San Antonio/Austin Area KLR Tech Day possibility

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by jwaller, Dec 27, 2018.

1. jwaller

jwaller Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm willing to host a KLR tech day some time mid to late January. I've got a doohickey on order from Eagle Mike which should be at my house by Dec. 30 and will soon have the tools to do the doohickey upgrade. I've never done it but will have the tools and a place to do the work. I'm in New Braunfels, centrally located between Austin and San Antonio so I think I'm in a good location so that more people can come out if interested.

Just looking to see if there is any interest. Any experienced wrenches who have previously done the doo, your expertise would be greatly appreciated. You will be reimbursed in beer or barbecue.

Any interest?
    simplemind likes this.
  2. mudslick

mudslick Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I mite be in I need to do mine also
  3. jwaller

jwaller Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My doohickey came in the mail. There's tools being sent my way. The goal is for the "ADV Doohickey Tamer" to make its way around the states and Canada, being passed from rider to rider. An inmate from Canada sent it my way, so it's starting with me. I'll pass it along once I'm done using it. Maybe we can get together and work together to do the doo. I'm ready to go once I get the tools and I'm off until Monday the 7th. If the tools don't get here this week, after the 7th, I'm available on weekends as I'm a school teacher. So any Saturday or Sunday will work for me. I'll post up again once I get the tools. I'm on this forum and TWT, both with the handle jwaller.

Justin
  4. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't forget gaskets. Good luck. I also have the doo hicky tool and rotor puller which also works on BMW F650GS twin cylinder.
    jwaller likes this.
  5. Manny77

Manny77 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not a KLR guy, but live in New Braunfels and wouldn't mind coming by. Always great to meet members and motorcycle enthusiasts! I can also bring some beer!
    jwaller likes this.
  6. jwaller

jwaller Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sure thing. It would be good to get to know another local rider. I'll let you know when I get the tools. Maybe if I get some time (and decent weather) we can meet up for a ride.
  7. Manny77

Manny77 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sounds good! Let me know!