Sacramento Riders Thread DS & ADV

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Parx400, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Bobbles

Bobbles Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The highlighted part is all dirt road, but no singletrack. It's a fun route though. You'll have to do it before it starts snowing though, the road isn't plowed. Unless you're into that. I'm pretty sure there's a way to get to Truckee all dirt, but I don't know what it is. If you're looking for a dirtbike adventure you can access the Rubicon at Loon Lake.
    outdoorsman likes this.
  2. Automatic

Automatic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    New Year's Day ride warning or announcement or whateva.
    Tuesday the 1st, 2019 3rd annual Northern California party ride. Ride will happen unless it's totally terrible and miserable weather, we've been lucky the last two years.
    Meet at Flour Garden Bakery ( 340 Elm Ave # C, Auburn, CA 95603) at 10am and get going at 10:30.
    Usually about 8 to 15 bikes so ya gotta play well with others. Women riders are obviously welcome, my wife will be on her beloved Ktm 400.
    Anywhere from 50 to 95 miles of very mixed terrain. 1st year had some iced over fire roads, last year had some deep mud and single track but always about 50/50 off road and pavement. No freeways.
    Bike selection is subjective. If you're on a Beta 450 plated dirt bike you might be bored, if you're on a 1200GS then you might be challenged. It'll be exciting as always.
    Route for this year is kinda sorta up to Foreshill via Ponderosa and then up Chicken Hawk to Elliots Ranch to some other great dirt and then over to Colfax for more excitement. Back by 4:30ish.
    IMG_0121.jpg IMG_0120.jpg IMG_0119.jpg IMG_0122.jpg
    Freshdonuts and mike54 like this.
  3. 2manyrides

2manyrides shifty charactor

Oddometer:
    Burrrrr.
    Sounds like a cold one.

[​IMG]
  4. bluegroove

bluegroove Motorcycle junkie

Oddometer:
    CA DMV question: I'm lookin at a dirt bike for sale that has not been registered for a while. Should be a red sticker. I used the last 5 of VIN and plate # to look up on DMV web site and it's not finding the bike. Thoughts? I've heard people say if a bike is not registered more than 7yrs it's deleted from the DMV computer. Correct? How will that affect me as a buyer?

If it's not in the system, maybe I could throw some lights on it and say it's an "enduro" and get a plate... :) ??

It's a 2008 dirt bike
  5. Automatic

Oddometer:
    The only constant at Dmv is that there is no consistency. At work I deal with them on a daily basis as a dealer and private party but even they do not read or understand their bylaws. Do not trust the online Dmv calculator. It used to be , and still largely is, that any 2002 and earlier dirt bike had the possibility of a Ca legal dual sport life. But recently some guys are getting newer bikes through and even getting the occasional two stroke plated. But its a black magic trick with *inconsistant* results.
    I’m sure others will chime in with better info though.
  6. bluegroove

Oddometer:
    Oh I don't really need a plate for it it was just a thought. I'm more interested in what kind of back fees or fines to expect in order to get another red sticker
  7. Cpt. Ron

Cpt. Ron Advrider #128

Oddometer:
    If the bike is “out of the system”, they’ll do an inspection of the VIN, engine number and emissions sticker. Following the written rules, it should stay a red sticker bike.
  8. Automatic

Oddometer:
    Also, if somehow the backfees are massive then it can salvaged to eliminate them but a lien sale cannot remove the fees since the law was changed.
  9. Cpt. Ron

Cpt. Ron Advrider #128

Oddometer:
    Penalties CAN be waived upon transfer. Depends on your story and the person “helping” you.
  10. bluegroove

Oddometer:
    thanks everyone!
  11. goodquest

goodquest Adventurer

Oddometer:
    In
  12. Automatic

Oddometer:
    Another fantastic annual New Years ride in the books. Perfect weather, great group and some exciting conditions with a few new faces.

IMG_0194.JPG
    avejoe, mike54, Freshdonuts and 2 others like this.
  13. ShineySideUp

ShineySideUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    I recently moved from east bay to Roseville and look forward to joining this group for mucho rides this year :)
  14. Calikatoom

Calikatoom Norcal Moto Nut

Oddometer:
    Whats up everyone!

My name is Gail Weaver and I am a long time advrider member and also work at Cycle Specialties BMW Triumph in Modesto. This isnt SPAM!

We will be hosting a FREE 6 part series covering all the good stuff you need to know in order to be self reliant, safe and fun in our awesome world of Dual Sport.
    The first evening seminar is January 17th (a Thursday evening)
    The flyer below does not show the start times! All sessions start at 6:30 PM.

Anyone that attends all 6 presentations will be invited to a Group Ride to Death Valley. Cycle Specialties will be covering food,drinks, and camping fees for everyone on the Death Valley trip.

We don't care what brand motorcycle you ride. We are trying to build our local dual sport community.

Pizza and sodas will be served. Each presentation night will have door prizes and vouchers. We are organizing some "Grand prizes" for the end of the series too.

WE DO NEED RSVP if you would like to attend. (so we know how much food to order) You can RSVP easily by just responding to this post. Check out the details below and feel free to call/ PM me with any questions.
    209-524-2955

Happy Riding!

[​IMG]
    ShineySideUp likes this.
  15. 2manyrides

Oddometer:
    Hello, your flyer did not post the time...
    As well, the place. Like us sacramento riders already knew where it is at! (or did I miss that)

Nice that you don’t care what kind of bike we ride... not judgemental at all!

[​IMG]
  16. Bobbles

Bobbles Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I assume it's at
  17. 2manyrides

Oddometer:
    I assume that too. Just being a smart ass. Guess I could look that up, but indeed, I am not familliar with them. Oh good too, being it’s bmw/TRIUMPH I should fit right in!

[​IMG]

But really, I don’t think i’ll make it to those. I am sitting around recovering from a broken leg.
    2018’s season ending injury.
  18. moosehog

moosehog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any suggestions for dual sport or dirt roads in Amador county? I hear about folks riding dirt roads down there, but don't know of any and can't find any info good info online. We're on dual sports and adventure bikes.
  19. Bobbles

Bobbles Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's not dirt, but Shake ridge road is great. I sometimes do Plymoth to Omo Ranch road to hwy 88 to shake ridge road. And sheep ranch road is a great one, but that's a bit further south.
  20. moosehog

moosehog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Something like this? https://goo.gl/maps/6xdg3h4HSio