Saint Petersburg Area riders

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by adriannzinha, Feb 24, 2015.

1. jeepgeek2002

jeepgeek2002 Long timer

Oddometer:
    wow a St Pete group.... imagine that... i lived the longest time in Bradenton when i had my DR350 but when i visit i never bring my bikes down because i never thought anyone was "here"
  2. twowheeledgator

twowheeledgator Dork

Oddometer:
    So the black GS with the beakectomy is mine. The Triumph is my son. The V-Strom is a co worker. He bought the Strom about 6 months, first bike. Furthest he has been on it is Boy Scout/Patterson Roads. He was so afraid to go too far for fear of being uncomfortable and he thought a 650 would not be enough motor for higher speeds. After months of working on him I convinced him to cross the bridge and ride some country roads. It was a good ride and now he wants to go again.
    I have a jacked up work schedule and normally work weekends so I tend to be a week day traveler. Easier to find campsites in the middle of the week too.
  3. Elle2Konsai

Elle2Konsai Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wait, he thought the 650 wouldn't be enough for higher speeds? Clearly you have the patience of a saint doing the motorcycle God's work here with him :)

Next up, going over the skyway!

Would be interesting to get a group going as there are certainly enough of us.
  4. twowheeledgator

twowheeledgator Dork

Oddometer:
    We went Skyway to 75 south. 301 north. 62 east. 17 north. Came back west out of Ft Meade back roads. Back to 62.
    Let’s get thanksgiving behind us and plan a ride.
  5. pro69ss

pro69ss Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I ride a lot on weekends, just street for now ( no off road bike ) . Usually at a fast pace , damn Tuono don’t know slow ! Might go out for a short ride tomorrow am .
  6. twowheeledgator

twowheeledgator Dork

Oddometer:
    The WeeStrom and I on the GS may ride Wednesday. Stop at Eurocycles and maybe test ride something. Head up through LOL to somewhere around Brooksville. Eat somewhere. Head home. Departing time is up in the air right now but maybe 9:00ish.
  7. Elle2Konsai

Oddometer:
    As you sample some interesting new Ducati biscotti, I'll be enduring my 3rd or 4th meeting of the morning by then.

Enjoy the ride, wish I wasn't working but the bills won't pay themselves much as i've tried.
  8. twowheeledgator

twowheeledgator Dork

Oddometer:
    My co-worker is curious about the GS and I since I already have an old GS I am curious about an RT.
    as for a Ducati holy crap I would love one. But, unfortunately, I cannot justify one. In reality I can’t justify two of the bikes I currently own.

Have loads of fun with those meetings.
  9. Elle2Konsai

Oddometer:
    How was the ride or should I say, how is the ride? :)

4 meetings down, 2 more to go. I sometimes wonder how we get anything done but that's best left for another post.

Did any of you ride this past Sunday? It was ridiculously foggy around the backroads of Hillsborough and I almost felt like a windshield wiper was in order given how hard it was to see. Makes deer a.m. even more interesting...

Think I may have seen @Olderslowerguy up in Brooksville rocking a sweet looking XR the other day.

Attached Files:

10. twowheeledgator

twowheeledgator Dork

Oddometer:
    That is some nasty fog fosho.
    Well, we went to Euro Cycles and test rode a new shift cam GS and RT. I can’t believe how much power these have. Amazing bikes. We rode Patterson/Crowley/Boy Scout and then hit the Veterans to FL52 where we swapped, turned around and repeated.
    My friend spoke with the salesman about a few used bikes, crunched numbers and in the end rode his WeeStrom out. We had some BBQ at Tarpon Springs Rd and headed home.
    He rode some other bikes and then ST Pete Powersports called him about a nice, low mileage RT and now he is firmly entrenched in the BMW world.
    My wife and I were going to ride down to Hardee County to camp but could not fit all the gear on my GS so we just drove the car. Nice time and a good place for camping.
  11. twowheeledgator

twowheeledgator Dork

Oddometer:
    C29E2E6C-1A7D-4258-B161-B6AB16AE13D4.jpeg 528B6078-942F-4945-B15E-CB3AC06CC814.jpeg 53F40088-98B0-4503-8FE9-89759311B62A.jpeg 2719A892-B6C3-4B69-8CD4-342FCA4EF5C6.jpeg
    My friend traded his Wee-Strom for an R1200RT. I was shocked. He has had it for a few weeks but we have not been able to ride together. Today we headed out. Crossed the Skyway and then over to Southern Polk for some BBQ. Pretty good BBQ and pretty good riding.
    He returned and I kept heading east. Through Yehaw Junction where someone drove a tractor trailer through the front of the hotel (insert Garth Brooks-Mammas in the graveyard and papas in the pen). Fortunately it has been closed for some time. Up through the middle of the Deseret Ranch to Brevard County. I put new flowers on my grandparents grave and took care of a few other odds and ends and then returned home. 428 Miles in all. If you zoom in on the Indian River pic you can see the KSC VRB
    Elle2Konsai likes this.
  12. Elle2Konsai

Oddometer:
    @twowheeledgator Epic ride! You got some miles in there too.

Indeed surprising to hear about your buddy going Euro. I think it can be sometimes hard to remember what it was like when you started riding...what was hard, what was easy, and what you thought you liked vs well, what you ended up liking.

Looks like you had better weather there than we had here yesterday...it's been crappy most of the week and today looks to be a repeat.

Crazy story about the hotel...can you imagine what the footage would look like if that had been on CCTV?
  13. twowheeledgator

twowheeledgator Dork

Oddometer:
    It was a great day. As for going euro I think a big part was ditching the chain and associated maintenance. I really thought he would go the GS route though. But St Pete Powersports had the RT come in and they offered him a great deal on it.
    Weather was pretty good. I came back blasting down BeeLine Expressway to 417 to I-4. Some light rain and a lot of clouds in the center and west part of the state but in Brevard it was actually hot. I also had some traffic issues at the normal I-4/Disney. Had to shoulder surf to keep from overheating when the road reduced from 6 to 3 lanes. Only government could have that kind of oversight. Good day over all. I really needed it. Probably last day of good riding for a few weeks due to travel plans.
    Elle2Konsai likes this.