Sacramento Riders Thread DS & ADV

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Parx400, Jan 16, 2012.

1. 2manyrides

2manyrides shifty charactor

Oddometer:
    opp's sorry...
    Well, we all know what an ohv is:deal DS/dirtbike:confused:scratch:doh
    I figured anyone interested, you guys up there/down here...would chime in.

But yeah, oh well, it was a blast for all of us.
    In this thread, through out the upcoming season,
    I'll post up ohv, street and DS rides were having. I'll be watchin' here for other's.
    Don't :snore another.

Anyone go to that paco's tacos vintage thing the last couple years up there in G/V?
  2. SierraJeep

SierraJeep It's toast

Oddometer:
    My mind was somewhere else, I guess. Technically, aside from bikes, OHVs also refer to Jeeps, 4x4s, and quads. And in the local paper (fish rap) OHVs in the Chalk Bluff region (an often controversial topic) usually refer to 4x4s.

On my last ride, I specified "big bikes" over the dual sports/dirt bikes because of the route I had planned. So when I saw you mentioned "OHVs" it threw me and I immediately focused on something else. No worries.

I would have enjoyed pulling the 450 out and taggin' along. Maybe next time?
  3. brieninsac

brieninsac Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Sacto Riders, I've got a new Kawasaki KLX205s and I'm looking for a good mechanic in the Sacramento area. I'd prefer not to take it to the dealership for future service needs.
  4. Adventure Trio

Adventure Trio Wandering

Oddometer:
    Call Mike Mette. 530-308-5501 and tell him Terry sent you. He has worked on all of our bikes and knows his stuff. He will come to you to do the work.

-Terry
  5. brieninsac

brieninsac Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does he work on Kawasaki's?
  6. SierraJeep

SierraJeep It's toast

Oddometer:
    Thinking about chancing the rain and suiting up for a ride to Roseville for some sushi at Izumi's. I think I could be there by 1:00 PM. Anyone?
  7. 2manyrides

Oddometer:
    No rain down here today...
    Never have eaten raw fish...I think I'll pass. Now if you said pizza and beer, you'd have sparked something!

We'll get together some day for a ride in the hills in your area???:deal
    IE bowman, washington, alegany, downieville type of thing???
    In fact the next ride I'm engineering is probally gonna be a dualsport 90/10, pavement/dirt. Looking at maybe next weekend. Plans not complete yet but I'm thinking from this here area we go up through camp far west, cut over including some McCourtney road or wildwood, 174 or or even lake of the pines, do a little N fork american, foresthill road and swing back on A/F road or salmon falls road. (the most likely scenario)
    However, one of my fellow riders has mentioned the ione, fiddletown roundabout. So that's why I say it's up in the air.
    I'll post once we're settled a bit more, and this depends on favorable weather.

Have you been to the paco's tacos vintage night? It's been a thursday night thing in G/V for the last 2 years in a row during the summer months.

John
    22many
  8. SierraJeep

SierraJeep It's toast

Oddometer:
    Well, today was a pre-ride for your trip next weekend as that was the way I came to Rocklin and went back...

This is the Waldo Road bridge crossing...

[​IMG]

This is Camp Far West...

[​IMG]

And Long Ravine Road...

[​IMG]

And finally, someone who was happy I I opted for fish today at lunch rather that something else. Hey, cows can dream about cool bikes, can't they?

[​IMG]

I've heard about it, but I've never gone. My friend Steve (StevefrmGV) goes occasionally.
  9. 2manyrides

Oddometer:
    Hey Todd,
    Glad to see you did get out today! I bet there was not a drop of rain...
    I didn't start a bike today, but did riding the 3 before.
    It's back to work darnit!

Did a couple trips through there in 2011.
    One was my buddy and me with our XS 650's goin 65 down those!:eek1

Then he got a DRZ supermoto style and I used my plated XR. That ride we went all the way through french corral, onta 49 up that road at indian valley to chimney rock trail where he balked at the single track!
    Down that dusty route to downieville and by the time we got to ridge road he'd had enough dirt so we didn't do the german bar thing and beat it back on the highway.

made a video of our journey here; With JAMMING JELLY the tune
    (it features 4 versions of it as performed by my band mates) :puke1

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DuHhcMZ8ztA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I take the photos, the unconventional video footage and my band's jam tunes to create the story of the ride...
    A way of documenting, sharing and remembering some of those "2manyrides"...
    This one starts a little boring but then we get to waldo, stop at oregon creek, ect...
    I didn't bring a mount for my camcorder so I did a hand held video...clutchless:evil
    The last entry on ridge road, a stop to take a leak. There after, it was 49,80, wave good bye at douglas and sierra college.
    My ass was sufficiantly aching from the gutz taller firmer seat!:lol3

My signature line has a link to my youtube page...
    Over 100 vid's, all motorcycle related! A gold mine in a small way:D

Anyway, thanks for the tacos heads-up. I have merely seen the ad's and by chance saw someone's vid of their trip there. If we have not hooked up by then maybe I can make that and we could meet.
    But we may be able to get to gether on one of these sac riders outings that I'm sure will pop up.
  10. Parx400

Parx400 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great weekend down in death valley. I ran into larryboy at marble bath. Soon as I get the caponord serviced I will plan a ride.

Glad to see the sac riders planning stuff. We were lacking a sac adv thread rul bad.
  11. Adventure Trio

Adventure Trio Wandering

Oddometer:

He works on everything. I misspelled his last name in my other post. Mike Metts. 916-308-5501

-Terry
  12. Ronin ADV

Ronin ADV Gear addict

Oddometer:
    Anyone up for a ride Thursday ( 23rd) ? I would prefer dirt / dual but could be talked into some twisties.

Dan

PS: backup plan would be Saturday
  13. Idle

Idle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dirt is good, when/where tomorrow?
  14. Ronin ADV

Ronin ADV Gear addict

Oddometer:
    You wanna go hit the trails at Foresthill? I'd be cool with doing mosquito ridge instead if you want to do twisty pavement. Or whatever else you got in mind. You make the call Trevor.

Dan
  15. Nytro

Nytro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bummer. I wish I could join.
    I have some buddies coming to town for a weekend of riding, so I need to spend the day making sure the bikes are all ready to go.
  16. Idle

Idle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Only if we take Iowa hill road at least on the way back. I've only rode it eastbound in the past.
  17. Ronin ADV

Ronin ADV Gear addict

Oddometer:
    Oh hell with the dirt. I'll take the Duc and we can go carve up some pavement. Iowa hill's good with me (just cant miss any of those corners going down that 15% grade or they'll be fishing you out of the North Fork of the American). Maybe Mosquito Ridge, foresthill, whatever. How about the same Foresthill exit Starbucks at 10:00?

Dan
  18. Hoologan

Hoologan Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    This is turning out to be a great thread Parx. If only we can get TT120 and Ridgerunner to pop in :)
  19. Idle

Idle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sound good, see you at 10:00, Trevor
  20. Hobbes950

Hobbes950 Darth Kitten Supporter

Oddometer:
    My bike is in pieces. Could take my hubbys GS, but then I wouldn't get anything done on mine. Have fun guys!