Sachs MadAss 125cc

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by Nurburgringer, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Affirmative. On Saturday I saw about 5 in the showroom either fully assembled or in process, and a shipment was supposedly leaving today to pre-orderers outside of Milwaukee.
    Good luck with yours - be sure to let us all know about it!
    cheers
  2. milwaukeemadass

milwaukeemadass Web Geek

Oddometer:
    Bill said as soon as it's all done and tested out i'll be able to pick mine up soon. I know they got their hands full over there with all the pre-orders.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow.
  3. Fakenstein

Fakenstein Long timer

Oddometer:
    looking forward to the first ride report.
    A good head port and polish and a valve job would wake it up with a 134 high compression kit. or a 160 scut kit. hmmmm

Or just drop in a daytona 150 motor with 18hp weeeeee
  4. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The photo on page 1 titled "BigMadAss" is a 160cc - according to the M-S mechanic hits 70mph. :D
  5. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer Adventurer

Oddometer:
  6. OrRogue1

OrRogue1 Did I soil myself?

Oddometer:
    That IS a madass under a different name!
  7. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If you mean it is the same bike, then no it certainly is not.

The photos are small and low-res (purposesly I'm sure), but the handlebars are different, so are the turn-signals, horn, cable routing, and seat.
    Don't believe the real MA 49cc ever came with a 'snorkel' air intake.

I sent an email to Cobra and Sachs pointing them to the auction, and received an immediate reply from Cobra so expect the auction to come down shortly. Ferrari takes a sledgehammer to companies making replicas and using the Ferrari name, this is the same.
    'Replicas' can be quite good (i.e. 427 Cobras, Ferrari GTOs built on 250 or 330 chassis, etc), but inferior fakes (most Fiero Ferraris or Lambos) are nothing but bad publicity.
  8. OrRogue1

Oddometer:
    We agree to disagree!
  9. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    how so?
  10. BillPeirce

BillPeirce Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I wanted to drop in and say hi. (Thanks to Bill at Moto Scoot for pointing me to this topic.)

I won't bore you with the details, but we're very excited that the MadAss 125's are FINALLY here. It's been a long hard road and I want to thank those of you who have supported us in our quest and apologize to those of you who are upset over the wait or distribution issues.

Like many European motorcycle companies, Sachs has gone through many changes through the years. The most resent iteration of Sachs includes the MadAss products. In 2004 we looked closely at importing the MadAss but we couldn't get our heads around the idea of selling a 49cc auto MadAss. Thankfully they were working on the 125 in 2005-2006 and when they were finally ready we jumped in. They are also working on a 250cc and 500cc version. If I could figure out how to post a picture here I might leak some spy photos.

The 2010 MadAss 125 is much different than the previous MadAss products. We upgraded the seat, riding position, wider tires, and a new exhaust.

We broke out a graphite MadAss 125 last week and all I can say is, "Wow." It's much smoother than the prototypes, 1st gear is very usable (unlike our first few prototypes), the ride is smoother but still sporty. The power is very good for a 125, even in the lower revs. I can't wait to get a few hundred miles under my belt.

Back in 2004 we took 3 of our 150cc Delivery scooters from New York City to Los Angeles (TGB Coast to Coast Challenge). It was a great trip and it proved how reliable our scooters are. We had ZERO failures, not even a puncture. After riding the MadAss 125 I asked the guys at the office if they wanted to try a Los Angeles to New York trip. You should have seen the look on their faces. Priceless. One of the original 2004 riders quickly said, "Hell no". But I asked the question again and I could see his head spinning with the idea of doing this ride. In the end, he said he would do it.

So you never know, we may try a MadAss Coast-to-Coast trip in late summer. It would be a blast!!!

I'm sorry if you live in an area without a dealer and we hope to be able to have enough inventory to supply our current PEIRSPEED dealers within 60-120 days. if you want one, be sure to let your local PEIRSPEED dealer that you are a serious buyer. This info will be passed on to our sales team so that they can be sure to get the dealer set up.

If I can help you in any way, please drop me an email: ffcobra "@" aol.com

Ride on!

Bill
  11. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting Bill.

Do you work for Sachs, Cobra, Peirspeed or?
    EDIT: sorry Mr. Peirce, didn't expect the owner of a pretty big company to stop by :)

Please do post any photos you have - you can either attach them to the post with the button "add attachments" or upload to a site like photobucket and directly link the photo:

[​IMG]

if you leave out the space before the http and after the jpg it will appear in your post like this:

[​IMG]

cheers!
  12. tundrawolf

tundrawolf Desert Rat V Star

Oddometer:
    That's pretty cool!

What are the specs on them?

MPG?
    Fuel capacity?
    HP rating?

Stick some knobbies on that thing I bet it'd be the perfect trail bike!
  13. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Tonight I took a 125cc for a short spin.
    This was a brand new bike so I didn't go for any land-speed records, but it got up to 45mph quicker and smoother than my racy 88cc for sure and still had plenty to go.

Added new photos (including a yellow one) and a short video of the 125cc in action.

Full ride reports will surely follow, but I can say that the 125cc is everything my 2006er is and more. I especially like the tires, controls, and power-band.

To answer the above question - the tank is about 1.1gal, and depending on riding style (makes a big difference) and conditions you should expect about 80-100 miles/tank if mine is anything to go by. I ride with the throttle pinned quite a bit so can't go much more than 75 miles on a tank, but like I said this is a racy motor.

Don't know HP, maybe around 8ish? Anybody know?

All I know is Moto-scoot is already hard at work developing mods to really make her go. Chief MS mechanic and mechanical engineer Andy knows these bikes and motors inside and out, so when he's not winning races on his superbike at Road America he's dreaming up go-faster MadAss parts.
    cheers
  14. OrRogue1

Oddometer:
    How come the yellow one has the old lights on back? What happened to the LED light? Is that a 2010 model? Solid black wheels I like!
  15. moto-scoot bill

moto-scoot bill Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    the madass is a perfect rig for firelanes, and the great american tractor trail. good pit bike too!

Attached Files:

16. Bugtussle

Bugtussle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone know what the stock front and rear sprocket sizes are on the 125?
  17. OrRogue1

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the pics and info!
  18. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    no prob, it's always fun to try out new machines :)

RE tailights - where did you hear that the 2010's have LEDs lights? They looked to be the same as my 2006 (incandescant bulbs), except for chromed brake light housing instead of black.
  19. OrRogue1

Oddometer:
    All the pics of the 125 Madasses I downloaded to my computer from the web have clear LED taillights and tiny turn signals F&R that also look like LED's......maybe they were all european models!!??
  20. BillPeirce

BillPeirce Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No, thank YOU guys for all input.

Bill