1. Sacra-moto

Sacra-moto Spinning Odo in NorCal

Oddometer:
    Echo summit turned into a pass when they cut a road into the big rock...hehehe. :huh <chuckles><chuckle>

It's got to be looking really colorful up on 88 & 89 now. Hopefully these winds didn't blow everything off the trees already. I love slabbing all those roads up there. I've been wanting to get back into the dirt for awhile...it's been to long.

Looks like a lot ADV riders around the area....cool ! I hope to get a ride soon & hook up sometime and make tracks with other Knorklefolks :D

Laters.</chuckle></chuckles>
  2. cammyontheback

cammyontheback ADV'ers

Oddometer:
    Cool!

I understand there is snow/ice up on the passes now, but I think is going to heat up again. There's you wx report. HA!

Welcome

Mark
  3. ~AJ~

~AJ~ Adventure pooper

Oddometer:
    Any of you guys still getting together? I'm looking to do some local one day rides.
  4. Farmer1949

Farmer1949 Out standing in his field

Oddometer:
    I'm looking forward to some day rides....weekdays also possible.....lets plan one....

What about 88 to Salt Springs Reservior and south to Highway 4? Probably run into snow not too far up 88.....Or super short Dillard to Meiss and Latrobe gravel? Or maybe just a nice luch run to ????? I gotta work up to the Oregon Back Country Discovery Route somehow:ear
  5. ~AJ~

~AJ~ Adventure pooper

Oddometer:
    I've done 88 to salt springs before (if you are talking about the paved road) and it's a good one. Another fun one is Tiger creek to salt springs. Mostly dirt but very well groomed. I have never made it over to hwy 4 from the that area though and have always wanted to. I was up in Pipi last week and hit a few patches of snow on the trails so I am pretty sure we could do a bit if riding and not have to worry about it too much. I don't think I have much going on the weekend of the 25th so maybe then?
  6. Farmer1949

Oddometer:
    I have never made it to 4 either...Tiger Creek is nice once but I'd rather go something like 88 to Ellis Road-Salt Creek and on to 4 or until we want to turn around....There are some tracks here in the GPS section that look like they'll go all the way to 4 using FS roads ...I'll start seeing about a route that we can discuss......In a couple more weeks I'd guess snow shouldn't be an issue if we have "normal weather"....I rode PiPi in Nov and the "never dry out" corners really are something I'd care not to repeat.....Maybe a weekday would be better than a weekend? I'm fairly flexible with work for the next 6 weeks....:ear
  7. ~AJ~

~AJ~ Adventure pooper

Oddometer:
    Well, I have Mondays off of work (but not the 27th) so we can do a ride then. I like riding that whole area so Ellis road works fine for me. Let me know what you come up with. Hopefully we can get a few people and make a good day ride.

As for Mondays, I can do the 20th or this Monday, the 13th. Short notice but my bike is ready. Let me know what dates work for you. I can't do much in May. I am leaving on the 16th for Moab and will be gone for 2 and a half weeks and the first weekend of May is a coast ride with some friends.
  8. Farmer1949

Oddometer:
    I'll work on a route and let you know. This monday (13th) is out for me with farming duties....Next weekend or the 20th works for me...Let's give it a couple of days to see if others chime in and if not we could start a seperate post...Once I have the route done I'll post the specifics....Sounds like your May is going to be really fun....
  9. RockyRaccoon

RockyRaccoon Found:Gideon's Bible

Oddometer:
    It's not too difficult.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you run into snow on the Hwy 4 side (which I suspect you will), you can always exit the area via Winton Road and West Point.
  10. ~AJ~

~AJ~ Adventure pooper

Oddometer:
    Good to know. Looks like a fun road. The 20th sounds great. Hopefully some others will join.
  11. heetseeker

heetseeker Hopelessly addicted

Oddometer:
    Looks like a fun ride. (is there one that isn't?) But i'm working on the 13th....let me know how it goes....It's DS riding season!
  12. ~AJ~

~AJ~ Adventure pooper

Oddometer:
    You open on the 20th? That's when it looks like we will be going out.
  13. Farmer1949

Oddometer:
    I was looking at my maps and Ellis Road/Highway 88 is at 6,500' elevation. So I called the ranger station in Pioneer and was told Ellis Road is closed due to snow. She said we could go in on Tiger Creek but would probably have to turn around at some point. A month from now this will be good..... I know, I'm lame for not wanting a real Adventure.....

So what is Plan B? :ear
  14. ~AJ~

~AJ~ Adventure pooper

Oddometer:
    phone call..... that's a good idea.

Well, I went for the adventure and did a little pre-running today and your right, tiger creek is the only way in and out for now. Next month should be good. You can make it all the way up to Salt Springs Reservoir though and it is beautiful. As far as a plan b, I'll do some looking around and see what I can find. All ideas are welcome. :ear

I brought lunch with me. PB&J with a side of...
    [​IMG]

view :D
    [​IMG]
  15. ~AJ~

~AJ~ Adventure pooper

Oddometer:
  16. Farmer1949

Oddometer:
    Tiger Creek looks like it was fun with Salt Springs as your destination.....great pictures......This weekend is supposed to be in the 80's so even an all paved route would be acceptable.....104 to 49 down to Angles Camp or to Jamestown....or we could make a loop out in the Delta......I really prefer nontwisties, more open Road type runs.....Any known gravel/logging roads BELOW the snow? :ear
  17. Quacked

Quacked Loose Head Bolt

Oddometer:
    Just south of Sac. (Does that make me an Asshole?)
    Hi Farmer! Long time to type. I'm in for a Monday the 20th ride. Twisties, dirt, mountains, delta, whatever... As long as it's GS'able.
  18. ~AJ~

~AJ~ Adventure pooper

Oddometer:
    As for lower elevation roads, I'm not too familiar with any. Anybody have some good loops we can take? I will try looking in the layin down tracks section.
  19. cammyontheback

cammyontheback ADV'ers

Oddometer:
    bump
  20. bluegroove

bluegroove Motorcycle junkie

Oddometer:
    I started another Sacramento thread last week because I had not found this. So now I'm migrating over here. Here's my intro.

I'm in Sac, like to ride the Sierras, the coastal mtns, etc. I've been riding dirt and street for 34 yrs. I recently picked up a KTM640 and I'm looking for some ADV buddies to ride with.

Ultimately I want to do some multi-day trips across NV, etc. But we don't have to be that ambitious at first. I don't have the luggage yet anyway.

I can't do this Monday, but I'd be up for future rides. I'm gonna do the GCDS ride on Saturday 4/18.