RTW - Jan - IRAN

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by JanNeumann, Nov 4, 2018.

1. JanNeumann

JanNeumann Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi folks,

we left the beautiful Caucasus Region to continue the trip into Iran. Despite all kinds of different information, we had no problems at all to enter the country with our "big bikes" (DR650RSE, DR350).
    We will spent 3 month in Iran in 2018 and another 2 month in 2019. Time enough to shot a lot of pictures and videos.
    From the north coming we travelled through Kurdistan along the Irak border and are now in Esfahan.

Here are the first three episodes of our trip.

Best regards and always a lot of fun riding around the world.

Jan

If you like it, we are pleased to have you signed up on our YouTube channel.
    garfey, td63, Saso and 2 others like this.
  2. Pcq

Pcq Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice videos !!
    Man I wanted to do this badly .. next time in spring I’ll make the attempt to cross !

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
  3. JanNeumann

JanNeumann Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi again,

Irans variety of landscapes has forced us to change the mode of transportation: 5h trainride from Dorud to Andimeshk in the western Part of Iran. Gorges, Canyons and no road through tremendous mountains where only the old traintracks can go… It is to be said one of the most beautiful train tracks in the world. And we agree that it is impressive..

Regards,

Jan
    garfey, Saso and squadraquota like this.
  4. JanNeumann

JanNeumann Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi folks,

we spent 4 weeks in Esfahan. Silke went to Mongolia for 9 days to work and I stayed. that is the reason to have a more cultural video from 1001 nights in Esfahan the most beautiful city in Iran.

In two days we are entering the iranian desert and have a look there.

The last blog article is only as well. www.motorradreise.blog

See ya on the Offroad ;-)

Jan
    garfey, squadraquota and Saso like this.
  5. JanNeumann

JanNeumann Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So far we reached the third month of our stay in Iran and were able yesterday to extend the CdP for an other 4 months, that we can leave Iran for 2 months to go home and return, while our bikes are staying here :-) So next year we have additional exiting 2 months here.

Here is our last video from Esfahan to the desert city of Kashan.

At the moment I am cutting our iranian desert videos from Maranjabad desert and Vazarneh desert including our surprising participation of an desert Rallye :-)

https://youtu.be/i-K4VE4MbwU

Regards and stay tuned,

Jan
    garfey likes this.
  6. JanNeumann

JanNeumann Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good morning, we pumped into an iranian Rallye Raid in Maranjab Desert and were suddenly riding the bikes in the competitors field :-)
    Enjoy Rallye riding.

7. JanNeumann

JanNeumann Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Merry Christmas to all of you where ever you are on this planet!
    We are on Qeshm Island in Iran and I found the time to cut the next video from Maranjab desert to Varzaneh desert with beautiful dunes, salt lake and vulcanos on route.

8. squadraquota

squadraquota mostly harmless

Oddometer:
    Thank you for showing us Iran, what an amazing country it is.
  9. JanNeumann

JanNeumann Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello,

my last post for this year is about the Lut Desert in Iran with its 400m high dunes. We went into the desert with cars, for it is almost impossible to go there with bikes. At least it is not possible with our old DRs. 5 days we spent with 2 cars in the dunes of the Lut, the Dash, saw the eye of the lut, Stardunes and crossed the Kalouts from the east to the west. It was breathtaking and I think the video is the same :-) Enjoy it!

Her is our Blog for the tour: https://motorradreise.blog/5-tage-wueste-lut/

And the video:

Happy New year to all of you. Stay safe.

Jan
    squadraquota likes this.
  10. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Incredible desert trip with the Toyota 4x4! How incredible it would be to be cut loose with a modern 2 stroke dirt bike with a good sand tire. Looks like a wonderful desert expedition, what did it work out for on the price for the 5 day trip?

Doesn’t even seem like it would be possible without the guide and a 4x4. The drone shots are fantastic especially of the snakes tongue seeing from above as you travel in the groove. Awesome the Iranians allow the technology to be allowed in country. Thanks for sharing from this part of the World rarely seen here on this site:clap:clap:clap
  11. JanNeumann

JanNeumann Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Guess, it would be doable with my EXC 500 with sand tyres. For 2 Stroke you cannot take enough gasoline with you. It was 180$ per day per person and we paid 4 days. The 5th day happen to occur because Ali had a day off and wanted to stay in the desert and we had no other plans.

There are only a few going that deep into the Lut and only with 2 Cars. The Landcruiser had 4.5l engine with 270hp. Not all guides here have the appropriate equipment. It is a lot of money, but was absolutely worth every penny. :-)
  12. JanNeumann

JanNeumann Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello together,

we are back in Iran for another 3 month with our bikes and after our last Desert adventure in December, we are back on the iranian roads :.-) This video is about our time from January and what happend until we arrived in Teheran. We love this country. Enjoy!!

Jan

13. Asianrider

Asianrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :photog Iran is a big country, so it's nice that you have plenty of time to discover all kinds of hidden gems (and share them with us!) but the summer is hot as hell !
  14. JanNeumann

JanNeumann Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi,

we are back on the road or better offroad in the northern mountainious region of Iran. We drove into Alamut Valley trying to cross the passes of 3200m Offroad and had to dig our way through. This video is with english subtitle. At least I hope that it is there, because as a german I cannot see it. We got a lot of pms asking for it. So, hopefully it works. Feedback about it is welcome.

Have fun in the mountains.

Regards,

Jan