Sacramento Riders Thread DS & ADV

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Parx400, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Nytro

Nytro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ahhhhhh, Screw it! The bikes will be fine. I'd rather ride than change tires, etc.

I'll be there at 10.
  2. 2manyrides

2manyrides shifty charactor

Oddometer:
    Today's Sat...
    Looks like the weekend is gonna be good weather. I said I'd post up if I got a ride going. Still not sure on that, but I can tell ya now...
    It would be sunday if it happens. And yes, I'm still considering the route would be from roseville, north, then round and back through foothills and folsom.
  3. RocknTroll

RocknTroll Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Might be up for something along those lines, won't know till tonight.

I'll check back later
  4. Ronin ADV

Ronin ADV Gear addict

Oddometer:
    So I think Nytro was on that ride the other day. I just saw a couple huge wheelies then he was gone.

Great ride guys. I forgot how much fun paved rides can be. Thanks again to Steve and Trevor for waiting on my slow ass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dan
  5. Idle

Idle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep, a good ride. My map says we were at 5,000 feet where MRR was covered with snow.

Mosquito Ridge Rd

[​IMG]

Iowa Hill Rd

[​IMG]
  6. 2manyrides

Oddometer:
    RocknTroll...
    Good to see ya chime in on this...
    Like I said in the previous post it's not looking like it's coming together. And if so, what about a 1 week postponement?
    Like sunday march 10th?

Here's a better feel for what I had in mind.
    Meet at A+S or something. fydiment rd and such to get up to lincoln and mccourtney.
    Cut over on long valley and get to wolf road. cross 49 and get out to red dog. get over to colfax and down yankee jims to shirtail. Up to iowa hill road through sugar pine to finning mill road. Down to michigan bluff and Gorman ranch road out mosquito and foresthill to the confluence. through cool and back on salmon falls.

That kinda ride. Little bit's of dirt in there...
    Anyone in the sac val area interested?

Although I have a plated XR, and road bikes, I'm thinkin I'll take this...:eek1
    Street and dirt...

[​IMG]
  7. RocknTroll

RocknTroll Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a good route, ridin a GS, I'll keep an eye on this...
  8. SierraJeep

SierraJeep It's toast

Oddometer:
  9. 2manyrides

Oddometer:
    OK Todd, looks a good tour ya did!

You got it made being, "already up there".
  10. Nytro

Nytro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah, Good ride on Thursday Gents. A bit of twisty tarmac is always a hoot!

Looks like you had a good ride too SierraJeep.

I got a good dose of dirt too this weekend. A couple buddies from up north came down to do a tour of the fun stuff we have around here. Only problem is we found a lot of mud, and now I have three orange bike that are ten times more orange as they're covered in our wonderful clay mud from top to bottom! What a horrible problem....:clap

A couple pics from from Thursday on Mosquito Ridge[​IMG][​IMG]
  11. Hobbes950

Hobbes950 Darth Kitten Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice ride. I am gonna save that map. Speaking of which, did you ever get the GPS tracks of that ride we went on figured out? I was looking at some maps trying to figure it out. Seems funny to be able to get lost so close to home.
  12. SierraJeep

SierraJeep It's toast

Oddometer:
    No, I never got past the point of endless arguments with my GPS. On the GPS, I have saved the route (and can call up the route and see it on the screen). But on my computer when I try to download the route, all I get is a short line from Sierra Motor Sports up to some point near the Banner Lava Cap overcrossing. :hmmmmm

I am guessing the area you can't seem to find on the map is the part between Chalk Bluff Road (at Buckeye Road) and the Deer Creek Forebay. That's where I ventured off the main routes (that may show up on a Google map) and got onto the USFS roads. If you have one of their maps you may be able to find those routes. (But you may have to wait until spring now.)

The other part was from Relief Hill Road, where we turned north onto Snow Tent Road (and eventually hit the snow) and took that up to the Graniteville Road (that's where you got concerned about your fan not coming on). From there we went west to Durbeck Road and turned south and went back into the State Park and through the North Bloomfiled (a.k.a. Humbug) townsite.
  13. Southbark

Southbark Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello I am in elk grove here :freaky and just glad to see some people in sac on this board. I have a 2009 Kawasaki Versys and was lookin for someone to ride with in the area.
  14. Parx400

Parx400 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ya it is.
  15. dino2000

dino2000 No Bad Daze

Oddometer:
    OAK PARK.

Only one good dyno / tuning shop in town. Motorcycle Machining Specialities, Karl is the owners name. Tell him Dino sent you.

Parx, looking forward to seeing that Capo. Still trying to find a clean one for my street/touring bike. Getting rid of mine was a HUGE mistake. I have a set of stock mufflers hanging in my garage you are welcome to if you want them.
  16. Hobbes950

Hobbes950 Darth Kitten Supporter

Oddometer:
    To tell you the truth, most everything off of chalk bluff had me lost. I wasn't really paying attention, just following the guy ahead and trying to keep that bald tire steady through the muddy sections. Should have brought my GPS to keep tack. Oh well.
  17. SierraJeep

SierraJeep It's toast

Oddometer:
    Well, we can run that section (between You Bet and Highway 20) again some time when you have your GPS. You would never be expected to learn that area (with its 50 dozen roads and trails) after one partial crossing through the area.

Of course that will likely have to wait until after the snows melt and the days get longer.
  18. RedLeg

RedLeg Itchy and Burning

Oddometer:
    Btt
  19. jags650

jags650 n00b

Oddometer:
    one more rider from pollock pines tw200 , klr 650 , 1600 roadstar,- ride-on ! thanks ray
  20. Nytro

Nytro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey, J.Gordon. Cool to see another Super Enduro out there!

Hope you got the strap sorted on your bike.