Sachs MadAss 125cc

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by Nurburgringer, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Bar None

Bar None Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey MadAssers,
    How about getting on MMA's web site? Kinda lonely there.
    Thanks,
  2. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    cool - that means before/after dyno numbers should be coming soon.
  3. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ok ok quit nagging, done :)
  4. milwaukeemadass

milwaukeemadass Web Geek

Oddometer:
    Not very exciting but this was more to test out the camera than to give a solid video of the new exhaust and what not. i'm hoping to get more detailed videos and images later on.

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gWdL1wfUp94&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="344" width="425"></object>
  5. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer Adventurer

Oddometer:
  6. milwaukeemadass

milwaukeemadass Web Geek

Oddometer:
    Always leave them wanting more! :D
  7. Bugtussle

Bugtussle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Break'em in and ring em out and let us know what they will do!! Top Speed please!
  8. moto-scoot bill

moto-scoot bill Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  9. moto-scoot bill

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

10. moto-scoot bill

Oddometer:
    mountain top view of the pacific ocean

Attached Files:

11. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    cool looking luggage in the second pic - do you know the brand?

Don't look like they'd hold all that much, but they are the most suited to the MA that I've seen so far.
  12. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    well good thing the new 125s have improved transmissions - my '49' ate a pinion gear yesterday.
    Shifting has always been clunky, with occasional "false neutrals" where the N light is lit, but suddenly (without touching the shift lever) the bike engages 1st gear with a JOLT. I've gotten real good at 'feeling' when the bike really is in nuetral so this hasn't happened in months.
    But yesterday, luckily enough, I stopped by Moto-scoot to say hi and when preparing to pull out "BANG" it goes, and I look down to see chunks of the front pinion on the ground. Split cleanly into 4 pie-pieces. BTW this was an aftermarket 14T pinion from Fastrails I think, not very impressive metal IMO.

Eh, at least it happened in M-S parking lot :)
    Andy will be installing a 15T pinion, so I'll hoof over on sat morning before the big Rockerbox rally. See yall there!
  13. milwaukeemadass

milwaukeemadass Web Geek

Oddometer:
    That is a good thing it happened there.

i picked up my bike after M-S re-jetted the carb so it better matches the Ass Pipe exhaust and it's a lot smoother now and getting a good mix. It's like a whole new bike... again.

i'm going to miss the Rockerbox because i have my MSF class at the same time - actually most of the day. It didn't dawn on me why 8/8 sounded familiar while I was signing up for the class until later on.
  14. Bugtussle

Bugtussle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone with a top speed on the 125cc yet?
  15. milwaukeemadass

milwaukeemadass Web Geek

Oddometer:
    i haven't pushed it yet but i'm hoping to find an empty stretch of road soon and see where it gets me. :D
  16. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer Adventurer

Oddometer:
  17. YamaGeek

YamaGeek Skeletor sparklemuffin.

Oddometer:
    I thought I recognized the Ratscoot in picture #4, it's a TGB Key West.
  18. moto-scoot bill

Oddometer:
    the start of mods to the 125 has just begun. asspipe and re-jetting.
    next up is the big valve head {22mm compared to 18mm stock}
    also a 22mm mikuni carb to match the bigger valves

the 160cc cylinder will go on soon after.
    we want to dyno, document, and road test each stage before we move on to the next.

Attached Files:

19. Jim V. Strom

Jim V. Strom n00b

Oddometer:
    (From the vendor section posted 8/9/09)

Had a nice ride today – I'm 6'@210lbs (useful info for the following story) – I also live on the south side of Milwaukee. I just had to do it – I took the Hoan Bridge (google it if you are outside Milwaukee). It started off well. I was cruising @ 55 most all the way – about a 100 yds shy of the peak my donkey said “Clyde to Jim, Clyde to Jim … you're riding me much to hard”. Started to lose power – I knew I reached the wall. I backed it down to 50 and cruised over the summit and then on to 60 on my way down.
    The rest of my journey was up the lake front to Brown Deer Road and then return. (about 40 miles round trip)
    I feel real good about the performance. Just keep it on the secondary roads.
    It is really fun to breeze along the city streets. It puts motorCYCLE back into what I feel was lost since the escalation on cc's in the late 60's.
    (Clyde --- that's another 60's thing --- and about midnight, he got on his camel named Clyde ..-- you may know the rest.)

And Bill ... you didn't seethis :thumb

While out amongst bar hoppers this Sat. (doing the 15 on the 15 on the 15) some were talking about this Madass thing. One thought it was too pricey.

Going to get the handle bar mirrors!
  20. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    sounds like you're having fun.

new mod on my 88: one of the vendors at Rockerbox was selling cool LED brake lights. I didn't get the 'knight rider' version with rolling lights, but did get the one that flashes for a few seconds when you hit the brakes until coming on solid. Quite a bit brighter than the stock bulb *more visbility is never a bad thing!), looks cool, and easy to install.

http://www.customdynamics.com/knight_rider_led_light_bar.htm

Also last week I ordered a set of 4 LED turn signals off EBAY. Hopefully with the amber LED on the edge I'll be able to see the blinker from the saddle to help remind me to turn them off...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4X-Mini-14x-LED-Turn-Signals-Signal-Lights-Clear-Amber_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14Q2el1262QQhashZitem414833ac97QQitemZ280384220311QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

With the smaller brake light and signals and the license plate rlocated to the rear axle the back of the MA is really cleaned up.