Sachs MadAss 125cc

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by Nurburgringer, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

This looks pretty cool
  2. 73Mustang

73Mustang Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't see this in PP's website. I guess it's no longer available.
  3. ihatemybike

ihatemybike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That Pitster would be cooler with at least 17" wheels.

Seems it was a 2008 model.
  4. 73Mustang

Oddometer:
    I contacted Moto Scoot about the MA 125. They said they no longer import the 125cc. But they still import the 50cc. They also said they can swap a high performance 110cc semi-auto transmittion into a 50cc bike.
  5. Culcune

Culcune Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Like I mentioned before in response to the guy who put the Madass down, I was fortunate to ride three scooters at the distributor, 2 TGB 2-strokes and the Madass, and I preferred the Madass based on the seating position. For me, the engine that comes with the Madass is just a starting point, whereas, with the TGBs, you are stuck with a 50cc and what you can build on that. I would probably attempt a 140cc crate engine into a Madass. (yes, my opinion might change a little bit once the 150cc TGB bikes start arriving, but hopefully the Madass 125 will finally arrive to make me, once again, decide on which bike I would prefer after a few hours of riding all the bikes, of course ;)

I am a nobody, so don't take my word for it--Moto-Scoot already sells several lines of Taiwanese scooters (and just picked up the TGBs) and if the Sachs really were crap bikes, why would they (Moto-Scoot) be one of the key reasons the distributor decided to bring in the Madass in the first place? It's not like they (either the distributor or Moto-Scoot) are depending on the Sachs bike to keep them in business...
  6. 73Mustang

Oddometer:
    Some people think if something doesn't live up to their high standard, then it is a junk P.O.S.

Regardless that millions of people successfuly rely of them for transportation everday.
    Dankarnov likes this.
  7. 73Mustang

Oddometer:
    No, I meant it as tongue in cheek.
  8. fotoguzzi

fotoguzzi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My Uly was overkill for a 20 mile commute so I picked up a MA125 ($1200/1400miles)
    what a hoot! I scramble thru and ahead of traffic, mostly 1 ways to and from downtown Mpls.. it's a total scream beating out all the cagers and has plenty of steam to rip ahead at the stop light. had an indicted 59mph too.. might get a bike speedo to check accuracy on that..

[​IMG]
  9. prowler1

prowler1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    madass 012.JPG This thread looks like it's been abandoned, but what the heck.....gunna give it a shot anyway, I just bought one of these bikes. It's a 2006 with an 88cc? upgrade. It had an Ass Pipe on it that I removed and put a high pipe on instead (see pic). Anybody interested in the Ass Pipe? Would like to sell the Ass Pipe......it's just too darn loud.
  10. The Virginian

The Virginian Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good luck with your new bike and post up your experiences on it as you put some miles on it. Great looking bike you have there.