RPM One for extended warranty-- Thumbs up? Thumbs down?

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by flybigjet, May 10, 2018.

1. BMWBOB51

BMWBOB51 Going slower, but bench race faster :)

Oddometer:
    Yes
    PineyMountainRacing likes this.
  2. Jonnybow

Jonnybow Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, once the BMW factory warranty ends, these start. You do have to buy it prior to the factory warranty expiring however.
    PineyMountainRacing likes this.
  3. AdvROC

AdvROC Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I brought a used 15 R12GSA with 3300 miles in 2016. The owner had brought extended warranty for bike and wheels and tires. I paid $50 to transfer both warranties. I used the bike extended warranty for $2500. The warranties are good to 2022. I think you can say, I’m ahead.

ROC
    huskershaun likes this.
  4. PineyMountainRacing

PineyMountainRacing Oops....

Oddometer:
    izzit cheaper to buy well before the factory warranty expires? or same price if you wait until the last day, for example?

I see 36 months to 96 months mentioned, are there really 8 year extended warranties?

no real pricing online for RPM. only thing I find is a page for dealers to get info and then complaints to the BBB. is there a lot of variation between dealers or is the pricing pretty straight forward? do you just start calling / emailing different dealers? I won’t use the local dealer, but I might contact the selling dealer. Any others?

I’ve never done an ext warranty with anything before, but thinking maybe on the GSA. TIA.
    AdamChandler and Dogslobber like this.
  5. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b

Oddometer:
    Not specific to RPM but various BMW dealers who quote me different prices always say that he prices go up at least once a year. So..I guess paying now is a good financial choice if you'er going to get it anyway one day inflation + price increases.

However, if you'er like me and crash your bikes every year, you may have an aftermarket warranty attached to a VIN resting in a junk yard.
  6. ArmyStrong

ArmyStrong 6F

Oddometer:
    750 for 4 added on to the BMW 3 for a total of 7. I was about to walk out on the deal and supposedly that was a good deal. Originally I think they wanted 1500 or more.
  7. Travman

Travman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Impressive. Was this with your local dealer or an out of state deal.
  8. manshoon

manshoon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :photog:lol3 Stop Crashing
    AdamChandler likes this.
  9. troop

troop Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My local Triumph dealer is a RPM One Extended Service provider and this is the company they recommend. I know (thinking) their's a big mark up as when I sold motorcycles a couple years back, the Yamaha program (Y.E.S.)/Suzuki (S.E.S.P)/Kawasaki (GTPP)/Honda (HPP) had 50% mark ups. I got a 4 year Yamaha YES for $350. I'll give my dealer a shout, but wondering if their are any on line providers as it's basically a form/$$ ...
  10. Bill-66

Bill-66 The End of the Republic is upon us... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Extended warranty...things down..

PT Barnum discussed this.
  11. SpeedwayRN

SpeedwayRN Go Spies!

Oddometer:
    for $200 why is there even a discussion? I have one for my Motus and it has already paid for a $900 heated seat and a $750 radiator that the brackets cracked on. Considering labor rates are $115-$175 / hour depending on what part of the country your in $200 is a no brainer. Price out one of those fancy OLED screens....
  12. RTinNC

RTinNC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Big +1

have the 96 month versions on both my 2016RT and 2018GS !!

Zero deductible too!
  13. troop

troop Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Kinda reviving this thread. My local Triumph dealer uses RPM as their extended warranty provider. I was quoted $714/four additional years and $850 for five. This starts after the expiration of my OEM (2) year warranty, but road side asst/trip reimbursement starts on receipt of payment. Wondering how those with RPM plans have been treated by servicing dealers? I know from a couple years working at a large Honda/Yamaha/Kawasaki/Suzuki dealership that the OEM plans were covered nicely (and how they work). I also know that their's quite a mark up on plans. $714/4 years for my 800 Tiger is almost double what I paid for my Yamaha Y.E.S. plan of same length for my FZ09. Thoughts?
  14. RTinNC

RTinNC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Honestly I think $850 for FIVE more years is a great deal. I have the same RPM one on both my bikes. 5 years, zero deductible and roadside assistance. I don't think you can compare the RPM One prices with manufacturer supported extended plans and they are almost free. I believe the added 4 years on a Gold Wing was some crazy amount like $450! But for non-manufacturer plans RPM One seems to be the name I hear most and the one my dealer recommends. If you think about it $850 for 5 years amounts to about $.50 a day!

Like most things motorcycles ... there are lots of thoughts on extended warranties. And I understand the logic for not liking them. For me it is just peace of mind.

Hope this helps.
  15. PineyMountainRacing

PineyMountainRacing Oops....

Oddometer:
    someone in the 2017 bad cams thread just posted he paid 1400 for the RPM warranty, but didn’t mention the length of the plan. He said 1700 with roadside.

Edit - 3 year contract
  16. BDO

BDO Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone have a contact for a RPM One Extended Service provider??
  17. flybigjet

flybigjet Remove Before Flight Supporter

Oddometer:
    Try Ellen Driscoll (if she's still there) at Frontline Eurosports in VA. Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 23.09.08.png
    BDO likes this.
  18. RTinNC

RTinNC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Or give David Lemmond a call at Motorcycles of Charlotte (704) 882-6106
  19. Motorius

Motorius Road trippin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    she’s still there. At least as of a couple weeks ago.
  20. BDO

BDO Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    She's now part time.

Chris is taking over for her. I've called and am waiting for pricing. Thanks