Sacramento Riders Thread DS & ADV

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Parx400, Jan 16, 2012.

1. DualDawg

DualDawg Been here a while Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey there... I’m in El Dorado Hills. Let’s ride/explore. I’m in for fire roads on my big bike..... you guys up for weekday rides? Wednesday or Thursday this week? Any day next week?
    C0921525-38D0-4DEB-8A01-99C536321780.png
  2. Johnnyadv43

Johnnyadv43 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I’m out in Sacramento and interested in getting together with some local guys. There’s plenty of roads around The sierras I’m willing to ride. I’m on a big Ktm 1290 SAR too so no single track for me, but fire roads and others I’d be willing to ride down.
    DDDCC790-4497-4458-9EDB-AD0CF89AB587.jpeg
  3. Bobbles

Bobbles Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm in El Dorado Hills as well, but I can't do any weekday rides. I'm on a WR250R or a Tiger XCx so I'm either down for anything with minimal freeway or I'm scared of anything tighter than fireroads. haha

I'm doing a chill pace street ride on Wentworth springs this Saturday morning with a small group (SCR) if anyone is interested in joining us. DM me for details.
  4. Motobillb

Motobillb NorCal Fastfar Riders (meetup.com)

Oddometer:
    I’m in Volcano and would love to explore some more. Message me if you guys are heading out .. Thx!

PS - I am usually on a DRZ400 or KTM 790 but right now both need new shoes. Should be re-shoed soon though.

PSS - I also have a DR650 that’s ready to ride!
    Pintro likes this.
  5. Johnnyadv43

Johnnyadv43 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Im planning on getting a little ride in tomorrow if anyone is free? Planning on taking Foresthill up to Robinson flat campground area and exploring some dirt trails out there? Unless anyone else has a ride/trail they want to try out?
  6. bdesj

bdesj Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not available, but if you find out about passability/snow report on Soda Springs Rd, I'd be interested in hearing about that. Have a good ride.
  7. Pintro

Pintro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I did the pass from Forest hill via Soda Springs to Donner Lake 2 weeks ago. No snow .
    bdesj likes this.
  8. Johnnyadv43

Johnnyadv43 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i did Foresthill to Robinson’s flat up to soda springs and it was 99% clear of snow a few weeks ago. Should be good to go now. That’s a fun ride if you want to do it sometime! I’m down.
    bdesj likes this.
  9. scottrnelson

scottrnelson Mr. Dual Sport Rider

Oddometer:
    Where were all of you guys when I lived in Folsom? (2011 - 2016). I had a hard time tracking down riding partners at the time.

Of course, I'm not seeing any actual rides getting scheduled here, just "let's ride sometime". One or more of you need to step up and schedule some rides.
  10. bdesj

bdesj Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Pintro and Johnny!

??? The thread has been pretty active since that time (at least). No, not a whole lot of meet up scheduling, but floats between "pretty helpful" and "way helpful" when it comes to conditions and other ride related info. I can see how some folks might want to see more meet-up stuff, but personally, most of my riding is spur-of-the-moment and solo. I'm grateful for the info, like I just got. When bigger things pop up (winter storm damage in 2017 comes to mind) it's worth its weight in gold.
    Smackit likes this.
  11. HOTPASS

HOTPASS F*ck cancer.

Oddometer:
    Met up with a guy I used to work with who got a new triumph and cruised up monitor pass today.

It’s still my favorite stretch of road ever.

First time there on a bike without knobbies... it’s even more amazing. Despite totally roasting my rear tire hah.

8AF7FDAF-C6B2-4480-8A50-C61E4D4DF68F.jpeg
    JStory likes this.
  12. JStory

JStory Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    That stretch of Hwy 89 from the Hwy 4 junction to 395 is my all time favorite piece of road.

BTW, I'm in Dixon.
  13. bluegroove

bluegroove Motorcycle junkie

Oddometer:
    Anyone know a safe place to leave a truck for 3 days in the Truckee area?
  14. moosehog

moosehog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone riding this weekend. Looking to get out Sat or Sun AMs. Dirt or street, but prefer dirt. I’m on a 701.
  15. DualDawg

DualDawg Been here a while Supporter

Oddometer:
    OK, here goes. VERY LAST MINUTE, but headed out at 10:00-10:15 on on my 1190R from El Dorado Hills. Head to do a Truckee Loop via Salmon Falls to the American River confluence, through Foresthill to the 30ish miles of easy fire roads to Soda Springs, Donner Pass Rd to Truckee. LUNCH and then likely return 89 to 49 through Downieville back to Auburn. Shooting to be at the Worton's Market at 11am if anyone wants to join in for a nice ride. Intermediate rider. Will be mellow on the dirt since I don't have my knobbies on right now. I will check in here right before I leave and when I get to Worton's and Truckee in case anyone wants to jump in. CHEERS!
    Johnnyadv43 and Bobbles like this.
  16. Bobbles

Bobbles Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dang that sounds fun, I wish I'd been awake to see it before noon haha.
  17. chrislitt

chrislitt Drinking the Orange Kool-Aid Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anyone out there looking to get out for a ride? Nice weather for near future. Would like to explore off road with 790 but I'm completely ignorant of where to go. Any kind of riding, though, is fine. Can and will do single track with 350. Retired at end of June, have time but no riding mates with similar schedule. I'm so desperate I'm thinkin of starting a Stockton thread!
  18. Aviatorpa11

Aviatorpa11 n00b

Oddometer:
    Where are you located?
  19. chrislitt

Oddometer:
    Stockton. Are you in Pleasant Grove?
  20. chrislitt

Oddometer:
    Never mind on the riding, at least 790 style. Suspension is coming out today for rework. The three fitty is ready though!