Sacramento Rough Riders

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Jking, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Jking

Jking It's just a bike

Oddometer:
    I met a rider from this group on Sunday out on old Latrobe. I can't find your link or E-mail. Looking for more info on ride dates.

Jerry King
  2. PASSMORE

PASSMORE Just the last name...

Oddometer:
    Pm or email Luv2Lean, he generally sounds the call for rides and he will put you on the email list...

M
  3. luv2lean

luv2lean not lost til out of gas

Oddometer:
    Hey Jerry,
    I sent you an email. Watch this forum and/or ride planning for updates on future ride dates of the Sacramento Rough Road Riders. A search under Sacramento Rough Road Riders or Sac RRRiders should provide some info on past rides.
    L2L
  4. KillerPriller

KillerPriller Long timer

Oddometer:

FYI - you may want to be very clear about making the distinction between Ruff Ryders (RR) and Rough Road Riders(RRR). Ever see the movie "biker boyz"?

www.ruffryders.com or WWW.RUFFRYDERSWESTCOAST.COM
  5. YakSpout

YakSpout Obstacle Allusion Supporter

Oddometer:

Definitely true. The SoCal RR guys sponsor a "parade" every year that draws a couple hundred sport bikes decked out in the latest bling. The CHP closes down the freeway "unofficially" and then they slowly snake their way to the coast. I do my best to avoid riding on their route or through the Santa Monica Mountains that day. Too many guys pulling stunts in tight quarters (surrounded by other bikes on a jammed freeway) and entering turns hotter than their skills allow.

From what I understand, the Sacramento group's bikes only head off-road when the rider plans to do so.
  6. sacto929

sacto929 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mostly true.... We did lose one guy on a GS in the fog and drizzle along Old Latrobe at the start of our first ride last January. Luckily he dumped it on the shoulder berm before reaching the barbed wire.... :eek1 Did anyone ever get in touch with him again? :ear
  7. luv2lean

Oddometer:
    Sounds like we may be the polar opposites of the Ruff Riders, as far as motorcycling goes, cause we're definitely not cruisin the hood - or any slabs if we can avoid it. As for unplanned off road excursions, anybody heard from KTMNate lately??

Sac929 - After a couple of emails never heard back from Bill(??) of Valley Springs on his mishap last January on Latrobe Rd.
  8. sacto929

Oddometer:
    Now with KTMNate, is it really off-road, or more a matter of wrong road.... :rofl
  9. thebeeez

thebeeez Foothill Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Must have been me...4 broken ribs - ouch. Still riding. Picked up an R80G/S and always riding weekends anywhere I find interesting .. off roads at Monitor, Italian Bar, Summit Level Rd. etc. etc. May join up with you guys again when you have your next ride(s).
  10. sacto929

Oddometer:

Oh damn! I'm glad that you've healed up! :thumb Definitely join up with us again. It's always an adventure...especially trying to keep KTMNate with the group. :wink:
  11. luv2lean

Oddometer:
    Ouch is right! But good to hear you made it home and are now back in the saddle!
  12. PhatS1

PhatS1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Spoke to KTMNate just after 10/02 Reno Supermotard. His bikes were down for mechanical reasons. Also, since his wife got a Duc 620, they ride together when nate has the chance. But, Nate did tell me he changed jobs and now has Fridays off. I can usually swing a friday ride and LTL has a flexible schedule as I understand it. how about some Friday stuff - less traffic. Will probably ride down to the International Motorcycle in San Mateo weekend after n ext on Sat. Anyone going? Dan
  13. sacto929

Oddometer:
    Good to hear from you, Dan. I too have every other Friday off, but this past couple of months have been really busy.... The way the schedule works out for December, i only have to work one Friday. :thumb

I am planning on going down to San Mateo on Saturday, but I'm not sure whether I'll ride or not. I'll keep an eye on here as we get closer....
  14. PASSMORE

Oddometer:
    Fridays usually work for me fellas...

M
  15. Bob

Bob Formerly H20Pumper

Oddometer:
    Do you have info or a link on the San Mateo International??
    Thanks
    Bob
  16. Ostrich

Ostrich Jaded and Happy

Oddometer:
    Could you make the distinction clearer? I looked at both pages and it looked pretty similiar to me. :dunno
  17. dino2000

dino2000 No Bad Daze

Oddometer:
    Hey Dan, Give me a call and let me know what's up w/ the ride to San Mateo. I'm game for ridin' rain or shine. Hey Charlie, long tome no hear. Glad to hear Bill is back on the bike.
    Dino
  18. PASSMORE

Oddometer:
    When ya goin' - I am game too (depending on the date)!

Keep me in the loop Dino...

M

19. dino2000

dino2000 No Bad Daze

Oddometer:
    Show is Nov. 5,6,7. 6 is a Saturday, probably best for me. Friday is a firm Maybe. Anyone?
  20. PASSMORE

Oddometer:
    Looks fine to me at this point either Saturday or Friday (less crowd on Friday?). How about tickets Dino?

M