Sacramento RRRiders May events

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by luv2lean, Apr 28, 2004.

1. luv2lean

luv2lean not lost til out of gas

Oddometer:
    Anybody got any ride plans or ideas for May?
    If so, this is the place to toss out some ideas.

It's starting to dry out and get dusty, so unless we get some rain (in which case we should all call in sick) my group riding plans may fade a bit during the summer. I'd like to do the Soda Springs Rd (and back on Henness Pass if we make good time) when the snow clears, but that "May" not be doable yet.
    Rayhouse Road in Yolo County just opened and theres plenty of dirt in Lake County. What about an overniter to expand our ride range???

Don't forget the RCB GS ride and clinic on 5-8-04 (see more under upcoming events forum on this site or RCB news). The 49r rally is on memorial day weekend (5/29-5/31). A ride to the lost coast is in the making by Santa on this site for that same weekend. It looks like a good route and I may be in for that one.
  2. sacto929

sacto929 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    How's the 15th for a Sac RRR ride? SacWife and I are going to Maui from the 22nd through the 29th, and I'd really like to get one more in before we go. :evil Even if we make it more of an exploratory ride, there are lots of roads around Columbia and Sonora that would do the job quite well.... :thumb
  3. luv2lean

Oddometer:
    Sonora areas a little far for the thumper ride Dino's been looking for, but there are a lot of dirt roads down there (swiss ranch, FS52, italian bar ???)
  4. PASSMORE

PASSMORE Just the last name...

Oddometer:
    If it is a thumper ride, I would more than likely be up for the 15th (or calling in sick too!).

Michael
  5. dino2000

dino2000 No Bad Daze

Oddometer:
    Thumpity Thump Thump! Went riding in a slightly ill eagle spot on Sunday morning. This little bike is a kick in the ass. I'm up for the 15th. Wife and I are helping out w/ our fleets regatta all weekend on the 22 and Memorial is spoken for.
  6. dino2000

dino2000 No Bad Daze

Oddometer:
    What happened to this T-ride? Are we still on for Sat. ? I told wifey we were riding all day so I could ditch some of her annoying freinds from high school that will be invading my house. Help me out guys!!!!!!! :(:
  7. luv2lean

Oddometer:
    I'm still working on this weekend. Mrs L2L is making noise about going somewhere this weekend, but I still may be able to work something out for Saturday. Possibly a thumper ride out towards Georgetown or Grizzly again? Sonora would prolly be a 300 mile day and a long haul on the thumpers. It was real dusty last weekend. Looks like they may have got some rain in the higher elevations this morning, which makes me wanna go tomorrow! If anybody is up for tomorrow send me an email soon. Its gonna be dusty this weekend!
  8. sacto929

Oddometer:
    I've got too much going on at work to bail during the week...damn. :cry But I'm still up for Saturday! :wink:

How about a thumper version of the ride that I missed due to mechanical? Or, the segment of Western States Trail? The Grizzly Flat area is good too....
  9. luv2lean

Oddometer:
    OK, I'm clear to go on Saturday. As far as ride planning go, here's my dilemma. RRRiders have expressed interest in a Thumper ride and I'm ready to ride my XR too. We could redo some of the earlier RRRides like Grizzly Flat area or Georgetown area and prolly mix in some alternate routes or trail. Or we could do a ride not on the 04 RRRiders list yet - the north fork american river canyon crossings between 80 and foresthill divide with some exploration in the afternoon.

On the other hand, an exploration ride to the higher elevation, like Bowman Lake area is looking more attractive to me cause the snow is melting and they got 1/2 inch of rain yesterday in Blue Canyon which may cut down on the dust for this weekend, at least in the shade. This may or may not be a through loop due to snow, but definitely an adventure. The higher elevation is farther away, involving more hiway and i would choose the GS for that ride. Or --- that one can go back in the bag for later--------.

Dino, Charlie, Nater, RRRiders give me some feedback. I'll go with the majority and post a plan in the next day or 2. We'll meet at either Coffee Republic or McD's on Sierra College, depending on where we go. In any case i'd like to get an early start on Saturday. Is 0700 too early?
  10. dino2000

dino2000 No Bad Daze

Oddometer:
    Grizzly Flat / Georgetown.
    Wife is planning a BBQ for some friends, gotta be home by five. Probaly bring the bike up to meeting spot on the back of the burb to save time @ the end of the day. 700a nis o.k. by me.
    Dino :hair
  11. sacto929

Oddometer:
    I've got some bad news guys.... I gleefully told the wife about the ride on Saturday, and she reminded me that it's the last full weekend before we're leaving and that there's stuff to do. Soooo, I'm out. :cry Sorry to bail.

You guys have fun, and I'll be looking forward to some good pics, and to our June ride. Let's shoot for the 12th or 26th on that one.... :thumb
  12. luv2lean

Oddometer:
    Alrighty then, a thumpin we will go.
    Let's plan on leaving from Coffee Republic in Folsom by 0730 on Saturday 5-15 and heading towards Grizzly Flat the back way. Bring a lunch. I'll post a notice under "upcoming events".
  13. dino2000

dino2000 No Bad Daze

Oddometer:
    Proposal. I can drive the suburban up to G-Flat, following the crew from Coffee Republic carrying lunches and any other gear(GAS!!). We can park somewhere central so we can get back to it for lunch and or re-fueling if need be. Whaddaya think?
    Dino :wink:
  14. luv2lean

Oddometer:
    Dino, I sent you an email.
    The status of the 5-15 RRRRide is starting to look a little shaky. If anybody is planning to attend please respond. Dont pack yet and check back for updates--------
  15. luv2lean

Oddometer:
    The 5-15-04 thumper RRRRide is cancelled for lack of interest.

But we're still RRRiding saturday 5-15-04. The plan is to explore the Bowman lake area near hwy 20 and 80 for snow conditions and to get there via Lowell hill rd north of 80. If there's not too much snow we'll come back on Graniteville rd through Grass Valley. Some hwy and lots of dirt. We may get turned around by snow, we may get lost, but it'll definitely be an adventure.

I can meet anybody who wants to go at McDonalds in Rocklin just north of the sierra college and hwy 80 intersection at 0730 or farther up 80 if that's more convenient for you. Send me an email if you plan to RRRide.
  16. luv2lean

Oddometer:
    Wow! The Bowman Lake ride was REALLY good. Maybe the best Sac RRRide of the year - even though I broke my rear shock!

We had a 3 pm Dino curfew so only had time for a few pics. I'll try to post a couple later with a mini ride report.