Sad BMW owner

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat: New Member Introductions' started by owenb, Apr 12, 2019.

1. GR8ADV

GR8ADV Safety Second!

Oddometer:
    Damn I had totally forgotten I had to tether my mirrors on the LT. too funny.
  2. hurricanemax

hurricanemax open spaces in fringe of Gobi, Mongolia

Oddometer:
    HAHAHAH... Yeah. Better the lid than the whole pannier. A buddy's left pannier snapped off and rolled 1000m down a deep, dark ravine in Northern Thailand. Since it was too dangerous to go down, He lost all his clothes and some. Yes, a bmw gs1200 pannier.
  3. eatpasta

eatpasta Lawnmower Target

Oddometer:
    thats a bummer for sure....

I was riding along on slab minding my own business when I felt the balance of the bike change. it was weirdest feeling - so I looked in my mirror and to my horror there was my Zega box, making a lane change

:lol3

I pulled over as fast as I could and walked onto the freeway to grab the box. Thank god it didnt cause an accident or anything.
  4. ballisticexchris

ballisticexchris Long timer

Oddometer:
    Get rid of those piece of junk leg breakers and slap on a set of Mosko Moto soft bags. Problem solved.
  5. doobyknobby

doobyknobby Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    One of many bits of advice Wayne at SouthSound BMW showed me was to lock that forward opening latch and only, only open the pannier from the rear, for reasons it seems are told here.
  6. Rider351

Rider351 Dude Supporter

Oddometer:
    Same happened to me. I found a pair of older Zega's with my lid on eBay...all was fine. In the meantime I made a lid out of wood and painted it aluminum color...worked great with ROK strap configuration. Wood is a simple and classy and cheap solution. GS's like wood
  7. Roaddawg

Roaddawg MotoLoco

Oddometer:
    So did you solved your problem? I have a lid which I found, a few years ago. It's a bit banged up but you could make usable. Let me know by PM.
  8. Mobiker

Mobiker Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    :lol2