Sachs MadAss 125cc

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by Nurburgringer, Jul 18, 2009.

1. jb

jb waystupid

Oddometer:
    Looks great! Let us know about the fit and install.

2. jb

jb waystupid

Oddometer:
    I have also joined the ranks! Here is my $800 Craigslist MA:

[​IMG]

It is an '06 with about 650 miles. All it needs is a speedo cable and a battery. I've been riding it around without either for the last two days, and it is a hoot. A very slow hoot that can't get out of its own way at intersections, but still a hoot.

Let the mods begin! Let's see.... big-bore kit or a 160? :evil
  3. Bugtussle

Bugtussle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Check out my 06 with a 110cc Lifan motor from Hooper Imports It was painfully slow with the 50cc motor. If you look at the air intake hole on the bottom of that chrome 50cc air filter the opening is about the size of a peanut. Check out the video we shot of the 110cc in action. By the way its for sale in Oregon. http://www.vimeo.com/5797275
  4. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    wow, you stole that bike :O

congrats!

Even after putting in a 160 (I think you lose electric start with these but shouldn't be a big deal), raised handlebars and 2010 seat you'll be below what I paid for my 2006 (with 75 miles, but 650 isn't much at all as long as it was well taken care of).

cheers
  5. Vertical C

Vertical C Long timer

Oddometer:
    The bike is looking good with that new pipe.

I have been looking at these mods as well. Please post up any gains that you get from the mods as very interested in the results.

Also could you post any change in the fuel economy, I like that the madass is so effecient and wouldn't want to wreck it too much to get the gains.

How is the asspipe for jumping gutters? Does it get hit?
  6. Vertical C

Vertical C Long timer

Oddometer:
    My aussie model will sit on 80km/h fine (50 miles/h) on a flat reasonably happily, 90km/h and it is starting to sound like it is really working. I have seen 95km/h downhill (~56 miles/h) but I didn't leave it there for long. I am 105kg or 231 pounds.

All above is indicated speed not GPS.
  7. Too Many Toys

Too Many Toys Adventure Poseur

Oddometer:
    Just off the Lincoln hiway in Ioway & Mesa, AZ
    Oh S$#@. I just bought two Mad Ass 125's from Bill @ Moto-Scoot in Milwaukee. What was I thinking? Will I like them?

Seen one @ Road America this weekend & HAD to have one (or two).

Go ahead, chime in.
  8. milwaukeemadass

milwaukeemadass Web Geek

Oddometer:
    You'll love them. If you don't something is really wrong!
  9. CodeMonkee

CodeMonkee Geek Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Kewl looking bike, and I was interested until I saw the weight - my Husaberg only weighs 30 more pounds. Granted, my bike costs a lot more, but I was hoping for something lightweight in the 180 pound range. There are any number of 125cc bikes out there that are 20 pounds or more lighter.

Still, kewl bike. It will be interesting to see the larger displacement bikes if they don't gain too much weight, but then for the cost of one of these I could put some SM wheels on my Husaberg.
  10. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    you're bitching about 20lbs?! How much do you weigh? Do you shave your head and wear tighty-whities instead of boxers to shave ounces? lol

putting on a shorty pipe will lop about 10lbs off, you can remove the double seat for a carbon fiber racing bicycle saddle, spend $300 on a Takagawa magnesium engine cover, cut 2" off the handlebar ends, remove the decals, replace all hardware with titanium, drill holes in the mirror supports, and put helium in the tires if you're that extreme about weight... sheesh :huh
    :lol3
  11. Too Many Toys

Oddometer:
    LOL, I like your style Nurburgringer! Well said. I honestly never even looked at the weight of the Mad Ass. Guess now I'll have a complex about it's weight. :D

Should have them late today. Hopefully I short ride report later.

12. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    nice - they'd make excellent transport around RA during races.

Bill's supply must be nearing bottom. I think he's expecting more in next month.
  13. CodeMonkee

CodeMonkee Geek Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just saying that it isn't that much lighter. Why would I buy a bike that is only 20 to 30 pounds lighter and has less than one fourth the HP when I already have a light bike that handles much better and goes faster??

I think the MadAss is a kewl bike, but I was thinking about something really lightweight for the displacement.
  14. Too Many Toys

Oddometer:
    Got my MadAss 125's today. It was an easy & smooth transaction with Bill at Moto Scoot in Milwaukee.

By the time I got them home it was almost dark. Rode one about 7 miles around the patch & am pretty impressed. The quality and fit & finish were much better then I expected. The motor runs well & shifts smooth. Too late tonight to screw with them much so I just adjusted the controls, cables & idle & tucked the yellow duck away for the night.

A few crappy pics because I was out of natural light...

Say this three times fast...
    [​IMG]

Love Moto Scoot's dealer decal (Bill, Can I get a couple for my vehicles?)...
    [​IMG]

Bad picture in low light...
    [​IMG]

Love the front end. Key in the same place as a Duc Monster if I recall correctly...
    [​IMG]

Good night, more details later.
  15. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    very nice - congrats!

I've got one of those stickers on my helmet, surely Bill will send you a stack they are cool.

happy trails
  16. element

element Time to roll

Oddometer:
    170 pound all aluminum trail bike (full size adult bike)
    YX140 cc
    Ported and Polished Head
    Big Valve Head
    Hi lift cam
    26mm carb
    21" front wheel
    19" rear wheel
    34" seat height, too big for little people or kids
    Excellent Condition
    Senior rider owned, not abused
    Two sets of tires Knobbies or Trials
    Set of sprockets for a wide range of gear
    Spare fuel bottle on front fender
    GPS and mount is NOT included
    Custom seat for long trail..not cool looking but comfortable...cool is for kids
    $1800.00 obo
    Located in Erie, PA. pickup only... no delivery
    element0346@roadrunner.com
    [​IMG]
  17. approachbears

approachbears 250cc is 50cc too many

Oddometer:
    Yes, that does look interesting and all. But there's the fact that no matter how comfy the seat is, unlike the Madass, its not street legal.
  18. element

element Time to roll

Oddometer:
    I have two, one is street legal. but I still don't ride it on the street

IMHO, on the street anything less than 650cc is like dating a fat girl, fun but you don't want to be see...

The problem with the Mad Ass or CT90's they are so small an adult looks way stupid riding on one.... unless your a Shriner Clown in a prade.

"Moped" is the comment I hear when someone sees a CT90 or a Mad Ass type bike, on the street a full body scooter is much cooler looking.
  19. Too Many Toys

Oddometer:
    I resemble that remark :D

20. Fakenstein

Fakenstein Long timer

Oddometer:
    new ones here too http://www.outlawpowersports.com/SikkMX_125_Trailcross_Dirt_Bike_p/sikktx.htm