San Bernardino National Forest Report

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by pcvance, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Off Limits

Off Limits Banned

Oddometer:
    The Toyota runs!!! Wow what a day! Most epic 36 birthday ride I'll ever have. No pics because well, ......
  2. krazykayaker

krazykayaker 11bGruntM249PointMan

Oddometer:
    yes it was!!!!
    Its been a really long while since I have laughed so much in one day!!
    Your pops is the Man!
    Thanks again for the invitation and I can't wait to hang out again.
    Happy Birthday brother

ps, yeah sean- it was tough getting a clean and respectable pic with the mobile frat party rolling full throttle....
  3. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:
    really?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=579185&page=603
  4. Off Limits

Off Limits Banned

Oddometer:
    That's just how we roll!!! You should see us on a real trip!! You might be able to hear Clapton from your house. Rock and rye slow and low!!!
  5. outlaws

outlaws Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is anyone still riding SBNF?

View from this last weekend....

[​IMG]
  6. Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep!
  7. Dangerish

Dangerish I fall a lot

Oddometer:
    Ditto. Almost every weekend.
  8. canyonkid

canyonkid Does it Matter

Oddometer:
    Yep just not telling. Shhh
  9. wilmar13

wilmar13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I went for a ride today up 1N09 (Old city creek rd) starting at 330 headed up to big bear via dirt... Had no clue there was a fire!
    http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/4302/

It is massive, crappy phone pics dont do it justice. Really sucks! I could see the flames though it doesnt show up. Got these halfway up Radford Camp Rd:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Panarama
    [​IMG]
  10. wilmar13

wilmar13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hopefully it won't close down all the good roads on the south side of Big Bear for good.

I got to the top of Radford Camp Rd and the f#*king gate was locked, with me on the wrong side of it and it is on side of mtn so no way around. N04 to 38 was shut and I needed gas planning to fill up in Big Bear. Went back down and then ascended Clarks Grade only to find myself locked in again at the top at intersection with 2N10, but was able to ride around it.
  11. wilmar13

wilmar13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    ^
    Fingers crossed the fire will be contained and gates will be opened shortly. I was really stressed as I didnt have enough fuel to ride back the whole way to 330 and then into Highland (it is 32 mile of unimproved fire roads back to 330 from there), and who knows if the gate would be closed there too. It was open 3 hrs prior when I entered oblivious to the fire, but no idea if you can still ride 1N09 (Old City Creek) as I came back to LA via 138 to the Crest.

You can physically ride around the gate at 1N54 (Clarks Grade)/2N10, but obviously that is probably not a good idea unless you find yourself trapped on the other side. :lol3

I uploaded a phone video to photo bucket and you can see the helicopters (size of insects) flying into the fire. I can't get mobile uploads to do full resolution, but it gives different perspective than just pics. Have to click link to see as I don't know how to embed video from photobucket like you can from youtube.

[​IMG]

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid1231.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fee517%2Fwilmar130%2F420D8834-FB78-4ECB-9639-B4ED571B68C5_zps5zmboycv.mp4&title=">
  12. Dangerish

Dangerish I fall a lot

Oddometer:
    For future reference, there is fuel in angelus oaks. You can take middle control road up from 1n09 (where it dumps into Glass road) to the 38. It dumps you out about a block from the gas station/general store.
  13. bigtodd

bigtodd Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer:
    Kind of forgot about this thread ... went up for some color on Sunday

[​IMG]

along with some pretty fun tracks, my buddy John enjoying the perfect weather

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Jeff aka BOLT and pvt joker like this.