Same as it ever was...chasing the horizon south

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Misery Goat, May 23, 2010.

1. dwj - Donnie

dwj - Donnie Long timer

Oddometer:
    North Carrollton, MS - Traveling on the Moto
    Thanks for one of the greatest RRs of all time! :clap:clap:clap
  2. SS in Vzla.

SS in Vzla. Totally Normal? I'm not!

Oddometer:
    That's a great pic! even if there are no Bolivian Landscapes in it... you and the bike are back home safely and (more or less) in one piece! Felicitaciones amigo.

Now get down to writing, we want to read the rest of the story :D
  3. scout57

scout57 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You and the Bike look like you could go another round......

I don't know about the trailer.....

We all look forward to the next Adventure Ride !

stay safe Amigo......
  4. Patrol

Patrol VALE 46!

Oddometer:
    So, where do we go now?:huh
  5. theturtleshead

theturtleshead Tits on a fish

Oddometer:
    See you when you get back buddy!
    Al
  6. neduro

neduro Addict

Oddometer:
    Still bummed I missed you in Argentina, but that pic cracks me up. You didn't miss me!

Awesome ride, Mark, just awesome.
  7. travelprof

travelprof Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Mark,

Sorry we did not meet in Argentina. You were in Chile and then in San Rafael when I was there in January. I am about to start my own trip and wanted to give you the link to my blog at motosinfin.wordpress.com

Your trip was one of my main sources of inspiration while planning mine. Thank you for sharing your adventure with us. I am glad you made it safely back home.

Cheers,

Daniel

[​IMG]
  8. Farioli

Farioli "just do it"

Oddometer:
    WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:clap:clap

Great, great adventure.:deal

9. petefromberkeley

petefromberkeley -

Oddometer:
    :clap Nice job!
  10. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1 Mark

I just now getting back down South again here in Cali and you just now getting back North. We will have a find a time to share those beers and stogies:beer:webers:jose

Thanks for the help you've given me with my trip so far and I'm sure I will be calling on you again my friend. Between you and Vincent, my life was made easier by the intel:wink:

Be sure and throw the asswipe in the bowl, that was my hardest habit to break:lol3
  11. Misery Goat

Misery Goat Positating the negative Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Gracias, amigos! :freaky

It's great to be home but I'd be lying if I'm not already looking forward to getting on the road again. :ricky
  12. Misery Goat

Oddometer:
    I'll be visiting family in the states for the next couple weeks then it's off to Vietnam.

Throw a choripan on the barbe for me, Al! :bubba

Man, I was out there about 20 minutes before you came through and the spectators kept crowding around the SE and asking me questions about the bike and my travels. I was trying to keep my eye on the race but these guys were unrelenting (in a good way of course). I finally moved across the road to get a better angle and they all followed me. :rofl In the midst of the mayhem I looked up and saw you and just threw the camera up and snapped 2 successive shots. The image above was the second shot I think. Of course the SE had to sneak into the pic. :ricky

Awesome race, amigo, I was glad to follow along with you. :freaky
  13. Misery Goat

Oddometer:
    Hey Daniel, sorry we didn't meet up, my route changed a lot toward the end. Let me know if you need any ground intel. You're going to have a great trip, amigo, Argentina is a great place to ride and travel in.

Muchas gracias, amigos. Most of you have been with me from the beginning and through the highs and lows and I appreciate it. Every trip has its challenges and you were there with me in the tough times and it means a lot. :freaky

I'm flying to the land of frozen tundra now so I should have some time to get caught up on the ride report. :D
  14. hilslamer

hilslamer 2XRedheadedstepchild

Oddometer:
    Are you going to be riding there, or just touring? Will you start a second blog or continue the present one?
  15. Bob

Bob Formerly H20Pumper

Oddometer:
    I hope he will be riding and include us in his next adventure!
  16. Misery Goat

Oddometer:
    Vietnam has size restrictions on bikes so I can't import the SE there. I'll be doing some local riding on the bikes I have available and I hope to take a boat up the Mekong to Cambodia for a ride to Ankor Wat. My travel funds are limited on this trip so we'll see. I'll certainly share my misadventures on my blog and if I'm able to acquire a bike I'll share them here as well. :ricky

Thanks again, everyone!
  17. backoutonthehighway

backoutonthehighway ATGMOTT/MOTGATT

Oddometer:
    Hey, just checking in on this ride to catch up and many of the early photos on smugmug are "x'ed" out. Maybe you've already addressed this, but I haven't waded through all the x'ed out pages to find it. Any chance they"ll be restored? :ear

Thanks!
  18. Misery Goat

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads up, I've been going back and fixing some of my fotos and goofed up some of the links.

I think they're all back now.

I'm in Vietnam now and heading for Cambodia in the next week or so. I'll try to get a few posts caught up before I leave. :D
  19. zipper2680

zipper2680 couch traveller

Oddometer:
    I have read many ride reports over here at ADV.Some of them were really good ones. I read your ride report on 3-4 days while i was sick at home. Really inspiring...My sincere congrats...you got to have a huge pair of balls to cross SA on your own most of the time.Nice pics, nice reading and some good humour made it really enjoyable to read...

In the end i just concluded the sissy i am...I have 2 bikes on my garage: a XR600 to trail riding and a ultra-reliable Transalp 650 for road travel with my girlfriend. I have riding gear and almost all the stuff that you used on your trip.So i cant use it as an excuse...I have a already paid house, no debts, no kids, almost no responsabilities.... :) i have a job that i like (but not so well paid), a girlfriend (almost wife) that supports me, but even so that "click" on my head did not happened yet...i wonder how the reading of this RR is gonna affect my judgment...in a good way for sure...

My sincere thanks for all the time you spent writing this RR..and please keep riding..

Cheers from Portugal

Carlos
  20. Enduro10

Enduro10 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

What you saw here in Rio Grande do Sul - state where I live - was only a large part of pinus plantation. The soil area is mainly sand because you rode between a long lagoon and the sea. They are used for furniture and wood boxes purposes. We are far, very far from Amazonia where "the forest" is. My state is well known for cattle farms and rice and soya bean plantations. Wish you a nice trip and keep posting. We'll learn with you, also.