San Diego Local Info

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by GSL, Jun 18, 2002.

1. GSL

GSL Team Big Wheel

Oddometer:
    I'm doing my SaddleSore 3K in a couple weeks. It's actually part of a longer trip and by the time I get to San Diego, I'll be looking for some fresh rubber. I'll be on my Aprilia, so any MC tire shop or dealer will work, as long as they accept sportbikes.

Can any of you locals suggest a dealer or shop where I can get some BT020's put on? I'd like to order/schedule something in advance. I'll be in SD for 3 days so leaving the bike overnight for one night would be ok.

Thanks!
  2. ShaftEd

ShaftEd Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hello CSL, I live in San Diego and have all my tires done at a small one man operation called Santee Motorcycle Supply (619)449-0344. Ken the owner is a good guy, has low prices, and most important doesn't scratch up rims. Tell him Ed sent you.

OTOH, if you would like to go with an actual Aprilia dealer.

GP Motorcycles

These guys are one of the largest SoCal Ducati/Aprilia shops around, and are also a good bunch of guys. However, Ken at Santee Cycle would be cheaper.

Either way, have a good trip.
  3. GSL

GSL Team Big Wheel

Oddometer:
    Thanks ShaftEd! I have decided to schedule my tire change at GP, since it's only a couple blocks from my hotel. And, since they're an Aprilia dealer, they can change the oil too and save me the hassle of trying to do it "on the road" on my own.

I may have an "interesting" trip report when I get back...... :evil

....Colorado to Deal's Gap to Montreal to San Diego to Colorado... :1drink

Also, and best of all, I sold my other BMW today. So when I get back, I am able to go shopping for a new GS Adventure.... :dj :drums