1. Gregg Wannabe

Gregg Wannabe Just killing time

Oddometer:
    Hey guys:

I'm looking for guys for weekend DS rides in and around San Diego.

I'm a dirt bike guy, no racer but pretty capable on my 525 EXC (w/ plate). Most of my riding has consisted of trailering the dirt bikes out to the desert with my kids but I recently bought a 950 Adventure and am now enjoying weekend rides from my house in Carlsbad. I usually take off for Palomar then on to the desert via Grapevine or another trail, through Borrego Springs and back home.

While I do enjoy riding solo I'm out of fresh places to ride and would like to do longer more challenging rides so I know I should hook up with some experienced riders.

A great day for me would be leaving early on Saturday or Sunday, getting in a mix of dirt/street of say, 200+ miles and be back by mid day (My kids don't even wake up until noon). I am also up for longer rides and overnighters if I can park the kids somewhere.

I know there are a number of guys in the area who ride big bikes. Anybody interested?
  2. Gregg Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Is it my breath?
  3. mikeyb

mikeyb Just some guy

Oddometer:
    That's the kind of ride I like to do on my 625sxc, but I won't be able join you for the next few weeks.
  4. kkug

kkug Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Wannabe-- I live in Escondido-- I will PM you.
  5. RocaFellaRanger

RocaFellaRanger .

Oddometer:
    I'm in Escondido as well. The KLR doesn't see much dirt with it's street tires, but maybe that will change sometime soon. The XR does the real dirt duty.
  6. Gregg Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Great-
    I'll definitely look you guys up next time I have a weekend free, nothing too tough, just looking to explore the local hills and dales.
  7. RiverRat

RiverRat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey GW,

I'm more of a d/s or overnight rider than trailering to a OHV park for a day. Most of my riding is in Death Valley but exploring around ca/az border more now. I'm a beginner but would like to find some good d/s rides around north county. Ever ride up to Anza or Palm Springs?

I'm putting some Kenda 270s on the DRZ400.
    :huh
  8. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Gordo tonto y contento.

Oddometer:
    San Diego, not Mex, but I can smell it from here.
    I'm in Pt Loma. Have had the GSA about a month. Have a few rusty dirt skills left but not much. Pretty capable on the pavement. I did the Gonzaga Bay loop as a break-in ride. I'm good with dirt roads, double track would be OK, I'd probably be over my head on single track.
    Put me on the list for local rides. Would love chasing someone with superior skills and try to learn a few things. I'm don't mind being the slow guy if you don't mind waiting!
  9. sdmotor

sdmotor Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm in south bay and usually off weekends. Just give a PM so I can have some advance notice. I also have a tire changer/balancer available.
  10. irlsanders

irlsanders Panamaniac

Oddometer:
  11. Gummee!

Gummee! That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer:
    Now, y'know, I don't normally wander into the "west" section, but did tonite.

Any interest in riding around the Ramona area? There's a few fire roads and truck trails out there that should be 950-able.

Too bad Greg Minor's still down for the count, he'd show you a thing or two about that big monster!

M
    Rancho Bernardo BAYbee!
  12. the Luz

the Luz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just saw this thread. I'm up in Glen Ivy and just put knobbies back on the R1150GS Adventure, and up for dirt. I'm thinking about the RawHyde Adventure camp this August and would like to have company.

I like to load up Bart and camp. Would like the company.
  13. catoman

catoman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just registered and this is my first response on Advrider - have been an admirer for some time.

I live in the UTC area and recently bought a 2000 R1150GS. Don't do too much crazy-offroading but Sunday mornings are my dedicated ride-time (until hunting season starts).

Would like to join in on some rides.
  14. Elefant 900 Rad

Elefant 900 Rad Hedley

Oddometer:
    Hello all you San Diego area riders, I'm riding just about every weekend on my 950, or other dualsport. PM me and I'll give you my home #. I'm always looking for new people on big bikes to ride with. I know a lot of trails in the county, and I'm sure some of you may show me some new stuff also.
  15. bigmizzle

bigmizzle Grease Pirate

Oddometer:
    If you are coming up north past LA or near it, I'd love to know also. Been trying to get dirty out there but I don't know this area very well as far as the dirty stuff
  16. Trey650

Trey650 Are We There Yet?

Oddometer:
    Myself and a couple of friends ride around the county as much as time allows. We are on XR650R's & a DRZ. PM me if you want to hook up. It will probally not be until late September before it is cool enough to ride again.

Always looking for new trails and adventures.

But if you plan your routes and stick to your plan, you are not for us as we usually just go until we find a place we haven't been and take the trail to see where it goes.

It makes for an adventure everytime. :D
  17. wiley

wiley Wiley

Oddometer:
    I'd really like to find some dirt road stuff in S.D. County to do this Sunday. Can any of you guys give me some advice on where to go? Perhaps somewhere higher up out of the heat???

Mainly looking for easier dirt roads as wife and her 650gs will probably want to come. Her only skill in the dirt so far is breaking parts off her bike.

Anyone else looking to ride is more than welcome as well.

Dave (1150gs-Laguna Niguel)
  18. Elefant 900 Rad

Elefant 900 Rad Hedley

Oddometer:
    Look on a county map for Valley Center, then look for Nate Harrison Grade. that's an easy dirt road that goes up to the top of Palomar. I know of some others, but might be a little tough for your wife. Also, on Mount Laguna, look for Pine Creek Rd. out of Pine Valley, it goes to the top of Mt. Laguna. It is paved, narrow one lane, but fun ! Watch out for other vehicles and bicycles. PM me anytime you want, I'll give you my e-mail address.
  19. kkug

kkug Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Look at AAA Map for the road on the backside of Palomar. Starts by the big RV park in Aguanga--heads East to Warner Springs. Watch out for storm,s and heat. Great views from fire tower when it is clear.
  20. kkug

kkug Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think we need a ADV San Diego Riders --Rally Ride when it cools off.

Need to meet all of you.

I hope I can make it. !!!! :eek1