Sale to Jindabyne & return loop,Vic / NSW alps.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by agent86pc, Dec 5, 2018 at 3:37 PM.

1. agent86pc

agent86pc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Done this loop before but never wrote about it, nice weather for riding yesterday but after a late start headed off from my base near Sale onto the back road to Bairnsdale to meet fellow rider at BP servo . We both fueled up our our bikes, my 2016 1290 SA KTM & his 2014 1190 R KTM. LEFT Bairnsdale at 10:00 am & rode through Bruthen following the road to Buchan, continue heading north towards Gelantipy & onto the unsealed section of the Barry way approximately 100 KMs long, bit rough & loose in sections with nice camp sets aplenty along the river, all the way to Jindabyne across the border in NSW, lunch & fuel. Then headed east I guess to Tallengatta more fuel & leave approximately 5:30 pm heading through Mitta Mitta , past blue duck, & finally Omeo & back down to Bairnsdale where the 1190 was thirsty so fuel for it & finally home @ about 9:30. Just under 1000kms travelled on all surfaces with very little straight road sections, tired but content.