SA Adv Riders

Discussion in 'Australia' started by BigM, Apr 17, 2007.

1. ready2ride666

ready2ride666 freespirit

Oddometer:
    Hi guys,well id be keen to do a ride with some fellow adv riders whenever something can be organized.Today went out for a ride out at truro,plenty of dirt tracks to be discovered out there,some of it is tight and technical single track,then theres the rocks and then the faster stuff,was great to put in some decent dirt riding and brush up on some skills and see what the bike can do.So will be keen to do a longer trip sometime,like the flinders.
    Tim
    05ktm950:evil
  2. Beemerboff

Beemerboff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Aussierockgod - I am in Stirling and get the R100 GS out both days most weekends , not too early as the dog gets first bite , then a bit of housework as the missus gone to a better place - well she recons the Gold coast is better than Adelaide .

My riding is 75/25 sealed / gravel roads on road tires , and I take the gravel real easy - I am too old to enjoy bouncing into the ditch on a 250 kg bike.

If you want to catch up sometime PM me , this weekend is probably out as my brother and his family arrive from Scotland on Monday morning , and I have about a year of empties to to pick up before then, and a bit tidying up to do as well.
  3. Bicks

Bicks Bicks

Oddometer:
    Melrose pub has 4 double rooms @ $70 a night and 1 room which sleeps 4 singles. There may be more room if needed.

Morgan sounds easier? My shit memory recalls some top single tracks over morgan way which follow the main roads. Have not been over that way for a long time. If we stay at the Aerial club shed will it be tents/swags?
  4. masterbrewer

masterbrewer TDMster

Oddometer:
    :thumb

Doesn't the Melrose Caravan Pk have a bunk house only 30 metres from the other pub?

:beer
  5. sequent

sequent South Australia's own....

Oddometer:
    Hi,

Add me to the list as well. I'm in Adelaide (Semaphore) now, having been transferred from Roxby Downs in the "far north"...

Dave.
  6. AUSSIEROCKGOD

AUSSIEROCKGOD GENERAL NUT

Oddometer:

my DOMINATRIX is out of action at the moment so the old xr250r is my current steed which make following big beemers i bit trickey on the tar i will let you know when the 650 (soon to be 675) is back in action
  7. wayne640

wayne640 the twin can man

Oddometer:
    Howdy fellas Melrose sounds great.

Anyway would prefer myself to strap the tent and swag on the bike, than the cabin option...........thats why i brought the bike:ricky
  8. Beemerboff

Beemerboff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Swag and tent for me too, and Melrose in preference to Morgan .
    The way I fart no one would want to share a bunkhouse with me anyway1
  9. wayne640

Oddometer:
    Just another thought , have you guys ever been to the Shearers hut in the Sunset country ( about 40 minutes out of Loxton ) ?.

theres a old house there you can hire at very reasonable rates and has shower/toilet / kitchen sleeps about 10 and camps site that holds alot of people.With a big communal area that allows for a nice camp fire setting.

The riding is sensational and worth the ride out.

this house is easily booked and we have a mate near by that is a exceptional ride guide for the area and a member here on ADV rider.

Just a thought for those guys that would like to see a bit of the Sunset country.
  10. HumanOne

HumanOne shows Nomadic tendencies

Oddometer:
    occassionally Adelaide, South Australia :-)
    Looking forward to meeting all you fellas in due course :freaky

.....................................................................................................................

PS: Brains and Muncie had better purchase bikes now that they have been elevated to SA ADVriders list.

(Not sure a V-Rod classes as an Adventure bike Muncie - unless you're planning to fit "nobbs" and "crash bars" :evil - then that's perfectly acceptable - If not then we maybe will require your services as back-up vehicle drivers for some adventures)

......................................................................................................................

11. Bicks

Bicks Bicks

Oddometer:
    Melrose sounds like the go with accomadation to suit everyone. So far the date is either the 19th or 26th of may. Let's pick one!!!:ricky Im easy, either will be fine.

Sunset trip sounds great Wayne640. Pehaps we could plan something at the melrose pub.:freaky Have done some 4wd'n over there and had a great time and have always wanted to go back over with the bike.
  12. BigM

BigM Hello :-)

Oddometer:
    Im in the interesting scenario where i have no road legal bike, and no licence.
    Yes I am a little odd.:eek1

But I should have both shortly, but maybe not for late May.. depends on how busy with work I am.

If I do get them, im interested in going anywhere as long as someone rides with me. :cry I will grow up some day, really I will.

If you guys don't mind some 4WD's coming, I have a couple of mates that would come, and carry fuel drinks etc and drive in their own area.. Probably tow my (and anyone elses bikes up there)...?

Now where did I leave my lollipop.

Mike
  13. dogsbody

dogsbody Occasionally lucid

Oddometer:
    Lets get our collective act together here!

Destination: Melrose, to meet at the Mount Remarkable Hotel for dinner & a few ales.

When: Saturday May 19th.

Vehicle: Any but be prepared to talk BIKE! (Listening is optional)

Get Out Clause: Confirm your intentions on Thursday 17th on this thread. If it looks like it will be bucketing down, or you need to stay home to finish your crocheting, then we'll meet at a pub in Adelaide instead. ("Bucketing" as in swimming to Melrose....."mildly soggy": no problem.

Accomodation: Cabins, camping in the National Park or the Caravan Park...there's stacks of options so choose what suits you. (I'll be within staggering distance of the Pub.....)

From the posts this would appear to suit most.
    I like the Sunset National Park option too but a cosy pub is probably the best place to sort that as the next trip.

Feel free to post any other options, but I thought we'd better just get on with it!!! :freaky
  14. goldfinger

goldfinger goldfinger

Oddometer:
    Yep I'm in for this one the camping out the back of the caravan park will suit me.
  15. masterbrewer

masterbrewer TDMster

Oddometer:
    :thumb

Me too,

Last time I was in Melrose, the pub next to the caravan park had the best meals.

Looking forward to it

Cheers

16. charliew

charliew Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Right, finally registered so I can post.

Add me to the list of SA riders as well. I am also keen for the Melrose trip, will just have to negotiate with the wife.
  17. Bicks

Bicks Bicks

Oddometer:
    While you are 'negotiating' with the wife charliew, don't forget that Nothing can beat a good days ride ending in a pub session talking bikes!!!!!!!!!!!
    PS; See you there.
  18. wayne640

Oddometer:
    Im there ..............camping out the back with Goldfinger, will be good to catch up with other ADV riders:freaky

How many blokes would be leaving from Adelaide ?, if it suits all you other blokes we could all meet up some where that suits and all ride up together.
  19. darmahdave

darmahdave n00b

Oddometer:
    Anybody in the southern suburbs?
  20. goldfinger

goldfinger goldfinger

Oddometer:

I'm at Forestville I guess thats kinda south of the city.