Rugby World Cup 2019

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Wildman, Sep 20, 2018.

1. kamanya

kamanya Andrew to most

Oddometer:
    It says, the US will only win one group match.
  2. UncleJ

UncleJ It's Happy Hour Somewhere

Oddometer:
    Haven't had any luck finding some full video replays. I haven't figured out how to set up a VPN yet... But, 2 of our local bars are replaying some of the games.

Nice to see Argentina playing well.
    Wildman likes this.
  3. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    Occasional flashes of brilliance today by England but overall, average at best. They will need to step thing up considerably for France and the Argies.
  4. slowbike smallpenis

slowbike smallpenis Tester of Tooheys Old

Oddometer:
    Shoalhaven above Tasmania and West of New Zealand
    Well knock me down with a feather....

Well done Los Teros !!!
    neanderthal and Wildman like this.
  5. Mr Potter

Mr Potter Long timer

Oddometer:
    lets hope it isn't this mornings match then.
  6. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Konichiwa, Joe Schmidt san.

Outstanding.
    neanderthal likes this.
  7. neanderthal

neanderthal globeriding wannabe

Oddometer:
    Here, but lost. Am I lost if i know i'm here?
    What a fantastic result for Japan. Take a bow Brave Blossoms. Bravo.

Perhaps an even more impressive result than four years ago against the Boks; this time around no one was going to under estimate them.
    Wildman likes this.
  8. slowbike smallpenis

Oddometer:
    Well it took 55 minutes to have 40 minutes of football, 6 minutes to fabricate a TMO penalty for an attacking fend and no NO TMO review of a blatant off side interception... yep World Rugby was right , the Referees are sub standard performance... and TMOs need to fuck off

Beyond belief
    Bleh likes this.
  9. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Blatant?

My goodness! That is unbelievable! I am going to say he was onside, Will Genia picked the ball up and took two steps before passing. Sterling Mortlock.

Not so much.

Well played to the Taffs.

Cheika needs to drop O'Connor and play both Toomua and Beale from the start in the remaining matches.
    neanderthal likes this.
  10. slowbike smallpenis

Oddometer:
    It was blatant ... Blind Freddy called it as soon as he got the ball.

I think the main point being is the TMO held the game up for an attack carry against a poor tackle for 5 minutes however wouldn’t raise an eyebrow about the offside..

Not the Taffy’s fault, they have developed a boring brand that works for the Northern Hemisphere, we like running Rugby below the Equator heaven help them if they change the field goal points like they did in league .

Australia, a genuine number 6 in the World. Taffs, well not sure bout 1

Beale , no .
  11. Wildman

Wildman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Meh.

Every Aussie news outlet has Davies, "A mile offside", and everyone else is calling it, "A perfectly timed run".

I can't tell. It was marginal.

See you in the quarter-final. Assuming we beat the Argies and Frogs.
  12. Bleh

Bleh Long timer

Oddometer:
    They didn't show a decent replay for me to say offside or not, but the penalty against Kerevi was a joke.
  13. Oscar

Oscar Master of the Universe! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Jeez, I though NZers were bad losers...

He wasn't offside.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Genia shouldn't have taken so many steps before passing...

As for Kerevi, this is from this morning's Sydney Morning Herald:

The law has not changed. Fends are illegal ('hand-offs', where the hand is used to palm off a defender, are okay), and the ball carrier cannot lead with the elbow or forearm into contact with the tackler's head or neck.

A Scarlets player in the Pro 14 was handed three weeks for an illegal fend - on Welsh international George North, no less - in October. An Edinburgh player was red-carded then banned for four weeks for the same earlier in the season. But until Sunday at Tokyo Stadium, Australian fans were not generally aware they were a problem. Indeed, Kerevi's Jonah Lomu-esque carry in the opening Bledisloe Cup Test was feted in Perth last month. The attention has been on the tackler. Reece Hodge (three weeks), Motu Matu'u (three weeks), Ray Lee-Lo (three weeks), John Quill (red card, three weeks). Hooper was penalised for a tackle in the 17th minute, with Poite noting there was no contact with the head and no issue with the height.

In an otherwise clumsy Australian first-half performance, Kerevi was having a field day, with a performance reminiscent of his devastating turn in Perth.
    His carries were brutal and Wales lost Dan Biggar to a concussion after the five-eighth put his body in Kerevi's path in the first 15 minutes.
    It was Biggar's replacement Rhys Patchell, again trying to stop the Australian No.13, who was the next recipient of Kerevi's powerful bump-off with his forearm. This time, Poite stopped the clock and pored over the replay, penalising the Wallabies and warning Kerevi for leading with his forearm or elbow.

You can't lead with the forearm, no more than you can fend with a fist to the face.
    Since Cheika & Hooper basically admitted that they don't know the rules, they should probably STFU.
    Mr Potter and Wildman like this.
  14. slowbike smallpenis

Oddometer:
    Oh FFS STFU ??? - 'lead with the forearm - the Welsh git should have been yellow carded for a high tackle 'attempt' seeing the TMO is so precocious - since when is holding the ball with both arms then to fend leading with a forearm ? The taff was going high for gawd sake

The games become a pansy fest ...

He was off side Stuart, Each team has an offside line that runs parallel to the goal line through the maul participants’ hindmost foot that is nearest to that team’s goal line. If that foot is on or behind the goal line, the offside line for that team is the goal line. - The opportunity to review it was however not undertaken by the Colonial peasant sitting in the box for some odd reason
    Bleh likes this.
  15. Kiwi Mo

Kiwi Mo Long timer

Oddometer:
    not offside1569799289365.jpg not offside1569799289365.jpg the elbo1569791121244.jpg Im not sure its OK to pop the tackler in the neck, throat or head area with your elbow.

Both were adamant Davies was offside with Kearns claiming he was "two metres in front of his own defensive line".

"The whole refereeing display has been disgraceful, not only by Romain Poite but by Ben Skeen," Kearns said on a Fox Sports Australia television panel.

Well here is a photo. Clearly onside.

Stop ya winging. Ya got beat. not offside1569799289365.jpg
    neanderthal and Oscar like this.
  16. neanderthal

neanderthal globeriding wannabe

Oddometer:
    Here, but lost. Am I lost if i know i'm here?
    The yellow line is actually the gain line, the offside line would be behind the last man's feet (see the two nearest Welsh players to the ruck) but since Genia
    A has the ball in both hands
    B has lifted the ball off the ground
    C has taken the ball beyond the last mans feet
    there is no longer an offside line.

The two steps he took before passing didn't help either.
    GIL likes this.
  17. slowbike smallpenis

Oddometer:
    Crap picture is at an angle. I will stop whining when you South seas Poms stop carrying on about legal cricket deliveries .

His arm has come up after contact, player has ferk all control. And welsh player was high on tackle.

As before YOUR countryman didn’t allow any deliberation via the TMO for off side,
  18. Bleh

Bleh Long timer

Oddometer:
    The initial contact was forearm to chest, which is completely legal. It's not the ball carrier's fault that the tackler made a shit tackle.

As for that offside line, it appears to be drawn from the middle of the ruck. The offside line is the back of the ruck. Not sure how much that changes it, but it is a lot closer than your image.

At the end of the day, the wobblies were shit in the first half and it cost them the game. And when I say wobblies, it was mostly Foley and Genia that were shit. It's no coincidence that the game looked completely different once Foley got yanked.
    slowbike smallpenis likes this.
  19. slowbike smallpenis

Oddometer:
    1. James Slipper (93 Tests)
    2. Folau Fainga’a (11 Tests)
    3. Allan Alaalatoa (35 Tests)
    4. Rob Simmons (98 Tests)
    5. Adam Coleman (36 Tests)
    6. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto (18 Tests)
    7. Michael Hooper (c) (97 Tests)
    8. Jack Dempsey (12 Tests)
    9. Nic White (28 Tests)
    10. Christian Lealiifano (23 Tests)
    11. Jordan Petaia (debut)
    12. Matt To’omua (49 Tests)
    13. Tevita Kuridrani (60 Tests)
    14. Dane Haylett-Petty (35 Tests)
    15. Kurtley Beale (89 Tests)

Mr Run A Muck Loto will do some damage , Hooper has become very predictable- with Foleys poor form we are near the base of the barrel - White gets another shot
  20. slowbike smallpenis

Oddometer:
    Obviously Yellow Carding doesn’t apply to All Black full backs. Deliberate play on Canuck player Barrett obviously sacrosanct