SA Adv Riders

Discussion in 'Australia' started by BigM, Apr 17, 2007.

1. JUMMA

JUMMA Adventurer

Oddometer:
    hi to all SA adv riders, just bought myself a 06 ktm625 and will be looking for a few rides in the future, i wont be doing any long rides until i can afford a larger tank for her as the missus is not happy that i kind of blew the budget on buying this beast ,so any extras will have to wait a while until im back in the good books and i save some money for some bling.

looks like the melrose ride is panning out to be a good oportunity for the SA guys to meet up and hit the trails but i was curious as to how many of you guys are more of the (how do you say) trail/track orrientated riders as oposed to the more dirt road/bitumen rider.

i realise this is an adventure riders forum which means usually plenty of tar to get there but who likes to get onto the real trails and do some exploring when you make it to your destination?
  2. OzAdvRider

OzAdvRider EZrider

Oddometer:
    Hi Jumma,

Welcome! I have yet to recieve my bike. hope it will be before 19th May.

Cheers Willis:rayof

3. goldfinger

goldfinger goldfinger

Oddometer:

Welcome Jumma,
    Many of us are of the trail/dirt bike riding orientated sort of riders see if you can get along to Melrose I'm sure youv'e met a few of us before I'm sure wev'e ridden together(Wison59) will be heading up on saturday.

Cheers
    paul.
  4. JUMMA

JUMMA Adventurer

Oddometer:
    gday paul
    yes i recocnised yourself and wayne on this site and knew you guys were up for the real deal dirt rides going on your previous ride reports on DBW, no go for me this w/end but hope to see you out there soon.
  5. goldfinger

goldfinger goldfinger

Oddometer:

Well done on the new bike mate.
  6. OzAdvRider

OzAdvRider EZrider

Oddometer:
    Hello Guys,

My bike arrived at last:clap . The front and rear tyres are worn out. I sure would appreciate if any one could point me to their favoutite tyre dealer. I am looking for Metzler Sahara 3 or Metzler Karoo and any advise on tires is very welcome.

Thank you Willis
  7. roosting

roosting Adventurer

Oddometer:
    G'day all, Yep I'm another KTM South Ozzie.. can be added to that list at the start of the thread.. Any Riverlanders tuned in?
  8. OzAdvRider

OzAdvRider EZrider

Oddometer:
    Hi Roosting, welcome!

Willis

9. roosting

roosting Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Willis.. I'm new to the list so it's good to find almost local people's

Congrats on your bike mate..
  10. OzAdvRider

OzAdvRider EZrider

Oddometer:
    Thank you Roosting. I am suer we will hook up with the rest of the guys soon:freaky

Cheers Willis

11. roosting

roosting Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Willis i bet the KTM 640 Adventure cranks, have you took it for a test spin (I would imagine you have)

what year was it again?

Is it your first KTM?

I love mine. It's a oldy but a goody! only a 400 but plenty for my stick figure.
  12. Beemerboff

Beemerboff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mityre in Williamstown , Vic, will ship you a set of E-09s overnight for around $210- incl shipping, around $200- less than the alternatives. He has a new shipment due in June and is keen to move the last of the old stock.

So even if you pay someone to fit them you are still a long way in front.

If the E-08s are anything to go by they are every bit as good if not better than the Metzlers, etc, so dont be put off by the price - the Yanks pay less than half the price we do for tires, we just get ripped off here.

I prefer Hanbys tires at Marion , but he can be hard to catch up with and doesnt always have a lot of stock, and he doesnt take cards or cheques.

GC have more stock, but can be a bit dearer and are somtimes a bit ofhand - when I asked fo Pilot Powers on my VFR they told me that the Roads were good enough for me and that they would last twice as long as the Powers, and the reason I didnt like the Roads was because they were old and hard.Well they should know, they had fitted them ten weeks before. And ,for the record, the Powers last longer then the Roads and are a better tire in every way.

They also claim to have never heard of Mitas tyres even although they are an agent for them, according to Mityre.
  13. BigM

BigM Hello :-)

Oddometer:
    Nice buy Jumma!!

Where you get it from? Run it in yet ;) should be able to rack up the first 1000km over the weekend :lol3

Jumma and roosting are up on front page, i notice that roosing is a geek. :wave

PS i notice the first post now is rather orange!!! The way it should be.
  14. OzAdvRider

OzAdvRider EZrider

Oddometer:
    Hi Roosting, I did take it for a spin. It is my first KTM and it's a 2004. I am trying to get use to it. Just different from the Japanese machines.

I'd say it is the man behind the bike and not the bike:wink:

I got to go take my Advance riders course this Friday.Now I am on temp license.

Look forward to hook up!:1drink

Cheers Willis

15. roosting

roosting Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm new to this, I don't get it, we are up on frontpage.. and i'm a geek ?
    I am a geek (IT Technician wise) I imagine that's what you mean...
    what's frontpage thou.?

I'm also a bike Geek :D

Roosting
  16. OzAdvRider

OzAdvRider EZrider

Oddometer:
    Hi Beemerboff, Thank you! I found mitas http://www.mitas.cz/index.php?stranka=4&scid=52

I could not find Mityre in Williamstown or Hanbys tires on google. I'd sure appreciate if you could furnish their respective tel numbers.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers Willis

17. roosting

roosting Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Willis,
    mate the KTM's just take time.. take the time to work on the suspension and the brute power and you will then reap the rewards.. Suspension is the key.... It rocks but you do have to get it right.. Then the real fun starts. My first few ride's on mine did not seems impressive. But after tweaks i now see the big KTM (thing).. Jap bikes are great (I have some) but I now ride one bike the most guess what .... it's the M.

RE: hookup one time.. I have mate near balhanna (I think I spelt that wrong) near little hamster..he's a keen rider also. Should hook up for beer runs one time.
    roost
  18. BigM

BigM Hello :-)

Oddometer:
    yeah sorry I was at work when i posted that and was trying to block out the people asking me questions ;)

Yeah IT dude.:wave Same here ;) Front page, was just front page of this thread, 'the list'.

"Hi IT chap, come here maybe I can buy you a beer, oh while your here, when i go to save my word document on my Macdonald 86 it asks me this question and I just click OK, and I loose my work, now can you make my email work please?"
  19. roosting

roosting Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No worries, now I'm with ya.. Yep us I.T. dude's have people snappin at our heals all day hey!.. And they think we have 3 sets of ears and a multitasking brain when fixing 5 computers at once and also remoting into 3 servers whilst giving advice on what bloody laptop they should buy there doughter for Uni...

That's why I love to jump on my LC4 and just ride away into the scrub and blow the day's shit out of my head..
  20. masterbrewer

masterbrewer TDMster

Oddometer: