Ruta Del Cakebaker or.....

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Motor 1, Jan 8, 2011.

1. shortcutsmc

shortcutsmc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Boy a lot of those faces look familiar and so do the places. I remember getting Juanita to do some laundry and while I didn't specify "don't iron shorts and socks" even my maid don't do that Juanita did and when I got home with scorched shorts there was a couple of questions but no big deal." like you said it is a beautiful country with a lot of great people. Great report.
    Mike
  2. Motor 1

Motor 1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Mike.....I've been traveling. I'm in the cabin in TN:clap Didn't see this 'til just now. :norton Take care, Rick
  3. cleandirt

cleandirt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Enjoyed your ride report Rick. Glad I got to meet you in Arkansas this past weekend. -Fletcher
  4. Motor 1

Motor 1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Fletcher........good to hear from you. Wish I could've gotten a chance to ride w/you guys a bit. Take care :D
  5. Chabochi

Chabochi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice ride report, havent been down there in a couple of years but makes me want to go back.
  6. Powershouse

Powershouse Flower Sniffer Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's a styling ride!

<table style="width:auto;"><tbody><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From Tu Dale Caborones</td></tr></tbody></table>

There is a new route to Bato now from Urique, so you have to go back and explore that one also!
  7. Motor 1

Motor 1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :rofl U guys look like ur having fun! I have taken a back/not very traveled route from Bat to Urique but have heard there are other ways to do it. Thanks
  8. chabon

chabon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great report. Will be taking my second trip with Burt and Mike to Copper Canyon in March. This report got my 'juices' flowing for more Mexico.....
  9. CeeBee

CeeBee The Cake Baker

Oddometer:
    Brought the old "back way" back to life. Tell Burt I'll E-mail the route in the next couple of days. Brings back good memories!

Have fun:freaky
  10. Motor 1

Motor 1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :D Hey.....come ride over & visit me. They do speak spanish here! :norton
  11. Blairtx

Blairtx n00b

Oddometer:
    Rick,
    I stumbled across this, and just wanted to say thank you, for all the time to took to post the pictures and write the report. With Chuck gone, this is very precious to me now.
    Tawnya
    SkizzMan likes this.
  12. Pete Pilot

Pete Pilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As I read this, I wondered a few times if all 3 riders where still with us. Sad to read the last post and that Chuck is not. I have done 5 moto trips to Mexico. Two of which where Baja. Twice into BATO which is my favourite town anywhere, period. My wife retires next May and in November we will start spending what I hope will be many winters with our weee toy wagon parked on Bajas wonderful beaches and riding and exploring Baja. Enjoyed your report and the memories that came with it. My drive to Mexico much longer than yours. But worth the effort for such a beautiful country and its tremendous people. If you roll to my corner, look me up. Merlin
  13. RedDogAlberta

RedDogAlberta High Plains Drifter

Oddometer:
    Great stuff! Thanks.