RTW on a H.A.T. In the slow lane.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by gperkins, Sep 7, 2016.

1. roadcapDen

roadcapDen Ass, Grass or Gas, no free rides.

Oddometer:
    Pencil in BBQ, beer, bacon, buffet and bed when y'all get to Canada, we're between Toronto and Niagara Falls. Cheers
    gperkins likes this.
  2. gperkins

gperkins graeme

Oddometer:
    Thank you roadcapDen, we both look forward to your kind offer. I just wish I knew when that will be.
    roadcapDen likes this.
  3. Doogle

Doogle Do it while you can Supporter

Oddometer:
    There aren't many RR's about the Balkans and Turkey. I found your's informative. I am wanting to go there next month if restrictions don't look too gloomy. Wanted to last year. If I go I'll rent a bike in Croatia or Turkey. Turkey has more things I want to see, but your RR has shown more things I'd like to see in the Balkans also. Covid restrictions will probably be the biggest deciding factor for where I may start.

I like your presentation of pictures and writing for help deciding where to go. I travel faster because my wife doesn't come with me. I also try to do my RR's for others to help them decide where they might want to travel.
    black top bob likes this.
  4. gperkins

gperkins graeme

Oddometer:
    Hi Doogle, I'm really sorry about the tardy response. I only look at the blog maybe once a month and it's only now that I see your comment.

I hope you get to both Turkey and the Balkans, as is clear I'm sure, we really love this part of the world. There is so much on offer and you won't break the bank when there.

So far as our plans go. Well the bike is still safely housed in Sofia and we will one way or another get back there next April/May to continue our jouney. Covid of course blew all plans out of the water these last 18 months. Exactly what we do is still open. Hopefully east through Ukraine, Russia, Mongolia, Russia, Japan and then onto Nth America. But if that is not achievable, then we'll turn west and still end up in Nth America next year. This is of course assuming there are no more curve balls thown our way.

In any case I really hope that you make it over and achieve you goal. Can't really offer any help on the bike hire front. But if you are stuck it is always worth touching base with the good folk at Moto Camp, http://motosapiens.org/motocamp/ If anyone knows of any suitable contacts, then they will.

All the best with your travels.