1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Rukka dealers in Canada

Discussion in 'Canada' started by charliefirpo, Sep 18, 2020.

1. charliefirpo

charliefirpo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is there any way to get Rukka gear in Canada?
    I'm in Vancouver and there seems to be no way to get Rukka locally or even internationally when ordering from the US. It seems Revzilla isn't allowed to ship to Canada for whatever reason. And Rukka itself on their website has no dealers listed in all of Canada. Ordering from Europe ends up costing a whopping 30% extra import fees and that doesn't even include shipping.

So how do I get Rukka pants (Rukka Armarone Pants) here in Vancouver? Are there any US sellers that ship them. Cycle gear seems to ship them but they don't have my size.

I need European cut pants because I'm skinny and tall. All American brands are huge in the waist when they are tall enough for my 6'4.
    Candubrain likes this.
  2. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Klim pants come in tall sizes, btw.

I bought my rukka from the states, and from fcmoto in Germany. Only paid hst and shipping.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  3. charliefirpo

charliefirpo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks I'd need 30 tall from klim but the only start tall at 32 I think. I should ask klim.
    I thought I'd have to pay duty from FC moto. What I don't like about them is that they charge a 10% restock fee. That's a lot fora 900 dollar rukka
    pant.
  4. HarveyM

HarveyM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No personal experience but:
    There's a distributor close to Montreal; but it's not clear if he's in full operation -
    Rukka Sales Agent CA
    Grassetti Distributions Inc.
    85 Richard St.
    L’Ile Bizard, Quebec
    H9E 1E6 (Canada Postal Code)

Office # 514-693-0711
    Fax # 514-693-1169
    Cell# 514-944-9230
    E-mail mike(at)grassettidistributions.com

And reportedly there's this guy, who's in the Windsor/Detroit area -
    https://www.trophycycleapparel.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=106_114
  5. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    That guy in Montreal has been listed for a long time, but I've never heard of anyone getting anything through him.
  6. kirbybikes

kirbybikes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  7. rickh123

rickh123 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Definitely there are some distributors in Quebec but I would first checked Klim again. Seems to me that latest models pants are more like tall in previous generations.
  8. Candubrain

Candubrain Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Klim doesn’t offer tall jackets in motorcycle gear.

I’ve contacted that company in Montreal twice for a quote on Ruka gear. Each time they said they will get back to me and never did.

I’m 6’5” 200lbs and wear size 106 in jacket and pants from BMW. lots of BMW dealers so you can try the fit.

BMW gear has that slim European fit you’re looking for. 2 year warranty as well

brian
  9. Vikingtazz

Vikingtazz Will ride for food.

Oddometer:
  10. LosTabarnacos

LosTabarnacos Adventurer

Oddometer:
  11. BritGuy

BritGuy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I purchased a Pit Bull stand and some Daytona boots from Riders Choice last April. They where generally good to deal with, but the Pit Bull stand was delayed as it wasn’t actually in stock and this was not clear on the website. I would order again from them if they had what I needed, but would check to see if they actually have the stock on hand before confirming the order.
    Vikingtazz likes this.
  12. Mr. Canoehead

Mr. Canoehead Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer:
    Calgary, dreaming of riding the Alps, again
    I spoke to the guy in QC a couple of years ago about some Rukka gloves. He didn't know much about Rukka. Said his son signed them up as a distributor. He indicated that they don't sell direct.

Revzilla is not allowed to sell Rukka (or Shoei, Sidi, etc.) to Canada. You can buy Rukka from a number of Euro sellers - look on ebay.ca.

I have a Rukka Armas suit that I leave in Europe. It's bombproof but very hot, not sure if the newer stuff vents better.
  13. bmwnewbie1

bmwnewbie1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have bought RUKKA Gear off of eBay through motocentral-usa. Just recently prirchased the RUKKA Down X Trouser, received in Calgary via Air Fed Ex with in three days. They paid the freigst and were a lot less expensive than similar RUKKA Gear on eBay.

bmwnewbie
    Candubrain likes this.
  14. Sewerat

Sewerat Cert. bike whore

Oddometer:
    I have bought a few rukka suits in the past from Mike at Trophy. I also have not spoke with him in several years so I have no idea if he is still in business? I know he used to have most of his gear in Detroit but lived in Leamington at the time I was buying from him.
  15. gt750

gt750 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Another idea could be to look at Aerostitch. They will custom make you a pair of pants, or whatever you desire. Is also top quality gear.
    Cal likes this.