Rural Road Rambling (Southwest Ontario)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by B10Dave, Jul 26, 2020.

1. B10Dave

B10Dave Long timer

Oddometer:
    I left Otterville heading west and went through Springford. At Ostrander, I checked thoroughly for trains before crossing the track. OSR only runs three trains a week to Tillsonburg so there wasn't much chance of encountering one.

trip22 060.jpg

trip22 061.jpg

trip22 062.jpg

trip22 063.jpg

I continued west til I reached my road where I turned south and continued to home.

trip22 064.jpg

trip22 065.jpg

I still didn't quite eliminate the centre tread line but I guess it's time to change the tire anyways. All in all a very nice 240 mile (400km.) day with bikes, friends food etc. More to come as I continue this riding season.

trip22 066.jpg
  2. Chillis

Chillis Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Are you replacing with the same tire(s)?

Love the pics. Reminds me of when I was in upstate NY and riding through back roads of the New England states.

No rush. Great scenery. Historical properties.

Your pics, everything looks so well taken care of.
    black 8 likes this.
  3. eaglescan

eaglescan Borrego rocks Supporter

Oddometer:
    great report, thanks for putting in the time to do it. My first motorcycle was a 1953 BSA 250, in 1964. Not the best electrics and always fouling the plug. I had no clue on the basics then, so when it would not start, we pushed it about a mile the guy I bought from, he would pull the plug and clean or change and away we went until next time.
    I also remember a jerky clutch, solved that by filling primary case with oil, not the proper fix of course! cheers, Steve in the west.
    black 8, B10Dave and Chillis like this.
  4. B10Dave

B10Dave Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bryan; I am putting on a Conti Go Continental tire. The matching front is available when I need it next spring. Have had good service from Continental tires on my BMW's and like the way they handle wet or dry.
    black 8 and Chillis like this.
  5. B10Dave

B10Dave Long timer

Oddometer:
    eaglescan; thanks for dropping in. Son and daughter in law are in North Van, sister in law in Port Coquitlam; nephew and his wife in Harrison Hot Springs. Try to get out your way as often as I can. Not this year though.
    eaglescan and Chillis like this.
  6. eaglescan

eaglescan Borrego rocks Supporter

Oddometer:
    I live in Langley ,right on 0 ave. There is a ditch between Canada and the US, I could jump on my motorcycle, but of course not allowed ever. Never mind now days, the border is closed and it is not good. My wife is from California and has family there, but we can't go til who knows when.
    We have been wintering in S.cal and AZ for 12 years until now.
    B10Dave, Chillis and black 8 like this.
  7. black 8

black 8 motographer

Oddometer:

Couldn't have said it any better...

BTW, another great installment Dave... I long for greener pastures like what you have instead of this dry semi-arid crap in SoCal, makes for good riding through the desert but a change of scenery would be nice specially with the pandemic...

:beer
    B10Dave, eaglescan and Chillis like this.
  8. B10Dave

B10Dave Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rudy; hope you are well away from the fires and smoke. Cali sure don't look like a good place to be right now. Hope you folks get some rain soon.
    Chillis likes this.