SA Adv Riders

Discussion in 'Australia' started by BigM, Apr 17, 2007.

1. OzAdvRider

OzAdvRider EZrider

Oddometer:
    We sure did! Look forward to having a few beers with you too@ Mel or even earlier. I bet Tony will organise another Drink Adventure soon @ The Avoca. Cheers Willis :rayof

2. fethers

fethers Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Only just found this thread (but haven't been here for a while though):huh Melrose is 3/4 of an hour from me (Port Pirie) but I am on dayshift (to 7pm) on the 19th. I will try to get an early minute so I can join in.

BTW, the Stone Hut bakery is still doing a roaring trade, I'm sure you can get just about anything in a pie there.

AND, speaking about food/things unique to SA, what about pie floaters? although I have never been too keen on them, I think being pissed is a pre-requisite to actually eating one.
  3. goldfinger

goldfinger goldfinger

Oddometer:

Be good to catch up Fethers hope you can make it

Paul
  4. OzAdvRider

OzAdvRider EZrider

Oddometer:
    Hello Fethers thank you for writing. Sure would be fun to hook up with you and other ADV riders. We hope that SA ADV Riders thread will be able to get the riders togather. So far Tony, Pete, Kym and I (with by Bro too) have met up for a drink. Look forward to more members and drinks,:beer
    I hope I can make for to the ride, my bike "hopefully" can arrive in 2 weeks time and I am also trying to get my new motorcycle licence. I just migrated a few months ago from Penang, Malaysia. As for FOOD I am willing to try anything er.. Twice or more.... Keep in touch and once again thank you for writing.
    Cheers Willis:rayof

5. masterbrewer

masterbrewer TDMster

Oddometer:
    :thumb
    Warning! :ear I've jut received this important notice: :deal

"Police are warning all men who frequent clubs, parties and local pubs to be alert and stay cautious when offered a drink from any woman.
    Many females use a date rape drug on the market called "Beer."

The drug is found in liquid form and is available anywhere. It comes in bottles, cans, or from taps and in large "kegs".
    Beer is used by female sexual predators at parties and bars to persuade their male victims to go home and sleep with them.
    A woman needs only to get a guy to consume a few units of Beer and then simply ask him home for no strings attached sex.

Men are rendered helpless against this approach. After several beers, men will often succumb to the desires to sleep with horrific looking women whom they would never normally be attracted. After drinking beer, men often
    awaken with only hazy memories of exactly what happened to them the night before often with just a vague feeling that "something bad" occurred.

At other times these unfortunate men are swindled out of their life's savings in a familiar scam known as "a relationship." In extreme cases, the female may even be shrewd enough to entrap the unsuspecting male into
    a longer term form of servitude and punishment referred to as "marriage".
    Men are much more susceptible to this scam after beer is administered and sex is offered by the predatory females.

Please! Forward this warning to every male you know.
    If you fall victim to this "Beer" scam and the women administering it, there are male support groups where you can discuss the details of your shocking encounter with similarly victimized men. For the support group nearest you, just look up " Adventure Riders".

Cheers
    Kym

:beer
  6. HumanOne

HumanOne shows Nomadic tendencies

Oddometer:
    occassionally Adelaide, South Australia :-)
    :lol3 :lol3 :lol3 :lol3 :lol3 :lol3 :lol3 :freaky Very humorous masterbrewer! (I think we've all been Victims of Crime of this drug called "beer" at some point)

---------------------------------------------------------

Greetings SA AdvRiders - and especially to:

Tones "dogsbody"
    Kim "masterbrewer"
    Willis "OzAdvRider"
    Walter "TBA"
    Dirty Pierre "Preditor"

It was great to meet you guys Sunday night. Yet again, it was further confirmation, that so far, everyone I've met from Adventure Rider, along the way, have all been such like-minded individuals and we hit it off immediately.

Melrose, sounds like a great first ride out and an excellent opportunity to meet the rest of the SA devotees.

Willis... I just happen to have the day off work today, and after all the talking up of "Poh Piah's" - I'm off to hunt them down around the Central Market (hoping it's not just available Thurs-Sat :cry ). I'm generally a supporter of the Chinatown Cafe when I'm in there and I've been known to scoff down a few "roadie" pork buns from the little stall inside the entrance to the mall, but today "Poh Piah's" - here I come! :dg That website is pretty cool too Willis - I can see that gym membership becoming necessary now, otherwise you'll see me on "Australia's Biggest Loser" in 2008 :eek1

dogsbody... I know you will be "eating your heart out" at this news, being that you must return to the desert today :evil I'll post a "Poh Piah" Ride Report later today :D I'll test them for you - just to make sure they're OK!

masterbrewer... I reckon we might need to sample some of your 'unlabelled' creations in the near future :1drink

Walter... I think Willis should have that DR650 waiting for you in his shed when you return to Adelaide.

fethers... Good to see you on this thread. You may already be aware, but we have met each other years ago. We both have mutual friends. I'll PM you. Hope you can make it to Melrose.

Cheers,

Pete
  7. goldfinger

goldfinger goldfinger

Oddometer:
    Now that some of you have had a practice drink(sorry couldn't make it) thought if anyone is interested you could join me and one other on a practice ride,will be leaving Normanville bakery at 11.30am this saturday 5/05 heading back to adelaide via Deep creek,Cox scrub kuitpo forest through to Meadows can even stop at another bakery along the way .
  8. HumanOne

Oddometer:
    That's it goldfinger! Count me in!

You mentioned 'bakery' twice, drink and ride all in the one sentence. You sure know the quickest way to HumanOne's heart :raabia :lol3

I'll confirm before then, I am not sure if I will be summoned to work this weekend or not, but if not, I'll most certainly join you.

Looking forward to meeting you then.

Cheers,

Pete
  9. HumanOne

Oddometer:
    :thumb :dg Men,

just returned from bit of shopping in the 'big smoke' and found the Malacca Corner, exactly where Davo said it would be. Yes, obviously it's still there and trading under the original name. It's all Malaysian nosh and at $2.50 each (x2) you can't complain about the value. They tasted pretty good, peanuts, veg and peanut sauce inside. Served exactly how they're presented in Willis's link above. I was surprised :huh I was almost a bit suspicious, like they must have read this thread, Willis's link, seen the photo and had one waiting for me that they prepared earlier :lol3

Good cheap nosh! Gotta say though, that along the same lines as the Poh Piahs, I'm very much a fan of a good 'Cold Roll' served with the peanut, honey, soy, dipping sauce. The best place I've had the Cold Rolls so far is on Saturday mornings at the Parap Markets in Darwin. They are just banging them out frantically at a stall there all day.

Anyway, back to the SA ADV Eaters (whoops! ... Riders) thread.

Cheers,

Pete
  10. dogsbody

dogsbody Occasionally lucid

Oddometer:
    I'm quivering from malnutrition....
    God, I'm hungry.:cry
  11. nevgriff64

nevgriff64 .

Oddometer:
    I don`t think you or HumanOne will fade away too quickly Tony.. :lol3

I think all three of us could skip a few meals.. :cry
  12. OzAdvRider

OzAdvRider EZrider

Oddometer:
    Hi Kym, Tks for the HEAD's UP. Here is a probable solution. http://www.chastitybeltformen.com/

I looked it up after I saw your quote.
    It is a very serious matter, least be know there is A dangerous Falpper out there.

Have anyone heard of Blokes getting spiked drinks at a bar and end up in a bathtub filled with ice without a kidney?

Cheers Willis:rayof

13. wayne640

wayne640 the twin can man

Oddometer:
    Have fun mate, geez i wish this was Sunday.

To the other blokes on your next session of:freaky any chance of a central location so us folks up tea tree gully way, dont have to pack a cut lunch for the trip:poser
  14. wayne640

wayne640 the twin can man

Oddometer:
    Will be good to catch up again fethers, havent seen you since that NSW ride.

Hows the wounds healing ?

Also have been meaning to ask you if you have any of those fairings ready yet ?.

seeya soon wayne
  15. OzAdvRider

OzAdvRider EZrider

Oddometer:
    Hi Pete,

Yes we all hit off. The more members the better.
    I am glad the Poh Piah tradition is retained. I shall go and try one of these days and maybe we may have a Poh Piah Adventure there.

Cheers Willis

16. BigM

BigM Hello :-)

Oddometer:
    Willis, when you find the Poh Piah shop post it up, I work close to the markets.. and that food appeals to me :)

I work on the corner of Gawler Place and Flinders street, so 10min waddle and im there :)

Will be good to meet you guys when I finally get my act together, just dont bring those chastity belts.. they dont look fun (yes I looked.. curiosity killed the cat and all that ;))
  17. OzAdvRider

OzAdvRider EZrider

Oddometer:
    Hi Big M, roger that. Only Poh Piah's yes. The C belts was a preventative counter measure to Kym's APB:eek1 One cannot be to careful these days:lol3
    Catch up soon. Willis

18. fethers

fethers Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm down your way in the morning for more X-rays. Hopefully they look good enough that I don't need to keep going to the RAH for more. I've been to Adelaide more times this year than the last 3 put together!!!

The wrist and shoulder feel OK, I've only done a small exploratory ride so far and intend on testing them again before Melrose. If I'm OK I will come over with the 525 in the back and will ride from lunch-ish for a few hours and could show a few people around if wanted but I don't want to get ahead of myself yet, I'll wait on X-ray results and a test ride before organising a ride.

Will talk about the fairings later, we went cold on them.
  19. goldfinger

goldfinger goldfinger

Oddometer:

Excellent Pete,
    I am heading down to Normanville tomorrow for a few days rest so will be away from computer look for two blokes eating pies near a couple of bikes look forward to it.

Paul.
  20. masterbrewer

masterbrewer TDMster

Oddometer:
    :thumb Goldfinger

Anyone else want to ride down together? :ricky on dirt (easy) of course!

Meet say 8.30 am depart 8.45 am Hungry Jacks carpark corner South Rd & Marion Rd Darlington (easier entry from Marion Rd side)

Please indicate if we can expect you & it might be a good idea to pm first name, contact mobile No (will not be disclosed on forum) & type of bike to look out for, so I can pass it onto BigM to help with his register of SA ADV riders.

TDM Kym
    :beer