RTW on a thumper... Round the World ADVenturization

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by rtwpaul, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Pistonrod

Pistonrod n00b

Oddometer:
    Not be nosy here ,but the correct way of saying "I don't speak Spanish" is "Yo no hablo Espanol" or you can use "I don't understand Spanish" "No entiendo Espanol"...Those two phrases should be enough to alert the Cops that there is a language barrier.......

Central American countries have a large part of their population that use English as their second language so it shouldn't be a problem.
  2. rtwpaul

rtwpaul out riding...

Oddometer:
    i have had a look and i think i'll accept the challenge, i'll run the northern section...so more letters to add!!!
  3. rtwpaul

rtwpaul out riding...

Oddometer:
    i am doing an offroad ride this summer, which won't be associated with this thread, then in Jan 2016 the RTW will continue but as i'm swapping bikes and now going two up i decided i'll start a new thread.

when that happens i'll add a link on this thread to move the readers over, just keep a subscription with email alert and you'll be informed as if by magic by advrider :lol3
  4. rtwpaul

rtwpaul out riding...

Oddometer:
    my spanish is very good, this is meant more of a distraction for the police making them think i am a complete idiot and they have NO WAY of conversing with me...if i go the No entiendo Espanol route then it makes them aware that i do know something and it makes it a lot harder to get out of a ticket or i end up at the side of the road playing charades hell of a lot longer

its all a game...not to get a ticket or normally what turns out to be a bribe, i even said no fumar espanol to a cop in Kazakstan last year to get out of a speeding ticket i was doing 25 in a 15 and got out of it :lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3
  5. Pistonrod

Pistonrod n00b

Oddometer:
    Some years ago I tried playing that game with a Georgia Deklab county deputy it went very very bad.........:deal..........In Costa Rica I was given a ticket once for "crossing "a no crossing sign that was placed in that spot within 12 hours of me passing through that place :eek1.....Guess what? I went to the county office and asked for a Ticket revoke and won the case....

Next time you are in town (Costa Rica) let me know:freaky
  6. rtwpaul

rtwpaul out riding...

Oddometer:
    I'll be there next year, dropping you a PM
  7. UKbri

UKbri Just a Rider

Oddometer:
    TWAT ! Trans Wisconsin Adv Trail ?
  8. rtwpaul

rtwpaul out riding...

Oddometer:
    I'll it take thats a suggestion, not an observation :lol3
  9. Vin

Vin Hopeless Addict

Oddometer:
    I always enjoy riding the Trans Wisconsin Adv Trail.:wink:
  10. rtwpaul

rtwpaul out riding...

Oddometer:
  11. corsaire1773

corsaire1773 World Pirate...

Oddometer:
    Hi Paul ...Hi all members....

It is Jeff the Crazy Frog from these pictures ... I was writing on my blog, updating text and pictures ( not yet finish as it was in French and I re write everything in English and replace post by webpages :( ) and I arrived at the moment we met ^_^ ....
    So what's up ... My trip end well , with no major problems .. After you , I met a nice group of Russians people in vacation at few kilometers ( my next update on my website) . I stayed with them few days and I had a lot of fun...I have been to the south of the Teleskoi lake . After that I came back to the north,took the direction of Baikal Lake and on the way of Abakan, wanted to join the mongolia border and again had rainnnnnn again for day and day lol ....I never had so much water on my head during a vacation ... One nigh I even had a storm that destroyed trees... they fall on cars it was a really mess in the camping .. anyway ..I came back safely to France .

What I 'll remember about this trip will be all the nice people that I am met all along my road ..Kazak, Russians and Foreigners

Now :

I am preparing and doing modification on my 690 for long ride ( using all post from advrider :) and from rolling hobo )
    I follow your advises for the next trip and I use my experience on mine also for a better preparation......Yeah I was carrying a lot of crap lol
    I bought Mosko Moto bags ( it just arrived at home )...
    Still in touch with Jussy from Rolling Hobo that I met with his friend in Omsk Russia before I met you ... and he is doing again a hell of trip in Europe
    Preparing an off road trip for the next year ..... I would like to cross Carpate mountain ( Romania ) with the 690
    Just cam back from a 990 LC8 meeting in the Italian Alps were I met nice mates from UK, Greece, Germany, Swiss, NL , Belgium .. I was the only French

P1010051.jpg
    LC8 2015 (4).jpg LC8 2015 (12).jpg

Attached Files:

12. rtwpaul

rtwpaul out riding...

Oddometer:
    hey Jeff good to hear from you...i head out tomorrow morning for more riding, thread is HERE

when eventually get to France in a few years i'll stop by and say bonjour
  13. Rot Box

Rot Box Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I finished reading your report for the second time now and just wanted to say thanks for taking us along. Outstanding story and photos--what an adventure!! :ricky
    rtwpaul likes this.
  14. CACH

CACH Circumnavigator. Now heading south.

Oddometer:
    Great stuff dude,
    I'm planning on riding to Ulan Ude from Irkutsk in a few hours and would greatly appreciate if I could get in contact with the clubhouse once I'm in town. I know I'll probably bump into them upon arrival but just in case, would you have contact or gps coordinates. I need to swap tires and possibly load my gs1200 on the train till Khabarovsk. My Russian visa is expiring faster then my average 500km per day so I need to board the ferry in Vladivostok asap. Thanks for the tip, if possible.
  15. rtwpaul

rtwpaul out riding...

Oddometer:
    just saw this hopefully not too late - N51° 47.791' E107° 36.108'
  16. CACH

CACH Circumnavigator. Now heading south.

Oddometer:
    Right on
    Thanks
  17. derblauereiter

derblauereiter Mostly made of cheese Supporter

Oddometer:
    Whew! Just finished reading this whole epic as a way to pass my lunch break, etc, after buying some supermoto parts from you for my WRr. What an amazing (two) trips! Excited to see what you got up to next, I feel like I’m in a time machine! Every time there was a name of a town with the excellent photos I saved them to my map as places to go... it’s looking good! Thanks for the inspiration and motorcycle parts. I still have to install the damper and supermoto wheels but everything else is on and doing its job...
    79F9E8C3-B914-45AB-9887-1C229B5AD097.jpeg
    rtwpaul and davyjones like this.