Rural adventures on CRF250L

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Deiotarus, Apr 12, 2017.

1. BMWs2Dave

BMWs2Dave Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. Deiotarus

Deiotarus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rural adventure #12

"Where the waters twist their channel..."

[​IMG]

Saturday, March 3, 2018. A new rural adventure in the form of an approach to the pathway of the Tajo-Segura waterway. It should be noted that this is a small portion of the kilometric transfer, which has its source in the swamp Bolarque (Guadalajara), and runs through hundreds of kilometers to the basin of the Segura River.

It is a path that I discovered more than four years ago when I made my first dabbles in the trail world with the Keeway TX125S. I tried to reach the foothills of the Las Ventanas Rambla without stepping on national roads or highways. As much as possible, I also tried not to cross populations. The result of these limitations was a conglomerate of quaternary roads without denomination, tracks, roads and tracks of diverse condition, with endless crossings and detours. Even with a GPS navigator it was difficult to guess, especially when you go in automatic mode. I chose to trace the route directly and facilitate the GPS to show me what I had previously recorded in the form of a trace. With the innumerable times I went through these places, I no longer need GPS and I only eat a GPS computer that measures various parameters, as an on-board computer.

Finally, I arrived at a kind of "park" where I parked the motorcycle, rested, made a few photos and videos and toured a portion of the track, including two aqueducts that cross the ravines of the area. A prelude to the spring, with about 23 º accompanied me throughout the journey in which I recalled the first mountain outlets with the TX.

MadRider777 and superfunkomatic like this.
  3. Deiotarus

Deiotarus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rural adventure #16

"Where bandits lived 2.0..."

[​IMG]

Saturday, June 16, 2018. "Where bandits lived 2.0". Since I crossed the Sierra de la Pila, last November of 2017, I still had to explore the gigantic rock under which the cave of Excomunion is hidden. In that journey I wanted to cover too many objectives, and together with the many kilometers of forest track, I was joined by the exploration of the peak of La Pila, the Cenajos peak and the rock itself. That moment has arrived today, taking advantage of the fact that it is still not too hot, the tracks are not too dusty and there is not a high risk of fires after the recent spring rains.

The first time I approached this place I did it in the XJ6. On that occasion, between that it was a road bike and the forest track was muddied by the recent rains, I parked the motorcycle at the beginning of the track and made the route walking. Today, I faced the track that crosses the Sierra Murcia from its north face, heading south, passing by the fork of the same, one of whose branches goes directly to the base of the rock, at the entrance of the cave . In this new rural adventure, I followed a smooth but continuous ascent that passes next to the point I wanted to see. I did not have the GPS active since I had memorized the route of the previous occasion, although in these cases it is not necessary to trust, since it is very easy to pass without realizing it. The sight of two picturesque pines: that of the trifurcated trunk, and that of the fork, made me see that I had reached my goal. Once the motorcycle was parked, it was time to make a goat walking among rocks, grass, trunks, going up and down until reaching the edge of the abyss that forms the tremendous accumulation of rock under which the cave is located.

From the edge of it you have impressive views of the fertile valley that form the mountains of El Carche and La Pila, as well as the environment, in the form of peaks, ravines, tracks, plains and open space feeling. A whole cluster of sensations that, together with the wind, smells and noises, that are only heard in the middle of nature, make you feel alive. All this, along with the fact of riding a motorcycle, make you see that there are things that are worth living for. Someday I would like to travel this mountain in its entirety in an e-mtb or electric motorcycle, without noise and with a helmet that allows me to appreciate all the sounds, in addition to the rest of the sensations that only have on two wheels.

MadRider777 and td63 like this.
  4. Deiotarus

Deiotarus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rural adventure #21

"Where El Agudo rests..."

[​IMG]

Saturday, August 18, 2018. In today's rural adventure, I have approached with the CRF250L to the hill of El Agudo, 731 m.s.n.m. in the Sierra de Crevillente. It is the third part of a series of bike-trekking routes that I started in August of last year with the route "Camino de la cantera", in which I tried to cross in a westerly direction from the port of Hondón de Los Frailes to the highway from the quarry.

After the discovery of this mountain range and its multitude of roads, tracks, paths and asphalt roadways with the TX125S, there have been countless times that I have approached these places to enjoy their surroundings. I had been wanting to walk many of the paths and paths on which the bike was not possible to go. So I started with the first part of this series. The second part was made in April of the same year, "Where the furtive are warned", in which he intended to reach the top of the Rambla de Las Ventanas. There I noticed the hill of El Agudo, and I marked it as the next target. This objective has arrived today.

Looking at maps I discovered that a narrow asphalt road came almost to the point where I stayed on this second route on foot, a salt water pipe with a thick industrial clamp on which I put the DMT mark as a sign of how far I had come. From here, it became a path that opened in three directions, marking the one on the right as the route to follow. Initially I thought about doing it on foot, but as the road was reasonably good, I continued with the CRF thinking that I could reach the same hill with it. In fact, it would have been possible had it not been because at one point it was cut by a chain when passing vehicles. The issue is that it is a bounded area for hunting and we already know what that means, restrictions, warnings and prohibitions for anyone who is not subscribed to that preserve.

So, I arrived with the CRF to the house enabled as a shepherd's fold and parked the bike in the vicinity, doing the rest of the route on foot. They were about 2.5 km on the way and others back, but it was worth it. After several panoramic views, in the distance, of the hill of El Agudo and its peculiar pointed shape, when arriving at its base what is appreciated is an immense rock formation of rather domed shape, together with a vast vision of the fertile plain of Alicante and the saws and surrounding places. I had a peculiar view of the quarry of the Rambla de las Ventanas, as well as another abandoned quarry and a ruinous construction on the crest of another peak. A beautiful, impressive and little seen route in which I enjoyed, once again, these places.

Note that, already on the way back with the CRF, I found another "biker" with an enduro motorcycle in the opposite direction, making his own particular championship, at a speed inappropriate to the environment. No wonder that these attitudes prohibit road traffic

td63 likes this.
  5. Deiotarus

Deiotarus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rural adventure #28

"Where La Madama rests..."

[​IMG]

Monday, January 7, 2019. "Where La Madama rests", the peak that gives its name to the highest peak of the Sierra de El Carche (Jumilla, Murcia, Spain), 1,371 m.s.n.m. That has been the destination of today with the CRF250L, the mother of all rural adventures.

I had wanted to do this rural route for some time. From the already distant December 21, 2015 in which I climbed for the first time, and only once, to the top of El Carche, where the peak of "La Madama" is located, I had not returned to this Sierra Murcia. Sometimes because of lack of time, others because the tracks are presumably muddy, sometimes because of unpleasant weather, the necessary planetary alignment had not arrived until today. The figures speak for themselves: 240 km of total route, of them, about 35 km of forest tracks, and almost 1,400 meters of accumulated altitude, the highest figures made in a rural adventure with the CRF. In total distance, I have still traveled more distance with the Keeway TX125S, as well as with this bike I climbed to the aforementioned level, but I had never done so many kilometers of forest track in a row, not even in the Sierra de La Pila crossing.

The outward journey I did on the usual secondary roads. Actually, the starting point was the "Viña P" sale, in which begins a track in gentle ascent that leads to the actual entrance of the El Carche Regional Park. From here, I took the track on the left that goes to the top. It is a forest track with abundant loose stones, torrential streams more disturbing than the last time I saw it, and a general condition more deteriorated, which made it certainly dangerous to the continuous skids and jumps of the motorcycle, even though the CRF was He behaved magnificently and avoided all obstacles without more than a slight slight fright.

After about 15 km of ascent, smooth but continued, I arrived at "La Madama". I was surprised by the pleasant temperature at its top, around 11-13 degrees, and without wind, especially when on the way out, early in the morning, the GPS-computer thermometer had oscillated between 0 and 3 degrees. I explored the elevation, made a few photos and video and prepared to resume the journey of the mountain crossing.

The next target was a few kilometers below, at the second crossroads. I took the one that went to the left in a northerly direction, towards the Albergue. At the beginning, this track was also full of gravel and stone which presaged a disturbing journey. However, soon after it improved and became compacted earth with much less accumulation of stones. I arrived at the hostel where I made another stop, video and some photos. From here, I continued my journey along the forest track in the direction of the road.

This last section of track was in a much better condition than the others, which allowed me to finish the journey without scares or setbacks. In spite of everything, just the last final meters before leaving to the quaternary highway, yes that they were full of songs and loose stone, but they did not suppose more obstacle for the CRF that the already traveled. That's how I arrived at the longed-for road and finished the rural adventure of today, only the return was left.

MadRider777, Unclescar and td63 like this.
  6. td63

td63 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice break from our cold winter weather. We've travelled around a fair bit of Spain -- but not this region -- and your approach to riding matches mine, here at home, so I really enjoyed these.
  7. Deiotarus

Deiotarus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks td63. That's what it's about, to enjoy and share what we like. Greetings from Alicante (Spain)