SA Adv Riders

Discussion in 'Australia' started by BigM, Apr 17, 2007.

1. SaAdvRider99

SaAdvRider99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Then November?
    [​IMG]
  2. fethers

fethers Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I agree Dave.
    I rode Skytrek a month ago and agree that it was fun but I was on a 350 so hills were easy. The loop is just shy of 80km and when leaving the homestead you should be given a key to a gate at approx. 50km, going through this gate takes you to the harder hills to finish the track, or you can go past the gate and rejoin the track between 5 - 10km where you turn left to head back to the start. The section through the gate would be a challenge on a big bike. The key isn't given out after 10:30am for those in 4wd to allow time to finish the track in daylight. Some sections would be quite slow on 4 wheels.
    My group camped at Moxan's Hut which is 15km into the track and great if you want to get out on your own. The hut is 2 rooms, has 5 beds in one and kitchen in the other, gas hot water and solar/battery lighting. Took approx. 45 minutes to drive the 15km into the hut (towing a trailer though). Thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Sol Erzenberg likes this.
  3. TonyRDR

TonyRDR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi all had a great weekend on the border track with a few mates great weather, a couple of dunes beat up the fully loaded 650s and the sand was a bit softer then usual but it was good fun for all.
    On the way out on the Mt shaugh track we met a solo rider with a Bmw 800 gs on the bitumen heading to the start of the track. Any one know if it was an inmate and how he went?
    Was pretty gutsy given that he did not seem to have camping gear and it was already well past midday.
  4. SaAdvRider99

Oddometer:
    LOFTYBOB and Joe 400 like this.
  5. Joe 400

Joe 400 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice one. Can buy tickets at the door ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. SaAdvRider99

Oddometer:
    Yes
    Joe 400 likes this.
  7. leighwgold

leighwgold Ph.D. of B.S. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Another Caroona Creek Ride.
    I thought it was time to re-visit Caroona Creek area, so I put the idea to the lads. Andy's still painting, Gray is off in the wilds of Tassie freezing his bits off on the DR and Craig is wearing the sharp edges of the tyres of my ex. (SV1000s)
    But Ed on his new Africa Twin, Nige on his new A T Auto and me on my newish R1200GSA (6000km) set off from a cold and windy Gawler Sunday morning. We headed out through the vineyards past Seppeltsfield, Greenock and out behind Kapunda, pace was pretty good. It was cold and really windy, but dry so we stopped to rug up a bit, then by the time we made it to Redbanks it was starting to heat up, about 28deg and we were riding into some very black clouds.

IMG_4836.JPG
    We decided to keep heading North to Caroona. The tracks were getting a bit interesting by now, plenty of Hills and Creek crossings, all dry though. Just past the gate in the pic we ran into a couple of patches of bull dust, things got pretty hairy but none of us went down, but I know that I wasn't in control of the situation at all, a pucker moment. The weather was looking more threatening, we could see rain falling ahead and decided that if it started we were gonna turn tail and make a bolt for it. Luckily we swung South and followed Dares Hill Rd, a spectacular ride and view, before heading south and back into Burra.

IMG_4838.JPG

IMG_4841.JPG
    It rained on the way into Burra, Nige needed some pies so we waited there til it stopped.
    Then Straight home on the bitumen dodging thunderstorms all the way. All up we did about 370km from Gawler, and went on some great tracks, and apart from the couple of bull dust holes, the BMW and AT's handled it easy and once the OEM tires are knackered I'll be putting something more suitable on.
  8. DRAK

DRAK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like a craker of a ride Leigh!
  9. pops

pops Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice to only have to watch out for roos and emus, plus a few gray nomads, on my ride up through the back of the flinders ranges today. 2018-10-17 18.21.04.jpg
    Two tanks :) along the old coal line road to Leigh creek.
    2018-10-17 15.28.33.jpg
    On the back road towards Hawker, from Port Augusta
    2018-10-17 18.16.36.jpg
    Moralana Gorge road ,lunch break.

2018-10-17 15.25.05.jpg
    Yarrah vale road .Near Quorn.
  10. pops

pops Long timer

Oddometer:
    2018-10-17 20.21.39.jpg
    Bobby creek road? out from probys grave.
    20181017_123023.jpg
    Still a bit of water about . Kanyaka water hole.
    Great to be on a bike again.
  11. Aussie Trev

Aussie Trev aka DRTrev

Oddometer:
    Welcome back Pops. Somehow I thought it might have been on an SE. Cheers
    pops likes this.
  12. pops

pops Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Trever, it is great to finally get riding again.
    I would still love a SE Trever.
    Maybe one day?.
    I am looking at buying a wr 250 from my brother,as soon as i sell off this GSA.
    Incredible bike , I love riding it ,but it is not for me at this time.
    Small steps until hopefully ,i get stronger.
    Cheers.
  13. Hazard14

Hazard14 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    G'Day all, I lost my right side plastic on a ride out last week. Not enough blue Loctite. Does anyone have a spare one or a set for sale? Mine were white but I am not fussy grey black or blue would do. Please PM me if you can help. Thanks.
  14. Kimi

Kimi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Finke movie was very good. If you get a chance go and see it. Think it is going on our bucket list for 2019 to go and see for ourselves.
    pops, SaAdvRider99 and Phil_Fong like this.
  15. SaAdvRider99

Oddometer:
    Excellent Movie doco. Best seen in a while.
  16. Dances With Roos

Dances With Roos Bikenomad

Oddometer:
    Question please.
    Mate of mine, (yes despite all efforts to offend I still have some) :D has an old 955i Triumph Tiger with some electrical issues. He's tried the cowboys now looking for someone professional. Last time I had some issues was when Laurie Hepworth was running Bikelec years ago.
    Anyway who is in the know these days? Preferably the North side of city, (mate lives down Large Bay way). Any info would be appreciated thanks in advance.
    Dances With Roos.
  17. kipo

kipo South Australian Tiger Resistance Group

Oddometer:
    Steve at Betta Bikes but that's down south or Greg Slattery GSMoto he does a lot of electrics for 24 hour bikes etc., he's at Rundle Road (off Kings Road) Salisbury South.
    Noely and pops like this.
  18. Dances With Roos

Dances With Roos Bikenomad

Oddometer:
    Thanks Kipo, will pass it on.
    Cheers Dances With Roos
  19. SaAdvRider99

Oddometer:
    Reminder for those interested.

20. SaAdvRider99

Oddometer:
    Was out riding around today and found myself in Cambrai. Came across a cafe on the corner and stopped in. Good coffee and food. Also has a nice motorcycle memorabilia area from MotoGp, World SBK and TT racing posters, photo's and die-cast models etc. Only thing missing if Offroad [Dakar]. if in the area stop in for a look.
    Noely and leighwgold like this.