Royal Enfield Himalayan Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Anthiron, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Coopdway

Coopdway Curiouser Supporter

Oddometer:
    Weekend report complete. Never at a ADV Ride Report quality level, I put them on my blog, address down there in the corner.
    voodoochilled likes this.
  2. voodoochilled

voodoochilled Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like a great weekend! Thanks for sharing.
    Question - how is your Zumo GPS mounted on the Himmy? RAM mount? Looked like it's bolted down to the handlebar using the stock bolt but couldn't quite tell from the pictures.
  3. Freedom Baba

Freedom Baba Adventurer

Oddometer:

Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  4. JBeK

JBeK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the Forum!

/
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  5. Coopdway

Oddometer:
    I have a RAM ball on everything, often use the 7/8” U-bolts. I had a flat ~1/2” x 2” that I used on one handlebar hex head.

We seem to always have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Coopdway

Oddometer:
    I use the old Zumo and a 450 Oregon interchangeably. Finally (mostly) getting them both figured out. Zumo plugs in to 12v, the Oregon can but I carry 8 rechargeable AA that get me through even long weekends. I can mobile recharge if I absolutely have to.

7. Coopdway

Oddometer:
    Anyone know about gas tank ring compatibility?

8. Ironhorse 332

Ironhorse 332 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just put a deposit on one. Now I have to wait until they make it to Pennsylvania.
  9. Vikingtazz

Vikingtazz Will ride for food.

Oddometer:
    Just got a call from the dealer - he uncrated my bike today - that's more than a week early for delivery!
    Still needs to sort out the paperwork and licensing, but if all goes well the bike should be ready for pickup by the weekend.
    I'll have the only black one sold in Ontario until the next wave of shipments - kind of makes me feel special, even if it's short-bus kind of special.
    They've already sold the two white ones in this shipment.
    The dealer is over 400 km's away, so it's going to be a long day getting there and back.
    First world problems - gotta love it.
  10. rockt

rockt Long timer

Oddometer:

Hey Viking, congrats! I'm really interested in this bike but I didn't think they were in Canada yet. What dealer did you buy from? Sounds like they're selling well, good to hear.
  11. Vikingtazz

Vikingtazz Will ride for food.

Oddometer:
    Hey Rockt - there's really only 2 dealers in Ontario and the closer one couldn't be bothered to order any Himalayans.
    When I called to inquire about it the sales guy was borderline rude.

I called the dealer in Acton and they sounded quite excited about the bike and the owner even called me back to let me know he had ordered a black one and not all three white as the previous fella had thought.
    I believe they're all sold now, though I understand they've placed another order.
    So far they've called and emailed twice to keep me up to date.
    Richarde1605 and Eatmore Mudd like this.
  12. FredRydr

FredRydr Danger: Keep Back 300 Ft.

Oddometer:
    Do Canadian bikes have ABS? UK bikes do; US bikes don't.
  13. voodoochilled

voodoochilled Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    AUS bikes don’t either. Probably not until next year when most other international regs will mandate it.

14. Loadtoad101

Loadtoad101 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

There is also two vent lines up in the center tunnel of the tank, one with a squeeze clamp and the other one just pulls off.
  15. rockt

rockt Long timer

Oddometer:

Yeah, I've heard good things about Old Vintage Cranks but didn't know they were an RE dealer until I consulted with Google :D Looks like a cool place. Glad they've treated you well.

Do you know if the Canadian bikes come from RENA in Texas? Just wondering if they get the same going over that the U.S. bikes get.

Please keep updating your experiences with Himalayan.
  16. Richarde1605

Richarde1605 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Enthusiastic dealers, enthusiastic buyers what's not to like? Some get it, others don't, it's a mad world :-)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  17. Loadtoad101

Loadtoad101 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Would like to put a set of handlebar risers on my Himma. I measured my handlebars and they seem to be a standard 7/8 in diameter, will any set of risers that say they fit a 7/8 bar fit? Or, do have to make sure of the distance from center hole to center hole measurement is exactly the same, I would assume so. Can't find info on that distance from the ones advertised. They just mention they fit 7/8 or 1 1/8 dia bars.
    Richarde1605 likes this.
  18. Richarde1605

Richarde1605 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bloody good question, the only time I have done it was with another set of top clamps.
    Yes they are standard 7/8 dia

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  19. Freedom Baba

Freedom Baba Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No ABS in India
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  20. Freedom Baba

Freedom Baba Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good evening from India.

I am from the UK and will spend a year or two over here. I just bought myself a brand new 2018 Royal Enfield Himalayan. Currently just under 400 kms and will get first service at 500kms

First time posting here. Just thought I,d say hi whilst the internet is working. I will be riding some very difficult roads through the Himalayas in 2 or 3 weeks time. I,m just sorting out all that I need for my trip.

Hope to get to know a few of you over the coming weeks and months. Also see what mods you guys have done if any. I could really do you with some handle bar risers but unsure about cable length. Has anyone fitted some and if so where did you get them. It would be better from Europe as its closer than the U.S. or OZ.

Still unsure about tank range but working on it. I filled up yesterday when the fuel gauge said empty but only got 12 litres in so must be 3 litres still in the tank. I will get a fuel can and ride untill bike runs out so I can work out the range. One journey I will be doing is 360 kms between petrol stations.

Look forward to chatting with you guys.

Safe riding

Freedom Baba :)
    SuperChuck, spacely, mjhb and 3 others like this.