1. ~AJ~

~AJ~ Adventure pooper

Oddometer:
    Well crap, I don't think my back is going to let me ride this Monday. If somebody does a search for sac area rides in layin down tracks, a couple will come up. Nothing I have ever done so I can't comment on them. If nothing happens this Monday, then maybe the next weekend?
  2. Turbocelica

Turbocelica Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm out of town this weekend but I really need to get out and ride more often so I'll be keeping an eye out here. Hope to join up sometime with whom ever else is out riding.

Justin
  3. Farmer1949

Farmer1949 Out standing in his field

Oddometer:
    I'm out for Monday also...I have appraisal work...Sooooo for this Sat or Sunday (4/18 or 4/19) who wants to go?
    I'm thinking pretty much a road ride...A) Delta loop or B) Galt to Jackson to Jamestown or C) Milton Road Down to the La Grange area

Post up if ya wanna go...I'm thinking leaving 9-10 from Galt, lunch along the way...I've ridden all of these and this time of year they are great.....Let me know....:ear
  4. Quacked

Quacked Loose Head Bolt

Oddometer:
    Just south of Sac. (Does that make me an Asshole?)
    I'm out for the weekend. But I will probably make a run up through the foothills and through the Auburn area on Monday. If anyone else wants in just let me know.
  5. cammyontheback

cammyontheback ADV'ers

Oddometer:
    I'm gone until monday 4/20.
    After monday a ride would be great!

Mark
  6. motofishman

motofishman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I guess I'm noob to Advrider, been lookin for the right place to be. Trying to find like minded riders around the greater Sacramento area. I ride a weestrom and a Suzuki Bandit on the street, some dirt withm the strom. Ride a crf450 and ct90 in the dirt. Working on obtaining a dirt biased duel sport. Work in Folsom, live near Auburn. Like to ride lots of serpentine on road and off. Usually spend my riding time from Yosemite and north in the Sierras. Like to tag along sometime, how do I work that out?

thanks, the fishman
  7. JimE

JimE KiLR650

Oddometer:
    Hello Sac Area Riders:

I was planning a trip down from Idaho to visit family in Dixon and wanted to sneek in an overnighter to the coast and do some exploring of the fireroads above Clear Lake.

The general route I am planning is I-505/Hwy 16 out of Madison to Hwy 20 then start dirt up around Indian Valley Res to Lake Pillsbury, continue North to town of Covelo then pavement over to the coast and camp around Westport. Then next day would be pavement down Hwy 1 to Fish Rock Road, over to Hwy 128 and basically take that back around Lake Berryessa to Winters/Dixon.

I have done street around Berryessa before, but my questions "for the locals" are as follows:

Any feedback on the dirt route between Indian Valley Res and Lake Pillsbury. I would guess the snow would be gone by early May? Also looks like a lot of gates :cry according to the California Benchmark Map book, but also looks like you can still make it on a couple of routes without hitting a locked gate?

Any suggestions/feedback on campgrounds in the Westport area? I was just thinking of the one at Westport Union State Beach since the one at Wages Creek Beach looks like a 2 night min stay and I would only be there one night.

Any other must see stops on this general route?:ear

Thanks for any feedback you may have on this area. If its easier, you can PM me with details.

Jim.
  8. bluegroove

bluegroove Motorcycle junkie

Oddometer:
    hey don't PM, I wanna hear about that route too!
  9. cammyontheback

cammyontheback ADV'ers

Oddometer:
    fishman,
    this is a great thread for just what your trying to do. Say when and where and you'll likely get company.
    also, check out GCDSR.com for local, mild, rides and folks
    Mark
  10. chrisBTSC

chrisBTSC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey mark!

We need to ride again. It's been awhile.
  11. motofishman

motofishman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Last chance to ride free before all the crazies head into the mountains for the summer! Ride and CAMP and a little fly fishing! Projected launch time Friday May 15th in the am (flexible), return home Sunday May 17th am. Hopefully someone wants to tag along, everyone is welcome, pace is moderate to fast - but I'm easy. I am fully self contained for most situations, ride a weestrom. Any advice on points of interest or side roads or dirt roads or long/high jumps over rivers? I am happy to ride 500 miles a day or wander slowly down dirt roads for less than a 100 miles to see something cool. Except for gettin home have no time table or pace to keep whatever makes for happiness.

Probable rout: Hwy 49 from Auburn to P'ville
    Hiway 50 east to 89 south
    89 south to 88 west
    undecided route on west side of Sierras over to Hwy 4 east
    4 east to 89 south
    89 south to 395 south
    395 South to 108 west
    108 west to 49 south
    49 south to 120 east
    then wander around Yosemite
    Sunday smoke it back home to momma!

thanks for any interest or advice, Tom
  12. cammyontheback

cammyontheback ADV'ers

Oddometer:

Great post. Gett'er done!
    I think I'm workin', and another friend is trying to get me to the RawHyde ADV Challenge thingy.
    I do ride, camp and Fly fish though!
    I'll see what I can do. Probability at this time is prolly 20%.
    Otherwise, have a great time!
    Mark
  13. Papi Long Legs

Papi Long Legs You guys crack me up...

Oddometer:
    If you're bored and wanna ride clap your hands...clap-clap...
    I am in South Sac and plane a ride up in Mendocino NF, leaving tomorrow.
    Any taker?
  14. Farmer1949

Farmer1949 Out standing in his field

Oddometer:
    can't make it tomorrow...Seems like there are enough Galt/Herald based riders we surley can put together a ride or two this year...we just have to conquer that working for a living problem....Have a great time...
  15. cammyontheback

cammyontheback ADV'ers

Oddometer:
    If my memory serves me right, weren't you going to move to Japan?
    Do you still have the cleanest DR400 in the world?

We should ride....:clap

Mark
  16. chrisBTSC

chrisBTSC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I went on business to Japan....

Yes I have the clean DRZ400...

It does get dirty, I have proof....

[​IMG]

But it gets really clean then....

[​IMG]
  17. bluegroove

Oddometer:
    I found this on the map. I'm thinking of riding up Knoxville rd. This route coming in from 16 looks like fun dirt over the hills, but I don't know if it's accessible. Like locked gates, private prop, etc.
    Anyone tried it? I drew in a crude route because it wouldn't show the whole thing at this scale. It's the green line. Google earth shows it well.

[​IMG]
  18. kluts

kluts The Lost Tourguide

Oddometer:
    It might be gated, but a friend suggested this road too last year. Let me check and post back.
  19. Davis53

Davis53 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I rode it a few weeks ago from the North side of Berryessa going south. There is a locked gate about two miles south of the tip of the lake. It is a gravel road.
  20. bluegroove

Oddometer:
    blast! no way around it I guess? I keep finding stuff on maps that looks good, then find out it's closed... :cry