1. Livestream NOW at 9pm EST / 6M PST! Any Questions for Marc?
    Baldy + Alta CEO & Co-Founder Marc Fenigstein YouTube Live Chat here
    Dismiss Notice

RTW on a thumper... Round the World ADVenturization

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by rtwpaul, Jul 18, 2012.

1. rtwpaul

rtwpaul out riding... Supporter

Oddometer:
    right now i'm carrying a samsung tl500, a canon g16 and a lumix/ panasonic lx7,normally i have a big canon dslr as well with a 18-250 lens and a couple of gp pros (that i always forget i have!!) i use smugmug for storage, i do some editing and some as i take...you didn't add the photo you are curious about, do that and i'll explain no problem
  2. rtwpaul

Oddometer:
    then you really need to try there new satsuma blend...now thats some good chit right there :wink:
  3. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to your thoughts on the s10. Might be my next 2 up bike.
  4. Mustang28027

Mustang28027 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That pic is fascinating. How did you get the effects? what editing program do you use? You seem to get different colors and contrast that are unique. I haven't gotten far into your ride report...

Dave
  5. GhostRiderFC

GhostRiderFC Just a guy who rides

Oddometer:
    Wow... that's a total flashback right there. My first car was a 1964 Ford Fairlane 500. Very much like that one on the right. Those two on the left look like 66-67 Fairlanes, too.

Meanwhile, it's barely creeping into the 40's in the Albuquerque area today. But it's a balmy 69 in Tucson. Just sayin.
  6. Eagletalon

Eagletalon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Really excited for this new side of the journey. Ride safe amigo.

Later
    John
  7. rtwpaul

Oddometer:
    that one was done with photomatix pro, its a HDR shot from duplicates of one shot taken whilst riding, and then when i did the finishing touch i deleted blue from the color scale to make the sky black and white to give that end of world look
  8. rtwpaul

Oddometer:
    there's a lot of time and money to invest in those rides to get them back to showroom quality, i'll pass theres a lot better stuff to find in AZ and NV

we'll be in Tucson tomorrow, it was 32 today crossing Texas with freezing rain...not fun
  9. rtwpaul

Oddometer:
    thanks John... still loads more to come
  10. rtwpaul

Oddometer:
    After watching the Tigers loose in overtime, and then the Saints loose to it was time to move on and head to some more friends in Alabama, and then on to the Barber Museum to play the... had one, want one, knew someone who had one and of course the WTF were they thinking game

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

then there it is, the gem of all gems Brough Superior SS100, the details are amazing

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

V8 Kawazaki...really don't remember that one in the showroom
    [​IMG]

the V Max...i did a 33 State, 2 Canadian Provences - 20,000 mile tour on one of these in 1998

[​IMG]

My next door neighbor had one of these when i was a kid living in England

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

in a few days we'll be going over the same bridge Peter Fonda did on Captain America in Morgan City, and soon after go shot!!!

[​IMG]

Just DAM!!!!

[​IMG]

it was a sad day when Vincent had to try and make money any way they could to stay in business, of the few off shoots were lawnmowers and this personal watercraft

[​IMG]
  11. GhostRiderFC

Oddometer:
    Well, you have my number. You have accommodations and a garage available. And I know a place that has the best Philly Cheesesteaks outside of Philadelphia.
  12. chasbo

chasbo Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Glad that you are on the road again Paul!
  13. rtwpaul

Oddometer:
    thank you for putting us up, great seeing you again and yes the philly was definitely worth the drive
  14. rtwpaul

Oddometer:
    as this is a real quick whirlwind tour from Barber we headed to the Florida panhandle riding thru a little Alabama fall foliage and a surprise to see cotton growing this time of year

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

we arrived at Grayton State Park just as the sun was setting and then set up the new tent, a Nemo 4 man that packs as small as my two man and settled in for a nice clear night looking at the clear Florida skies and the star show

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  15. GhostRiderFC

Oddometer:
    Great to see you again! Nice to meet Jenn. Enjoy the rest of your ride!
  16. Dracula

Dracula aficionado Supporter

Oddometer:
    Paul congrats on the new ride! Many thanks for your tips on my ride West. This time I sampled but I now know where I'll be spending more time in next ones. Or maybe not and just shoot further on other continents. Looks like my sub from this thread was dropped auto magically when you renamed it.:D But not to worry, I care less for thumpers and more for the rider. I definitely wanted to see how you're progressing. Barber was pretty cool when I visited last summer with BMWRA rally. I had a blast. The one thing I can't forget was meeting a guy in Bama on a huge V twin and telling him what a nice Harley. He said, "this ain't no Harley it's a Big Dog" then he took another puff from his cigarette and cranked it started, must have used like 200 AMP battery to turn that thing.. hahhaaa

Cheers man!
    Look forward to more posts from you.
    Vic
  17. kevinsinvegas

kevinsinvegas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sweet looking S10! How's Jenn liking the travel by bike?

Ride Safe!

:freaky
  18. rtwpaul

Oddometer:
    you can ask her yourself in a few days, we'll be back soon
  19. rtwpaul

Oddometer:
    a quick ride from Florida to New Orleans...party:freaky:freaky:freaky:freaky:freaky

[​IMG]

got a deal on a place off Airbnb right on Frenchman street who was a world traveler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

before hitting the bars :freaky we stopped in to see a Friend JT Nesbit who used to be the lead designer for Confederate Motorcycles he now is on his own and just designed and built the bike he is sitting ...read about it here, no comments on the seat, seriously read about the development he made in suspension HERE

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

after that it was onto Bourbon, and thats all i have to say about that :lol3

[​IMG]

the morning after the night before...Cafe Du Monde for Beignets

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  20. jerdog53

jerdog53 Crop Dusting Everywhere

Oddometer:
    :tb