ali Express
  10. lipsee

lipsee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here,s just abit of footage I took last summer.first time over this hill and found it abit steeper then I first thought and was caught out in the wrong gear,,going down the otherside nearly ran out of brakes because the abs kicked in..Sorry but my cheapo cam does not do sound very well..regards all..
    Bojer likes this.
  11. mjhb

mjhb Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I see some of the ‘bigger boys’ are announcing Himalayan accessories/luggage as the northern hemisphere season kicks in ...

Givi is yet to announce prices, but pannier frames, reinforced rear rack, and engine guards on offer.

SW Motech has engine bars and a luggage system.

Hepco and Becker have announced frames and a reinforced rear rack, all of which allow the fitting of any of their luggage options, which I think is a fantastic choice. Also a natty little heat shield to protect plastic panniers from hot exhausts.

I’d like to see how the Himalayan looks with the Gobi Black three-piece set

Anyway, here’s a link showing all the products from H and B ... best I could find on a phone

https://www.hepco-shop.de/en/meinbike/royal-enfield/himalayan-2018
    Mr. Goodkat and Coopdway like this.
  12. Eatmore Mudd

Oddometer:
    Thanks man !
    We'll add them to The LIST
    Gundy and mjhb like this.
  13. mjhb

mjhb Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Eatmore, thought I’d put it here first for better exposure !
  14. T500Titan

T500Titan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    For some reason your video didn’t load and play for me. But this is a very valid point. Depending on the conditions ABS braking has longer stopping distances vs a good rider on a bike who know how to brake at the limit. This is because ABS brakes release and apply pressure constantly. I could get my street tires whimmering at various pitches at the limit. No ABS bike will be able to beat that. In a last second pannick on the street, ABS can save your a$$. I feel it’s always best to ride like they’re all out to kill you, and be prepared to pitch, slide and lock up tires if necessary to save my bacon. In the dirt, it makes far less sense. Stopping distances are increased dramatically vs the street and it’s better to just lock up the (rear) wheel (depending on the surface below) and grind to a halt, whilst using careful pressure on the front brake.

Guys. I am not an expert rider but I’m 54 now and been riding extensively in dirt before 16 and done crazy shit on the street like pitching an 83 VF750 interceptor sideways on an off camber hill to avoid rear ending an idiot on 4 wheels stopping for a rodent! Learning how to ride in the dirt is what saved me in the split second I had. Turn your ABS off in the dirt and learn how to ride and brake depending the multitude of conditions that you will encounter during your adventure rides. You will stop sooner, in shorter distances, I guarantee it, as long as you are reasonably talented. You don’t have to be an expert to do better than ABS in the dirt.

Point is, bikes that venture in the dirt are better controlled by their masters, not by some computer brain that has no clue what you are facing.

I want this bike bad so I can venture off road again, go camping and avoid all the irresponsible drivers on the roads today. And enjoy motorcycling like I did back On the trails..,
    Bruce.
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  15. cwadej

cwadej Keeper of the truth

Oddometer:
  16. Mr. Goodkat

Mr. Goodkat The Dude abides......

Oddometer:
    I have to say I was impressed yesterday. On Monday we made orders for motorcycles gear from ProCycle, Revzilla, Amazon, and the Himalayan side racks from Royal Enfield King all the way in Delhi. Which did we get first? The racks from India! We definitely got them in time for our trip next month and we saved a lot of money.

Then my wife entered a Royal Enfield Instagram contest for free swag and gear a few weeks back and she won. She was pumped about that and they gave her some pretty nice stuff. So far the Himalayan is working out well for her :ricky
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  17. azgsa

azgsa Dude

Oddometer:
    Yeah but he listed the Ali Express item he bought in the video comments, that's where I got info.
  18. JustPedal

JustPedal Adventurer

Oddometer:
    20190323_110556.jpg
    Three Himalayans out and about in South East Queensland Australia.
  19. gavmac

gavmac Long timer

Oddometer:
    Back here again! Do you live out this way?
  20. JustPedal

JustPedal Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No it was Trevors route selection from the Aus Facebook group. Nice country to amble about.
    gavmac likes this.