Running the TAT in a 4X4?

Discussion in 'Americas' started by x32792, Oct 23, 2008.

1. intothenew

intothenew Briar Patch Navigator

Oddometer:
    Do we get a real time ride report?
  2. MsSuzi

MsSuzi n00b

Oddometer:
    I am packing a butt-load of tech, so depending on availability of wifi, the answer is a qualified "yes."

Responding on Ms Suzi's computer as mine is already in the Jeep.

Want a good laugh? Read her profile. Clearly there must be another man in her life.

John
  3. DCZ

DCZ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can't wait to see some Moab red dirt on that TJ

Rick
  4. werewasi

werewasi Guest

profile talks about 'enabling" - sounds very crptyc.
    Also "coddling". Webster dict. defines this as 'treat as invalid, keep from cold and exertion'
    If it's not you she thinks she's looking after, then where's this other man?

Are you going to have jeepcam (inward facing) so we can tune in to this soapie?
  5. x32792

x32792 Cracker American

Oddometer:
    "If it's not you she thinks she's looking after, then where's this other man?"

You know, this is same thought I had.

John

PS

Hope to see you in Greenriver.
  6. x32792

x32792 Cracker American

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Zero-zero-zero.

The TAT trailhead is just 800 miles up the road, so let's roll. And if anyone knows how to turn off the "offers" to Olive Garden and such which appear when I heat up my Garmin, please drop me a line.

[​IMG]

As we leave town and head north, we are reminded part of the joy in living in the greater Orlando area is the eternal road construction... Orlando, the home of Mickey Mouse, Sponge Bob, 120 local golf courses, dozens of water slides, more shopping malls than you ever wanted to see is the #1 destination of millions of foreign tourists each year.

[​IMG]

Just a little further north and east of Clermont, we pass thru the majestic Florida Alps.

[​IMG]

Leaving the SunShine State and entering Georgia.

[​IMG]

Georgia.

[​IMG]

More Georgia.

We turned NNE at Macon, GA and are now checked into a motel in Milledgeville, GA. The rain is just now stopping and the sun is peeking thru the clouds.

When we reach Athens, GA tomorrow, the Antebellum Trail ends and we must decide to take the super slab or the windy, two lane mountain route?

I'm thinking two lanes thru the mountains.
  7. AugustFalcon

AugustFalcon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Other than ripping it out of its mount and throwing it out the window I don't think you can turn off those advertisements. Its the price you pay for the ability to have traffic or one of the other "free" services I think.

Or maybe just a letter to Olive Garden and the other companies which have those popups telling them how intrusive they are and that you will not patronize them again until they remove the advertisements.
  8. x32792

x32792 Cracker American

Oddometer:
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UiELoBuHcYA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UiELoBuHcYA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

To keep this in prospective, ten people died yesterday as a result of tornados on the other end of the storm which merely inconvenienced us in Georgia. Our thoughts are with their loved ones, friends and families.
  9. werewasi

werewasi Guest

John,
    See you're starting at Jellico so are you stopping there for the night.
    The D I motel doesn't sound like a very good place to stay. Just sayin.
  10. x32792

x32792 Cracker American

Oddometer:
    David,

Now in Fletcher (about 12 mile from Asheville, NC) Police everywhere due to Obama being in town yesterday or today?

The very nice owner of the motel we are staying in tonight, Econlodge, is a Mr Pinakin Patel. He advises me to stay with his cousin, Jinesh Patel, at the American Best Value in Jellico.

I mentioned to the Mr Patel here in Fletcher I had stayed in a motel in AZ some years ago and oddly enough the owner there was also named Mr Patel. Big family, common name or both.

John

Ride Report to follow later tonight.
  11. Abenteuerfahrer

Abenteuerfahrer Deaf on Wheels

Oddometer:

Hi John....

Since this is beginning to become a ride report and already is...IT would be better served that you report it in the actual RIDE REPORT forum.. of this ADV site. This way it is better served and attended by general viewers.

See JohnTm's Sticky: http://advrider.com/forums/announcement.php?f=57

Cheers :clap
  12. x32792

x32792 Cracker American

Oddometer:
    You are absolutely correct....My bad.

Running the TAT in a 4x4 has been moved to

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573095

For those "old" readers following this report, bookmark the new location and subscribe to the "new" thread.

John
  13. prsdrat

prsdrat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Log me as in! Adventure riding/wheeling, whatever. If Hayduke could do it
    in a CJ, then why not?
  14. intothenew

intothenew Briar Patch Navigator

Oddometer:
    It would be my guess that it ends up in inmates, but I'm in wherever it lands.