saddleback ... before open gates

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by inte, Oct 21, 2003.

1. inte

inte neophyte serendipity

Oddometer:
    photos from this past winter - headed out from huntington beach to Saddleback, but the gates weren't open (?) - had a roll of TMAX in the camera & the lab cooked it, but there's still are couple decent shots. this was just after a rain & everything was amazingly green - rivers that are normally dry were 3' deep.

santiago rd.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this was just off blackstar - this creek was at least a couple feet deep & moving!

[​IMG]
    looking the other way from the same spot - toward the road - cool view for being minutes from the city...
    [​IMG]

little further down the same road...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

these are a few photos from the neighborhoods around the entrance to silverado & modjeska - check out the creeks!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

offbeat trail at the entrance to the road that heads off to holy jim - if you keep going up the road (from the bridge you see in the pic) it makes a couple hairpin turns & then a hard right at the crest - go around the K-rail on the opposite side of the road & there's this trail that drops down to the dirt ... photos of the bottom to follow.

keep in mind this was shot with a 28mm, so you're seeing the clearing at the top & it's a lot steeper than it looks. the bottom has a log barrier and a fence - the gap between the two was just big enough for my LC4.
    [​IMG]

this was a the bottom
    [​IMG]

thought this was a puddle - it was almost as deep as my wheels.
    [​IMG]

this is mountain bike country - whiting ranch is in the background
    [​IMG]

one of the tributary rivers to irvine lake - these are shot from santiago rd
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ran into the coast guard doing excersies near the blackstar gate
    [​IMG]
  2. fixer

fixer KLR-riding cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    what, nobody develops & prints their own B&W any more? :rolleyes

what camera were you using?
  3. inte

inte neophyte serendipity

Oddometer:
    actually I do a lot of printing in my darkroom, but only when the client wants it. most of the b/w images on my site were processed in the darkroom here. the past couple years I've been almost exclusively digital.

http://jbsmultimedia.net

I was shooting with a Canon AE-1 (non-program). much of the time for moto stuff, I'll bring my old AE-1 - much tougher (and FAR less expensive) than my digital rigs ... not nearly as tough as my F5, but much lighter.
  4. Ostrich

Ostrich Jaded and Happy

Oddometer:
    That was cool reading a ride report in BW. :nod