SA Adv Riders

Discussion in 'Australia' started by BigM, Apr 17, 2007.

1. masterbrewer

masterbrewer TDMster

Oddometer:
    :thumb
    Indicative route I'm taking

Darlington
    Bakers Gully
    South to Toops Hill Rd
    Badgers Rd
    Range Rd West
    Louds Hill Rd
    Myponga
    James Track
    Kemmiss Hill Rd
    Normanville
    Cappuccino & bun

:beer
    OzAdvRider likes this.
  2. BigM

BigM Hello :-)

Oddometer:
    If you guys that aren't riding and therefore wont PM Kym, do want to PM me your firstname and bike type (or just bike type) i can add it to the list at the front, that way it keeps all the 'adminsitrative stuff' outta the thread.

Im off to Hahndorf tonight for the next few days, there is about 16 of us heading down there to undertake some work. So i wont be able to update from there, but when i get back on Saturday or Sunday I will update the front page.

Mike
  3. Beemerboff

Beemerboff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not a bad route , Masterbrewer , though I prefer going up Kemmis hill rather than down. Especialy on road tyres.

However , I havent had the big GS on wet dirt yet , so I dont know how the worn out Scorpions STs will handle what will be soft going - Pardana had 160 points last week so Range Road West will be soggy to say the least,and more rain is forecast for later this week.

I have a set of Mitas E- 08 s to fit , but they are just a copy of the STs and wont be much better, except in the hip pocket , as they were less than $200- the pair incl over night delivery to Adelaide.

Sounds like you will be going through Clarendon around 9 AM , so if I am coming I will join in there, but dont wait around
  4. masterbrewer

masterbrewer TDMster

Oddometer:
    :thumb
    Hope to see you at Clarendon Beemerboff.

I'll be just takin' it easy as there is no rush.

However every individual is totally responsible for their own judgement calls.

Weather forecast looks good with only clearing showers on Friday and drying wind http://www.weatherzone.com.au/local/local.jsp?obs=94811&fcast=94808&img=radar&rad=046&pcode=5202

and the roads chosen are fairly good well graded ridge top roads.

BigM Didn't mean to steal your thunder about pm's, only trying to make loife fun.

Cheers

:beer
  5. HumanOne

HumanOne shows Nomadic tendencies

Oddometer:
    occassionally Adelaide, South Australia :-)
    I'll meet you there at 8.30am. Don't have to work, so should be a good day.

An easy route would suit me too. I'm currently without 'crash bars' until my Insurance Claim has been finalized. I'd like not to drop the bike onto the tanks until then.

So as you say, we are all Masters of our own Destinies and if I can see myself skidding down slippery hills on my side, then I may find an alternative route. :cry

Cheers until then!

Pete
  6. HumanOne

Oddometer:
    Another one of those 'gunna' dudes. That's me! :huh

Was pretty keen to ride with these guys on Saturday and to meet Charlie and the others, but unfortunately I've just phoned masterbrewer to advise that I will be 'pulling the pin' on the ride tomorrow. :cry

Having just had my 'brain fried' :kboom over the last few days with red tape, procedures,
    OH&S and work practices, etc. relating to my new job, I've also been handed a pile of new gadgetry to get familiar with over the weekend and therefore I have to 'prioritize' :puke1 my time.

"...as I'm writing this I'm trying to come to terms with the reality that I now find myself in, which is a far cry from a few months ago when I was at the height of my 8 month holiday travelling through the Kimberly on the 950? I thought it might be some time before I was exposed to and using terms like these (procedures, OH&S, prioritizing, etc.) But it's all good and now just another stage in my travels and adventures through my life"

Anyway, because I've had so much time only using the right side of my brain, I've had to jump start, kick start and warm up my left side again and give it a couple of big revs so I can blow some smoke out of it and have it idling smoothly and functioning properly again :lol3

So, I'm sorry I've missed a perfect opportunity to meet some more of you guys for now, but our time "WILL" come soon :freaky

Have a great ride anyway!

Cheers,

Pete
  7. HumanOne

Oddometer:
    A Triple P! :scratch

Professional Pin Puller

I've just found out today for sure that I will be unable to make the Melrose ride myself having just started a new job last week, I'll be away during this period.

So guys, you'll have to shed a :cry tear for me and sink a couple :freaky on my behalf. I'm fine if I get bagged in conversation that weekend (I deserve it).

Although I'm sad on missing the opportunity to finally meet and ride with many of you guys, I'm sure there'll be chances a plenty to do this in the near future. I have some flexibility to adjust my time away with work with some notice, but unfortunately my first stint is not as negotiable.

I'll be getting paid to cruise around Outback SA for now, which I can't be too unhappy about off the back of my 8 months away from the workforce touring OZ on the 950.

We'll catch up soon anyhow. Keep in touch with dogsbody in the meantime.

PS: Hope some of you guys had a great ride on Saturday meeting others at Normanville, etc?

Cheers,

Pete
  8. The Misinformant

The Misinformant What road?

Oddometer:
    I to am able to appreciate a PIE FLOATER.

Only just looked at the thread, pray tell me when, where and what is the Melrose ride.

The big Kataomer will be back on the road for the forst time in 6 months tommorow.

I'm a little bit keem for a ride now.
  9. HumanOne

Oddometer:
    G'Day Misinformant,

Welcome! For the Melrose ride you'll have to start reading from about here onwards:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222390&page=2

and take it from there. There are a few keen starters already. Wish I was one of them :cry , but maybe the guys should now start a separate fresh thread with just The Melrose Ride as the subject. This thread has been an opportunity for us to converse and get to know each other 'locally' which a few of us have done with Jack Daniels and beer and some others have already started organizing day rides, etc.

When you guys start the Melrose Ride thread be sure to post a link back in here and vice-versa!

Get on it M.I! :ricky

Cheers,

Pete
  10. BigM

Oddometer:
    Thunder still all here..I eat far too many beans to loose it that easy....

Back from Hanhdorf.. saving the world and all that.

^ Good idea Pete, think it will make things a little more managable, maybe the next group ride we split into another thread. I'm happy to shove each one in the first post as a reference.

Im also one of those 'gonna' people :( , im off to get some tests and shit done this week, so no riding until i get the results... depending on those results determines if i get a new bike or funnel my $ to the medics.

- Mike
  11. masterbrewer

masterbrewer TDMster

Oddometer:
  12. BigM

Oddometer:
    hey thats great!!!

looks like a hoot!! + ! :clap
  13. dogsbody

dogsbody Occasionally lucid

Oddometer:
    Awesome ride and great photos, MasterB! :eek1

It pains me to see them from my computer in the middle of the desert while at work 'though. :(:

Damn, I'm looking forward to the Melrose trip....

Cheers,

Tony
  14. sequent

sequent South Australia's own....

Oddometer:
    I won't be able to make the Melrose trip 'cause I've got to go to Perth for bloody work....! Oh well :cry
  15. The Misinformant

The Misinformant What road?

Oddometer:
    Put me down as a TENTative :rofl to come for a camp.

I will know more next week - I am off work that weekend but may be tied up elsewhere.

How much of the planned route is tar, gravel road, track. The beast needs new rubber next week and I am trying to figure out how knobby I will go.
  16. OzAdvRider

OzAdvRider EZrider

Oddometer:
    Hello fellow riders,

I am looking for a relaible motorcycle transport company to pick up my bike KTM640 Adventure from Gilgai 2360 NSW and deliver it to Adelaide. The current transport company I enquired with is taking so long :baldy to pick it up. Any help here would be appreciated.

Cheers Willis:rayof
  17. kipo

kipo South Australian Tiger Resistance Group

Oddometer:
    I just got an old bike (Yam 360) from a place called Blacksoil between Bris and Toowomba to Adelaide. Bike transporters quoted between $470 and $1000. Wayneker put me onto Klose Removal, 96 Stanbel Rd Sailsbury Plain Ph 82811977 who did it as a back load for $220. They might be worth a try.

Cheers Kipo
  18. fethers

fethers Adventurer

Oddometer:
  19. OzAdvRider

OzAdvRider EZrider

Oddometer:
    Hi Kipo that is super lead & price. Thank you I will call them.

Cheers Willis

20. Jedi

Jedi The bikeless wonder

Oddometer:
    Can you add me to the list? I'll be getting into this biking thing next year.