1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines this year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Rural adventures on Street Scrambler

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Deiotarus, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Deiotarus

Deiotarus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nothing is final in the world of motorcycles, as every biker knows, and after 14 months with the SH300 and 5,400 km, the feeling I had is that I was missing "something". The excellent Japanese scooter worked so well, it was so decisive, so practical, it made everything so easy ... it was boring.

Based on the fact that I have always preferred a light and manageable motorcycle, even at the cost of performance, I have had no choice but to go back to the origins, to motorcycles, let's say, if not light in weight, yes at least in size and contained seat height. In this search I landed on the scrambler concept, a kind of hybrid between a naked bike and a trail bike.

This is when I defined my search and there were two candidates left: the Ducati Scrambler, and the Triumph Street Scrambler. Finally, the English won as the roots of the inventor of the scrambler concept had its influence. Also, although this is already subjective, I perceived it as much more attractive, better finished and equipped than its Italian rival.

So, after the series of rural adventures on a CRF250L, and on a Rieju Bye Bike moped (which I keep) a new series begins on board the Triumph Street Scrambler 900...

[​IMG]

Wednesday, December 9, 2020. The first rural adventure recorded with the Street Scrambler has passed through the paragliding launch point of "El Palomaret", located at about 860 m.s.n.m. in the Sierra del Maigmó (Alicante, Spain), and continuing along the "El Monnegre" road, which runs through some places where the river of the same name passes. A sunny day, but cold and very windy, they accompanied me all the way.

"El Palomaret y Monnegre" (Alicante, Spain)

qgeck and dlock5 like this.
  2. Deiotarus

Deiotarus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    "The lost road"

[​IMG]

Saturday, March 6, 2021. Perimeter, local, district confinements, masks, curfews, rights restrictions for COVID19... All this, along with the fear, and the way of thinking, that the politicians want to inoculate us, have motivated that he decided to look for the loneliest and most remote roads from civilization possible. These types of measures have caused people who never used to go out to the mountains, roads or picturesque places, now to do it as if there were no tomorrow. Motorists, cyclists, walkers, cars or caravans walking and rolling through places where I had never seen such accumulation, massifying what was once a true mental relief, with that feeling of loneliness and symbiosis with nature, which only gives you being alone. in lonely places.

Thus, there was no other option but to give one more twist to the possible routes that he could take with the motorcycle, and search for places where there was the least possible accumulation of human life. In a way, I found it, and there I headed with the Scrambler to try to free myself from all this mental torment that invades us.

It is the third time in a row that I do this route, although the last was on January 23, given the recent local confinement suffered. I repeated the detour to Úbeda after passing Salinas, recording the road track with the new Drift. I do not know why, the recording was a fiasco, repeating the error of the previous camera of the brand that I bought, and that I had to return. The image was frozen and only the audio was heard. At home, I tried it and it did record well. It seems that as I press the switch it goes into dash-cam mode or something like that and the recording is screwed up. The route was good, very enjoyable with the Scrambler, with a pleasant temperature, although quite cloudy, without incident. I made another video, of the Scrambler accessories, with the Sony, but being pissed off by the new Drift bug, I deleted everything. Total for what? Of course, I took some beautiful photos of the new accessories installed, in an apparently lonely place, from which I cannot explain how, while I was already standing, three cyclists and two walkers emerged.

P.S. Finally, a week later, I managed to record another section of the "lost road", with the Drift camera, although it has continued to give me problems, so I will replace it soon.

"The Lost Road" (Alicante, Spain)

qgeck and dlock5 like this.
  3. Deiotarus

Deiotarus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    "The old salt factory of Salinas"

[​IMG]

Saturday, May 8, 2021. In today's rural adventures, I have approached with the Scrambler the old salt factory located on the edge of the Laguna de Salinas (Alicante, Spain). It is a question of ruins of what, at the time, was a factory that employed about 80 people. Salt was obtained by evaporation, more or less around the month of July, in which a large part of the lagoon evaporated and left a crust of salt on the surface, which was extracted by the workers and transported in wagons. The factory was really operational from the 1940s to the early 1960s, when the exhaustion of the springs did not make its exploitation viable, and the society that extracted it was dissolved.

The idea was to approach the Scrambler along the paved road that surrounds the lagoon and reach the same ruins through a final final path. It was difficult for me to find the access, since it is not indicated, it is very narrow and easy to pass without even noticing that you can get there. I managed to find it, and when I reached the final trail, I got off and inspected it. The truth is that it was in pretty good condition and I got into the English almost to the factory itself, where the narrowness of the road invited me to park the bike a little earlier and end up arriving on foot.

A beautiful spring day with temperatures according to the time of year and mostly sunny. A delight for the senses and a full enjoyment of machine and nature.

"The old salt factory of Salinas" (Salinas, Alicante, Spain)

qgeck, dlock5, Nicknewb and 1 other person like this.