1. sandiegoland

sandiegoland Adventure Boy®

Oddometer:
    That's a pretty aggressive day. I would just suggest skipping Black Canyon / Mesa Grande and start the dirt at Lost Valley. Shave off 30 minutes that you might want to dedicate later to all the new stuff. Very cool route!

Put me down for at least through Pines to Palms.
  2. dustjunkie

dustjunkie Got Stick Meat?

Oddometer:
    I'm going to plan to make it, but there are some "things" that may get in the way...

Jake
  3. RiverRat

RiverRat Long timer

Oddometer:
    In.
  4. mikeyb

mikeyb Just some guy

Oddometer:
    It's looking like there's enough people interested for going on April 9.
    I'll post a .gpx file of the route as soon as I get it together.

I'll be riding out through Ramona and can meet up with anyone who wants to start there. People who live farther North can meet us in Warner Springs.
  5. AaronK

AaronK Grumpy Grumperson

Oddometer:
    Id that route going through Red Canyon from the Bradshaw trail? Great Ride and I think it's challenging.
  6. frednic

frednic We survived another one!

Oddometer:
    This sounds like an epic adventure. Put me down as going.
  7. Elefant 900 Rad

Elefant 900 Rad Hedley

Oddometer:
    Weather permitting, as long as it's not pouring rain, we're going riding.

Go to the forums section - Local Rides / Who's Going Riding, on the website [B][I]www.dualsport-sd.com[/I][/B] for more information.
  8. sickboy

sickboy lonewolf

Oddometer:
    I'd love to jump on this Salton Sea/Joshua Tree ride if you'll have me. I'm in Redlands, and could roll out to Warner Springs to connect. Right now, I'd say I'm 80% a go!

Estimated meeting time at Warner Springs?
  9. mikeyb

mikeyb Just some guy

Oddometer:
    How about 8:30 at the Warner Springs store?
  10. sickboy

sickboy lonewolf

Oddometer:
    8:30 works for me.
  11. RiverRat

RiverRat Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll be camping in ocotillo off highway park on friday and sat night. You'all are welcome to camp too.
  12. mattybag

mattybag Parrothead/Singlespeeder

Oddometer:
    This ride looks like a good time. I'm really interested and would like to ride along with you all. I just have to clear one thing from my calendar and I'm in if you'll let tag along. I'll confirm by the 1st.
    Sickboy, if I can pull this off I'll be coming out of Redlands also. Maybe we can ride down together. Let me know what you think. Even if I can't make it, we'll have to get together for a local ride.
    Matt
  13. aerospacescott

aerospacescott Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is there anything planned around San Diego in the next month or so? I'm up in Huntington Beach and would be able to make it down for some rides. My wife works about two weekends a month, so I have those days open. Anything planned? We just bought her (me) a DL-650 and I'm dying to really test it, within my limited abilities.
  14. Elefant 900 Rad

Elefant 900 Rad Hedley

Oddometer:
    Some of us will be riding every weekend, so we'll keep posting alerts here.

One thing.....do you have any off-road experience on your V-Strom, or off-road experience at all ??

Most of the rides we do are not suitable for a complete Noob on a big bike. We're happy to have noobs along if the ride is easy, but if there's any challenging sections at all, a new rider on a big bike like the V-Strom will most likely have a hard time.

We'll try to post an accurate description of the rides we do each time.

Hope to see you on a ride soon !!
  15. aerospacescott

aerospacescott Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I learned on a farm in North Dakota when I was about 13, on a huge (for the time) 450 dirt bike. Plus, I went on a hard core road off of the Ortega (or so I thought, until I saw a couple of Gold Wings) last week. That's about all I have....but I do want to learn. I'll definitely be checking back here for something within my ability.
  16. dustjunkie

dustjunkie Got Stick Meat?

Oddometer:
    aerospacescott,

Once it dries out a bit, saddle back should open up, and you can come up here with Wageslave and I and we can show you around Trabuco... mostly fire roads, but they are loose enough and rough enough, that if you ride them a bit you will develop some skilz... I'll keep you in mind next time I am headed up there... are you available weekday afternoons/evenings? Daylight savings is ending soon, and we will start riding there after work...

Jake
  17. Elefant 900 Rad

Elefant 900 Rad Hedley

Oddometer:
    OK, this Sunday March 26th.....another ride along the border, probably all the way to Jacumba

go to this link for more info.....Minuteman Ride Sunday 3/26
  18. Gregg Wannabe

Gregg Wannabe Just killing time

Oddometer:
    IN!
  19. sickboy

sickboy lonewolf

Oddometer:
    I dunno about the riding together thing, my singlespeed friend. With your lung capacity I'm thinking you should be peddling your Mtn Bike while I twist my throttle.

So, yeah, let's try to connect at some point...I'll strap a bottle of oxygen to my camelback, and it'll be all fair.

For this particular ride, I'm still not sure if I'm going to ride the bike from here to Warner Springs, or truck it down...the KTM isn't exactly my favorite thing on the slab (and I'm done taking the GS on anything other than fire roads, so it's probably not an option for this ride). I see you've got a couple dirt machines in your garage. Which will you be firing up, the Yammie or the XR?

And What about the rest of you SD riders...what are the SD weapon of choice (besides carne asada burritos and three rolled tacos w/ guacamole)?
  20. mattybag

mattybag Parrothead/Singlespeeder

Oddometer:
    Sickboy:
    I'll be riding the XR. The YZ isn't street legal and the 4 speed isn't great on the pavement (but it's fun on the singletrack). If we can get together I'm ok with trucking or riding south. If we ride, we can cut off a little early on the ride back or find some fun trail or fireroads to get back through Riverside County. I'll email you next week and see if we can set something up.
    As for the singlespeeding deal it's not that I'm in that good shape, well round is a shape. But I'm not smart enough to know how to shift those complicated bicycles. I'm spending more of my time with my Parrothead training which isn't great for the cardo, but "it's good for your soul".
    Matt