RTW - Caucasus Region

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by JanNeumann, Sep 7, 2018.

1. JanNeumann

JanNeumann Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello,

I am a nube here, at last if it comes down to writing ;-) Have read a lot and love that site for its information.
    Currently I am on my second round the world trip. First one for my wife :-D and we started travelling the entire summer around the Caucasus Region since mid of May. Starting in Georia, staying for football reasons a couple of weeks in Russia, being 3,5 weeks in Azerbaijan and are now back on our way to Georgia after being for three weeks in Armenia. In October we are continiuing to Iran.

We do have a youtube channel and publishing on a regular basis 5-8min videos from the Regions we have travelled. The entire Caucasus is worthwhile staying longer than just rushing thruough.

Hope you enjoy the videos and the work I put into them.

Here is the latest one:

And here is the link to our channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPjtQGUf5alj6Bk_jVzO_Dg

Safe travels wherever you are,

Jan

Oh, just have to say the we are talking german as well as we are writing german on our blog. www.motorradreise.blog
  2. TNRyder

TNRyder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    In for the ride. Viel Spaß und fahre sicher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. JanNeumann

JanNeumann Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Trekking36 and Saso like this.
  4. JanNeumann

JanNeumann Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We rode the legendary road to Tusheti region in Georgia with its Abano Pass over 2950m all gravel. After we tried to find information from other travellers and the internet, we met a whole bunch of Heros ;-) who had ridden the enormous dangerous road… I think personally it is just a matter of you driving skills … anyhow it is a must for anybody visiting the region. Enjoy

Saso likes this.
  5. JanNeumann

JanNeumann Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Further West of Tusheti are the Regions of Racha und Svaneti. From the Northeast coming we took the back door tu Ushguli and went offroad through the breathtaking high mountains of the Caucasus... enjoy!

Here is the latest Blog report:
    https://motorradreise.blog/im-land-der-wehrtuerme-svaneti/

Regards,
    Jan
    squadraquota and Saso like this.
  6. JanNeumann

JanNeumann Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Further to Mestia we went and continued to leave the high Caucasus Region for direction of Armenia, but not without having a interesting and laughing chase by the georgian police through the forest :-)

Regards,
    Jan

blog article will be published tomorrow as well: motorradreise.blog
    Saso likes this.
  7. Saso

Saso Happily sporting the DRD4 gene Supporter

Oddometer:
    Enjoying these videos immensely! Thanks for taking us along on your amazing ride!
    JanNeumann likes this.
  8. JanNeumann

JanNeumann Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Last video from our time in the Caucasus region. Tomorrow we are entering Iran and are exiting for all new experiences… It was a wonderful time here and, of course, we did not see all we wanted.

Enjoy!

MrKiwi, squadraquota and TNRyder like this.
  9. JanNeumann

JanNeumann Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We entered Iran without any issues, but with a very warm welcome. The hospitalitiy of the Iraniana are breathtaking and we enjoy our stay here again from the very first moments.

https://youtu.be/dLtvm2ekiOc

Regards and enjoy,

Jan

motorradreise.blog
  10. TNRyder

TNRyder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Super!!! Deine Videos sind wunderbar. Dankeschön und Ich wünsche dir viel Spass zu haben.

~Steven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. JanNeumann

JanNeumann Adventurer

Oddometer:

Hi,

after 2 weeks we had the time to cut a new video being able to upload it, despite certain internet access challenges . From the north of Iran we went further to the west and to the region of Kordestan close to the Iraq border.

Have fun

Jan
    yokesman, MrKiwi and TNRyder like this.
  12. inti

inti One more day everywhere

Oddometer:
    Hallo ihr zwei, wünsche euch eine schöne Zeit. Erinnert mich an unsere Reise 2015.