Russell Saddle

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Killen, Dec 20, 2001.

1. Killen

Killen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm a week away from sending my stock saddle in for a Russell Day-Long.

Do any of you have experience with Russell Saddles that would come in handy for me? (recommendations, fabric, patterns, special requests?)

Thanks

Killen
    Blue and White GS
  2. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    don't get a blue and white one.
  3. Killen

Killen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Black is beautiful.
  4. moon

moon Space Cowboy

Oddometer:
    Leather is slippery if you wear a cordora riding suit.
  5. Killen

Killen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Moon thanks for the tip. Some of my fellow Minnesota BMW riders just confirmed we are planning to attend the Colorado Rally around the 20th of July. We understand it's a great ride, lots of mountain passes daily. Is this something you have done before?

Killen
  6. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    That's true, but can be mitigated by using a tacky leather conditioner...especially one with beeswax in it. However, I think all of the Russell covers are more slippery than the stock cover.

I love the Russell on my GS. I only wish the Russell for my RT was built with a similar design in mind. For some reason, Russell seems to think that RT riders are all short kick-back riders...so it's too low and tilts backwards. Unless someone wants to pay me what I paid for it, it's sitting in a box waiting for me to make a ride-in appt and have them redo it for a more forward slant. No such problem with the GS seat.
  7. moon

moon Space Cowboy

Oddometer:
    If you're talking about the Top of the Rockies, Paonia rally -- yes I've been there a number of times over the years. It's a very nice destination. Quaint little town in the middle of paradise. A must see and a good day ride would be the Black Canyon to the south.
  8. Marc

Marc Just sayin...

Oddometer:
    My saddle is still there. It's production date was set for the first week in November. Called 'em and they're having trouble finding and keeping quality workers. Anywas, be prepared to wait a month or so beyond your production date. With regards to material: leather for me. Pattern I chose: rectangular shapes - I think the diamond thing looks a bit strange. Get their rain cover.

Marc