1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

S3 Levers, or...?

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Thmp Thmp, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Thmp Thmp

Thmp Thmp Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am in the market for some new levers and adjusters for my Beta EVO 125 (not factory).
    I have heard good things about the S3 Digit levers. https://shop-s3.com/gb/33-levers
    The only source I am finding in the USA is RYP.
    Unfortunately they want $24 to ship them California.
    Does anyone know of a better source with hopefully a little cheaper shipping.
    I am also open to other lever options.
    I am new to trials and value opinions and suggestions.
    Thanks for your time.
  2. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
  3. Thmp Thmp

Thmp Thmp Adventurer

Oddometer:
  4. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, my son and I have used the digit levers for years. Way better control (Feel) than most others. My son has actually ridden trials for twenty years now and he is 22. :lol2 More like a life time for me!
    Norman Foley likes this.
  5. Thmp Thmp

Thmp Thmp Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That is awesome that your son has been riding for 20 years.
    I am going to go with the Splat Shop. Unfortunatly I don't see the S3 lever adjusters on the site, only CSP and Jitsie. Strange.
  6. y4m4

y4m4 Calvin

Oddometer:
    The threads should be the same. You just pay more the the S3 logo vs CSP. I have a bunch of CSP items from Splat Shop and they're all quite nice.

While you're on the splat shop page, you should throw a couple of their el cheapo levers in your basket. A $7 lever is a good way to make friends at a meet! Besides, the exchange rate is quite favorable at the moment.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  7. Thmp Thmp

Thmp Thmp Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great info and great idea. I do have a couple CSP parts on the bike already so why not keep the trend going.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  8. riabma77

riabma77 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When I bought my bike, it had installed this reversible levers:

untitled.png

I drop my bike a lot, and they seem to be almost indestructible. I believe the brand is Zeta.
    unospeeder likes this.
  9. Zuendapp

Zuendapp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am not sure why shipping is high from RYP??
    Go to the RYP dealer list and find someone close that stocks S3, shipping should be approx. $8 plus or minus.
  10. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    That' s the first thing Garrett did when he bought his Beta. He threw those crappy heavy levers in the trash can. Take a look at the top riders. Nobody on a trials bike uses them. Just like bark busters.
  11. Thmp Thmp

Thmp Thmp Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That is a good idea. I already placed an order with Splat Shop but I will definitely be looking into the RYP dealer option next time. Thanks for the suggestion.
  12. riabma77

Oddometer:
    I'm not a top rider. Those 'crappy heavy levers' saved me several times from replacing the rigid ones.

I have the OEMs in my toolbox, and maybe one day I will use them. Right now, they're working fine.
    Buschog and unospeeder like this.
  13. unospeeder

unospeeder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Those are Zeta and I agree with you. I throw my bike to the ground regularly and got tired of replacing or heating and bending levers back into shape. Now I just pick up my bike and look at the dents in the header pipe or the smashed spark arrestor but I don't worry about the levers.
    riabma77 likes this.
  14. Ymirtrials

Ymirtrials Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, what he said. :augie
  15. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    All you guys buying that junk just need to learn how to install your levers and perches so they move when you fall down. I cannot remember the last time I have bent or broke a lever, but you need to plan and carry a spare.
    Huzband, riabma77 and Norman Foley like this.
  16. jonnyc21

jonnyc21 Trials Ninja

Oddometer:
    Run what you like and what you have had good experience with is my vote. If they are happy with the folding levers that is great, haven't tried them so can't speak to how well they work. On the other side I use some plumbers tape on the bar and set them in a bit and am fine, bent a lever or two in my day before doing that but non sense. I keep a spare in the car just in case, and this seems to work fine for me.

I think the primary thing to consider is if you are braking/bending levers to often make a change, tape and adjust position or folding levers...

Side note: If you feel you need the folding/Zata type levers but haven't tried adjusting the perch position, and maybe adding a bit of tape under them, maybe consider give it a go? :dunno

In the end what ever floats your boat! :thumb
  17. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    This was a thread about S3 levers and options of purchase, not you should by this because my dealer talked me into it.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  18. Norman Foley

Norman Foley Devotee of the Husqvarna Supporter

Oddometer:
    Read the thread title again Bob..... :y0!
    jonnyc21 likes this.
  19. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is as bad for a rider as the newbies trying to get other riders to buy cheap tire brands to save dollars. And Norman you need some Shinko`s. Yes I can read, but spending more dollars for an inferior product for a specific use is just silly, to be nice about it.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  20. riabma77

Oddometer:
    I checked the Zeta's price and they aren't cheap. If the break, not sure if I will replace them, or go with the OEMs. In the opposite way I'd have a reference, so it's hard to say.

I already have a snug fit in my levers, and they move when the bike falls. Probably they're going to last a long time!
    unospeeder and jonnyc21 like this.