RTW the Jamie Z Way: California is the place you outta be.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Jamie Z, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Soil Sample

Soil Sample Adventurer

Oddometer:
    mikegc likes this.
  2. Hot Stuff

Hot Stuff Road Dragon

Oddometer:
  3. GringoRider

GringoRider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Part Number for EBC is FA140HH M-016. According to Ebay. Sell for $41.73.
  4. Hill Climber

Hill Climber Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think this is what you need:
    EBC Brakes USA Made Double-H Series Sintered Brake Pads To Fit Rear Right
    Part No FA140HH
    These fit a 2019 Honda CB500X Non ABS

I'm having trouble finding a cross reference guide, and the above PN is a good possibility to fit a Non ABS (of which I don't know what your bike is)
    Best bet is to call a Honda dealer (Rapid City?) and see what they have. They will have cross reference access.

Ah, others stepped in while I was searching. Good info guys!!!!
  5. GringoRider

GringoRider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The same pads fit Buells also so maybe somebody is selling parts for them there.
    y2blade likes this.
  6. GringoRider

GringoRider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    And Triumphs.
    y2blade likes this.
  7. bigjohnsd

bigjohnsd '14 BMW R1200 GS Adv Supporter

Oddometer:
    Best bet is Rice Honda in Rapid City - 605-342-2242
    y2blade and Hill Climber like this.
  8. Hill Climber

Hill Climber Long timer

Oddometer:
    On a hopeful note, our fearless leader (a.k.a. Junior) met with Provincial leaders today and quietly indicated his office disclosed a target of mid-August for when the Canadian border might reopen for fully vaccinated Americans. Note the word "might". Hoping it's true and the U.S. government reciprocates as my wife and I hope to do a long overdue trip to the southern states to see family and take care of some business.

Don't know if this leaves your travel plans to Canada/Alaska too late in the summer or not.....
    Andyota and liv2day like this.
  9. Hill Climber

Hill Climber Long timer

Oddometer:
    y2blade and Soil Sample like this.
  10. Jamie Z

Jamie Z I'm serious. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow, thanks everyone.

Unfortunately it doesn't appear that anyone has them in stock. I tried Rice Honda, Outdoor Motorsports, Black Hills Powersports. Sturgis Motorsports...
  11. Hill Climber

Hill Climber Long timer

Oddometer:
    What about OEM pads, to get you through...
    PN: 06435-MGZ-J02 Rear pads..

or, rockymountainatv mc Usual delivery 3 days...
    https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/parts/ebc-brake-pad-sintered-double-h-p

Add a couple of extra needed items to reach the minimum $75 free shipping. (add a front set of pads will get you there....)
    And, you can upgrade to 2 Day Air for an additional flat fee of $15.00 or upgrade to Next Day for an additional flat fee of $25.00.

Order online or call (800) 336-5437
    7am-7pm Monday - Friday, 8am-4pm Saturday MT
    Jamie Z likes this.
  12. bigjohnsd

Oddometer:
    Andyota, danh600, garfey and 7 others like this.
  13. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    Is it possible someone with a Prime account could send it next day-ish to an address Jamie will be at? Perhaps as a gift item? Looks like bigjohnsd might be able to get it taken care of...

Doesn't totally surprise me, but it does surprise me a little bit, that something as simple as brake pads are no longer in stock at dealerships. I realize Covid times bring difficult circumstances but it just goes to show that not even common Honda parts are in stock anymore, contrary to the idea that many folks have where they only buy Japanese mc's because they can get parts anywhere.
    GringoRider likes this.
  14. Soil Sample

Soil Sample Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a prime account and would be more than happy to order and have drop shipped.
    Andyota likes this.
  15. bigjohnsd

Oddometer:
    Problem solved, on the way, supposed to arrive here Tuesday, will install once received.
    Andyota, HPPants, falcofred and 17 others like this.
  16. mpusms

mpusms Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
  17. bigjohnsd

Oddometer:
    Riding to Canada
    Looks like things are opening up soon in Canada. An AP story on 7/15:

TORONTO (AP) — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Thursday Canada could start allowing fully vaccinated Americans into Canada as of mid-August for non-essential travel and should be in a position to welcome fully vaccinated travelers from all countries by early September.

Trudeau spoke with leaders of Canada’s provinces and his office released a readout of the call. He noted that if Canada’s current positive path of vaccination rate and public health conditions continue the border can open.

“Canada would be in a position to welcome fully vaccinated travelers from all countries by early September,” the readout said. “He noted the ongoing discussions with the United States on reopening plans, and indicated that we could expect to start allowing fully vaccinated U.S. citizens and permanent residents into Canada as of mid-August for non-essential travel.”

Trudeau noted Canada continues to lead G20 countries in vaccination rates with approximately 80% of eligible Canadians vaccinated with their first dose and over 50% of eligible Canadians fully vaccinated. He said case numbers and severe illness continue to decline across the country as vaccination rates continue to increase.

In the early days of the pandemic, the U.S. and Canadian governments closed the more than 5,500-mile (8,800-kilometer) border to nonessential traffic. With increasing vaccination rates and dropping infection rates, some were annoyed the two governments hadn’t laid out detailed plans to fully reopen the border.

Canada began easing its restrictions earlier this month, allowing fully vaccinated Canadians or permanent legal residents to return Canada without quarantining. But among the requirements are a negative test for the virus before returning, and another once they get back.

Pressure has been mounting on Canada to continue to ease the restrictions at the border, which have been in effect since March of last year.

Providing exemptions for travel into Canada amid the pandemic is politically sensitive and Trudeau is expected to call a federal election next month.

Commercial traffic has gone back and forth normally between the two countries since the start of the pandemic. Canadians are able to fly into the United States with a negative COVID-19 test.

The U.S. Travel Association estimates that each month the border is closed costs $1.5 billion. Canadian officials say Canada had about 22 million foreign visitors in 2019 — about 15 million of them from the United States.

Canadian officials have said they would like 75% of eligible Canadian residents to be fully vaccinated before loosening border restrictions for tourists and business travelers. The Canadian government expects to have enough vaccine delivered for 80% of eligible Canadians to be fully vaccinated by the end of July. The U.S. only allowed for exports of vaccines into Canada in early May.

Major League Baseball and the Toronto Blue Jays are hoping to win an exemption to allow for home games to be played in Toronto starting July 30. Allowing unvaccinated players into the country remains a sticking point but protocols will be put in place. The Blue Jays played home games during the shortened 2020 season in Buffalo, New York and started this season in Dunedin, Florida, before moving to Buffalo.

The Canadian government didn’t allow the team to play at home in Toronto because of the risk of spreading COVID-19, citing frequent travel required in the U.S. during a baseball season.
    Jamie Z, Meatn'taters, garfey and 3 others like this.
  18. Jamie Z

Jamie Z I'm serious. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Her coverage of the Curtis Flowers case in Mississippi is another good one.

As I expected, the name does not sound familiar. We never knew many of our neighbors, just a couple of the closest ones.

Can't say I noticed anything like that... but I wasn't paying much attention.
    I'm happy to discuss Cuba. Cuba has been on my mind a lot recently with the news coming out.

By adding a zero to the end of the URL, you're telling Spotwalla to show you the last 300 days of my trip, rather than the last 30 days. That trick will work for about two and a half more months.

I really think August is too late.

I'm weighing some options about my goal to go to Alaska and the Arctic ocean... I just think mid-August opening is too late to make an enjoyable trip.
  19. LeeU

LeeU Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It can snow in Alaska in early Sep!! Called "Termination"!
  20. bk brkr baker

bk brkr baker Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Middle of August is pretty late , I was in the southern part of B.C. in mid-September and people would ask why I was there on a motorcycle so late in the year. They would point at the snow on top of the mountains and say "That could be covering the road tomorrow ." They were right , I went south.