RTW in 2008 on V-stroms. Calgary to Calgary

Discussion in 'Canada' started by TintinStrom, Oct 23, 2006.

1. TintinStrom

TintinStrom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Everyone,

I'm new to motorcycling this year and am working on a round the world trip in 2008 with my brother. We've decided on (and have purchased) a pair of 2006 DL 650 V-stroms.

I wanted to share with everyone my trip planning website - it's a bit of narrative from a complete noob perspective. It's still in its infancy as I catch up to present day.

<A href="http://fromheretohere.blogspot.com" target=_blank b]? url][ ]www.heretohere.com[>www.heretohere.com

If anyone has any advice, suggestions for either the trip or the website, please don't hesitate to let me know. I posted this website of a couple non-motorcycle related forums and everyone basically said that you folks are the best resource going. Keep up the good work!

Thanks and I hope you enjoy reading.

C.J.
  2. kootenay kid

kootenay kid Lets Ride

Oddometer:
    Good for you man. No matter what make it happen. You'll get a lot of good info here.
  3. TRACTOR RIDER

TRACTOR RIDER No Rules Gruver

Oddometer:
    Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

TR:huh
  4. Full Power

Full Power Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thats going to be a big heap of fun. if you head west, or get around southcentral Alaska look me up, guest shack is available, tire and oil changing facilities, cold beers, etc.
    Dean, standing by in Homer, Alaska
  5. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you're heading west of Alaska, but sure to skip Siberia! Check out the Long Way Round DVDs.. Good luck in planning it :thumb

Keep us posted :lurk
  6. TintinStrom

TintinStrom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the offer for hospitality. Dylan and I are just working through the European stretch now and are trying to find the best way across Russia - Mongolia.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.
  7. JimmieA

JimmieA Long timer

Oddometer:
    Have you looked up the Striking Viking's page here, I wouldn't doubt that it's the biggest here. Go to picture pictures etc. He is writing a book etc too. He traveled the world on a BMW GS 650.
  8. rtw02

rtw02 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Check out horizonsunlimited.com for all the info you need.
    Cheers
  9. Mercenary

Mercenary Mindless Savage

Oddometer:
    Good luck there guy...keep us posted on your planning progress.
  10. TintinStrom

TintinStrom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Planning continues - we have heard that the Trans-siberian / trans-russian highway will be complete in 2008. We are trying to plan our route from Ulan -Ude to Vladivostok and are running into some challenges. Anyone who knows the route or has some help to offer with planning this section, it's greatly appreciated!