Sac Rough Road Riders RRRRide on 11-6-04

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by luv2lean, Nov 2, 2004.

1. luv2lean

luv2lean not lost til out of gas

Oddometer:
    Hey Rough Road Riders it's time to saddle up again!

A Thumper RRRRide is planned for this Saturday 11-6-04. We will be leaving (riding) from Wolf Mtn Coffee at 0830 heading towards Foresthill, probably stop for lunch near Colfax, explore the North side of Hwy 80 after lunch and back towards Sac before dark. Wolf Mtn Coffee is located in the Raleys Shopping center on the southeast side of Hwy 80 at the Foresthill exit in Auburn.

This will probably be another 50/50 street/dirt ride and GS friendly for the most part, but I'll be riding the XR650R and we will try to find a challenging trail or 2 to qualify this as a Thumper RRRRide (Really Rough Road Ride). Options are limited due to the low snow level for this time of year, so we're gonna just wing it and do some exploring as conditions permit. Conditions were very good last weekend and they should be as good or better this weekend.

Lets Ride!
  2. PASSMORE

PASSMORE Just the last name...

Oddometer:
    I am in... Nate want to hook up to ride out? dino - you in as well?
  3. dino2000

dino2000 No Bad Daze

Oddometer:
    Going to truck it to Rocklin and hook up w/ a buddy who wants to "join the asylum". We will be standin' tall @ 830am.
    Dino :2guns
  4. luv2lean

Oddometer:
    Looks like we're getting more rain than expected this week. There may be a Phats1 mud hole or 2 this weekend! I'm gonna smear on an extra bit of boot wax
  5. Luke

Luke GPoET&P

Oddometer:
    I'll be coming over from Santa Rosa, and looking forward to meeting some the adv. crowd!

How much mud and singletrack should I expect? I'm trying to decide between an XR400 w/knobbies and an 1100GS w/Tourances.

-Luke
  6. luv2lean

Oddometer:
    The route is not set. It's definitely gonna be wet - probably not much single track. We'll be doing mostly paved/gravel/dirt road, but we may get into a tight spot or 3 for the GS. The XR would be my choice - but I wouldnt want to ride it from Santa Rosa!
  7. Luke

Luke GPoET&P

Oddometer:
    No, the XR gets trailered. 65mph top speed and twitchy steering don't make for a happy Interstate experience! I'm assuming that there is enough parking around there for a trailer.
  8. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    I went with these guys last week on a GS1150 with tourances. It worked out fine but I was wishing for knobbies a lot of the time. With the rain this week there will be even more mud so I would say it'd be even more challenging with the tourances. If you have the slighest idea that you could make the ride from Santa Rosa on the XR then you should do it. You'll enjoy the ride a lot more.

I've got some 1/2 used TKC80s that I'll be putting on next time.
  9. ktmnate

ktmnate Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just got the message. I can't make it this week. I am taking the wife to the MC show to get some boots.
  10. ktmnate

ktmnate Long timer

Oddometer:
    I gues you never rode with Phil and is racing slicks.....
  11. dino2000

dino2000 No Bad Daze

Oddometer:
    But you will have to do five wheelies and five burnouts as penance (on the wifes bike, w/ her watching !!!!). We'll miss you man. Hey Mike, good to meet ya and good to finally have another oilhead in the ranks. Great color bike too. Passmore and I are going to meet up here in the hood and ride out to pick up my buddy John. Luke, plenty of parking 2 the coffehouse, it's in a pretty big shopping center. Lookin' forward to a slippery/ muddy ride.
  12. PASSMORE

PASSMORE Just the last name...

Oddometer:
    Luke,

Go pick up that slacker Bojangles and bring him (he's in SR)!!!

M

13. luv2lean

Oddometer:
    Yep, but last week we were ALL on the big bikes. This weeks a thumper ride, so we may be twistin the grip a little more and may do some trail.